1. [HOWTO] Use in-game Search with more specific results

Hey Warmane community,

I thought to share something I see is useful specially if you are looking for someone or a guild you wish to join but don't know if any members are online.

We all know that using search in-game is sometimes kinda tricky, you can use it to search specific players within certain levels, names or even who are in what zone. You can search players who are online in one specific guild. This comes handy specially if you want/need help while leveling and you wish to look who are in your zone.

Let's start with easy functions that you can type either in chat or in Who box.

Spoiler: Show

We want to search for people in Stormwind or Orgrimmar:
    type this in chat /who z-"Stormwind" or /who z-"Orgrimmar"

Now this gave us all people in those cities but we want to be more specific and look for certain levels:
    type this in chat /who 10-20 <--- That command will search people within levels 10 to 20.

You can search classes:
    type this to chat /who c-"Priest" <--- With that command you will search only priests with any level.

Now if you are looking for person and you wish to know who he/she is you can do this:
    /who n-"playername" <--- This command will show person name, class, which zone person is and what level person is.

You want to join guild and you don't know who's online:
    /who g-"Guild Name here"

We can also combine some of these commands to look more specific:
    /who z-"Stormwind" c-"Priest" 70-80 <--- This command makes it search 70-80 level priests from Stormwind only. or if you want to search priests from every zone just remove z-"Stormwind" from text

Any commands shown inside spoiler can be added to /Who command in order and find people or what ever you are looking for.

I hope this little guide perhaps helps someone to find player or guild!

Have a nice day Warmane Community!

2. Just so that I understand the syntax for search:

z- is zone search with the zone in " "
    c- is class search with the class in " "
    n- is player name with the name in " "
    g- is guild with the guild in " "

So if I am looking for a rogue to run a Wailing Cavers with me, I would do /who c-"rogue" 17-20

Is this all correct? Is it case specific?

Also, is there a limit to the amount of searched hits? Does it max out and is there a way to bypass the maximum?

Thanks for your information in advance!
    Edited: April 19, 2016

3. It seems to be case sensitive in Class / guild / name searches so as you said you want rogue to run Wailing Caverns with you would do it with /who c-"Rogue" 17-20.

All syntaxes you said are correct yes.

And when it comes to limit of 50, I don't think blizz made it by passable with their default method of search, There might be some other addons or scripts created that may be able to search even more but I haven't heard of those atleast myself.
    Edited: April 19, 2016 Reason: Added text for bypassing max search limit