1. PVP Gear in PVE ?

HI folks,

can someone explain me what the difference between PVP and PVE gear in MOP is? In Cataclysm people with PVP gear sucked in PVE, no damage, and PVE geared people died in PVP very fast. but now i see full PVP geared people running dungeons doing 200 - 300k dps. better than most PVE geared people.

Also i saw that pvp gear has the same and more stats than PVE gear, i see pvp items with: (for example pala )

+ Vitality
    + Strength
    + good attrib 1 ( haste? crit? mastery?)
    + good attrib 2 ( haste? crit? mastery?)
    + pvp power
    + pvp resil

and PVE gear has the same, also 2 good attribs ( haste? crit? mastery?)

+ Vitality
    + Strength

seems like the only difference between pvp and pve gear is pvp power and pvp resil? that makes no sense, then i could go full PVP and would be equipped for battlegrounds and also dungeons / raids

Greetings

2. HI folks,

can someone explain me what the difference between PVP and PVE gear in MOP is? In Cataclysm people with PVP gear sucked in PVE, no damage, and PVE geared people died in PVP very fast. but now i see full PVP geared people running dungeons doing 200 - 300k dps. better than most PVE geared people.

Also i saw that pvp gear has the same and more stats than PVE gear, i see pvp items with: (for example pala )

+ Vitality
    + Strength
    + pvp power
    + pvp resil

and PVE gear has the same, also 2 good attribs ( haste? crit? mastery?)

+ Vitality
    + Strength

seems like the only difference between pvp and pve gear is pvp power and pvp resil? that makes no sense, then i could go full PVP and would be equipped for battlegrounds and also dungeons / raids

Greetings
    You can raid with pvp gear u will have decent damage but you wont top the charts differences are the set bonuses and trinkets

3. Yep you can raid in pvp gear,

but you have 1 useless stat and that is pvp power, the resilience is the same for everyone, in pvp or pve gear it is always 77% + with 2x pvp trinkets you get 80% resilience.

with pve gear you have an upgrade option so 522 gear becomes 530 and has enhanced stats, so in the end pve gear is much better for pve. But if you just starting pve you'll do fine in pvp gear with few reforges.

4. Well the except trink, all pvp power stat on pvp gear is like bonus, the main stat, and secondary is almost same. The one you lose is socket bonus and set bonus.
    It is actually good to throw some pvp item with better secondary stat to replace some pve item. My guess is you can substract like 10 ilv for pvp item to get same performance with comparable pve item (offset only)

5. Well heroic dungeon lvl is quite low, they give you blue gear.
    If you are epic 500+ geared pvp player you are going to wreck them fast, even despite the fact that you wear pvp.

6. Okay so to clear things up:

Every item has a stat budget which is determined by the level of the item (iLvL) and the quality of the item it self (grey/white/green/e.t.c.)
    So for example a green item of iLvL X would have (and this is just a speculative example) either 500 stamina,500 strength or 250 stamina and 250 strength,as long as the total value is within 500,it can go either way,it gets a bit more complex with crit haste e.t.c. since all of those stats have different weight on value of the stat.

TL;DR the reason why pvp gear is not good for pve is because of the pvp power and pvp resiliance,it also tends to sway more in favor of stamina instead of agility int or str,so while yes,it can work in pve,no self respecting raid guild would ever consider recruiting someone with a whole lot of pvp crap on his character.

Also the big bugbear in the room: PVE gear can be upgraded.

7. Okay so to clear things up:

Every item has a stat budget which is determined by the level of the item (iLvL) and the quality of the item it self (grey/white/green/e.t.c.)
    So for example a green item of iLvL X would have (and this is just a speculative example) either 500 stamina,500 strength or 250 stamina and 250 strength,as long as the total value is within 500,it can go either way,it gets a bit more complex with crit haste e.t.c. since all of those stats have different weight on value of the stat.

TL;DR the reason why pvp gear is not good for pve is because of the pvp power and pvp resiliance,it also tends to sway more in favor of stamina instead of agility int or str,so while yes,it can work in pve,no self respecting raid guild would ever consider recruiting someone with a whole lot of pvp crap on his character.

Don't spread misinformation if you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

In mop pvp and pve gear of the same item level have the zxact same stats, pvp power doesn't get taken into account for the item budget, and resilience isn't on gear anymore.

The only downside is you might have a socket less and wikl lose out on set bonusses, trinkets obviously are pretty useless cause it's mostly just pvp power.

