1. new player, would like some info and advice which side to join

hi

since nost was closed i decided with couple of my friends its time for a bit of wotlk. we are mostly interested in pvp (open and structured) but like to do an occasional dungeon, and maybe even raids later, who knows.
    i've seen the thread titled "is pvp dead on lordaeron", and it frankly got me worried a bit.
    also i would like to know what faction should we choose, and since balance is mostly 50/50 we would likely choose a more pvp oriented faction (if there is such a thing at all, and im not talking about racials here).

also since this realm is half year old, and probably most of the chars are 80, how does the old world (azeroth and outland) feel? is it completely empty, or is there a potential for some unstructured pvp while lvling? also, regarding old word is it scripted good like northrend?

thanks for your answers and help

2. Choose whatever faction you like, doesnt matter. PvP is mostly lacking in lower level battlegrounds and 3v3 or high rated 2v2 arenas. If you are seeking for open world PvP while leveling, there is plenty of it. You'll find people in all zones. I also played on Nost and it feels really similar in spirit. Not as bloody gankfest in STV and other hot pvp zones, people willing to attack you on sight less, but you always can be initiator :D. Also Ive heard there is alot of PvP around summoning stones in WoTLK zones.
    Keep in mind though, vast majority of Lordaeron players came here for PvE. So you'll find many people who are just bad in PvP.

As for scripting, it is top notch. I was surprised by quality of vanilla content scripting.
    Edited: April 20, 2016

3. Lordaeron is surprisingly equal when it comes to player distribution across factions, so just choose whichever faction you and your friends like more. But as Shamza said, since it's a progression realm, PvP is really not a priority for a big chunk of the players there - long BG queues, long arena queues, and few PvP guilds are something normal for the realm.

There are spots which could use some improvement in scripting, but overall you won't have any problems questing and leveling.

There is a thread around here somewhere which shows the player distribution across levels and you can see from it that there are still plenty of low level players, be it alts or casuals, so you won't feel lonely, that's for sure.

4. tnx for your replies

ok, so im not worried about the world pvp part anymore, cause there will always probably be someone to gank like you said. but im a bit worried hearing about long queue times, i hope that will get better in time, since now some refugees from nost came over here, and nost was good for pvp.
    i'll definately start here tho, just hope that queues get better in time, and more ppl get insterested in sPvP

edit: also, do they have cross-realm bgs enabled? and if not, do they plan to implement it?

5. Hmm, I don't think they'll implement cross-realm BGs soon. First of all, it's a very complex thing to do, second, Death/Rag are on ICC content while Lordaeron is on Naxxramas - the imbalance would be huge.