Go compare a 522 pve item to a 522 pvp item and see for yourself.

Naturally pve items are better since they can also be upgraded etc, but pvp gear is a fine starting set for pve, better than 496 pve gear or something similar.

8. Don't spread misinformation if you don't have a clue what you're talking about.
    In mop pvp and pve gear of the same item level have the zxact same stats, pvp power doesn't get taken into account for the item budget, and resilience isn't on gear anymore.
    The only downside is you might have a socket less and wikl lose out on set bonusses, trinkets obviously are pretty useless cause it's mostly just pvp power.
    Go compare a 522 pve item to a 522 pvp item and see for yourself.
    Naturally pve items are better since they can also be upgraded etc, but pvp gear is a fine starting set for pve, better than 496 pve gear or something similar.
    Go compare your self,take for example 522ilvl 2h weapons,every single pve weapon even without upgrade is superior,none of them,and i do mean none has exact same stat values,.
    Not to mention the fact that pve gear can and should be upgraded,so if i ever mention for example a tot weapon,i will disregard the default 522 ilvl.
    As for resiliance i was talking about trinkets and the low tier gear. So before you reply,check **** your self.
    You gotta be a complete ****** to not bother upgrading pvp gear,so even comparing it to pvp at the same ilvl is pointless.
    Oh and btw,sockets count toward stat weight as well,thus taking portion of the ilvl value.

9. Okay so to clear things up:

Go compare your self,take for example 522ilvl 2h weapons,every single pve weapon even without upgrade is superior,none of them,and i do mean none has exact same stat values,.
    Not to mention the fact that pve gear can and should be upgraded,so if i ever mention for example a tot weapon,i will disregard the default 522 ilvl.
    As for resiliance i was talking about trinkets and the low tier gear. So before you reply,check **** your self.
    You gotta be a complete ****** to not bother upgrading pvp gear,so even comparing it to pvp at the same ilvl is pointless.
    Oh and btw,sockets count toward stat weight as well,thus taking portion of the ilvl value.
    Clearly a misinformed transferee from wotlk/cata. MOP pvp gear mechanics changed. Go check **** before talking trash.

10. @Avitus

Wow u seem like a smartass, but that's all u are lol. Google is ur friend, go and document urself before posting nonsense that many *****s like urself believe, im sure its not a hard task to check for official mop mechanics changes, there is no need to take ppl words for it.

11. PvP power is useless in PvE because it work only in PvP zones

12. with pve gear you have an upgrade option so 522 gear becomes 530 and has enhanced stats, so in the end pve gear is much better for pve. But if you just starting pve you'll do fine in pvp gear with few reforges.
    Warmane changed the upgrade option from 2/2 to 4/4 that means you can reach 538

13. Go compare your self,take for example 522ilvl 2h weapons,every single pve weapon even without upgrade is superior,none of them,and i do mean none has exact same stat values,.
    You're still wrong, please go read up or do some actual comparisons. This isn't wotlk

14. Yep,was wrong about pvp power having any value,direct quote from blizzard:
    PvP gear will be lower in item level than PvE gear of an equivalent tier, however the Power and Resilience stats will make sure that PvP gear is more powerful in PvP (both offensively and defensively) than PvE gear. In our budgeting system, the PvP stats will be free rather than causing other stats, such as Strength or haste, to be smaller as a result of including Power or Resilience.
    Yet i am still right,pve gear is far superior in terms of instances and raids,nobody in his right mind would ever consider comparing the two without taking into account pve gear upgrades which can make huge difference,especially for weapons even with a single upgrade.
    So again,can you do raids in pvp gear? yes. Will it be any good? nope,unless you are fine with mediocrity.

15. Yep,was wrong about pvp power having any value,direct quote from blizzard:

Yet i am still right,pve gear is far superior in terms of instances and raids,nobody in his right mind would ever consider comparing the two without taking into account pve gear upgrades which can make huge difference,especially for weapons even with a single upgrade.
    So again,can you do raids in pvp gear? yes. Will it be any good? nope,unless you are fine with mediocrity.
    Nobody was arguing pvp gear is better for pve, that's pretty obvious. But pvp gear is still great to start with, better than lower ilvl prev tier pve gear unless the set bonuses are amazing.

It's just you were making the case about pvp power and resilience as if this was wrath and spreading it as fact, which you now also know is false.

12 Last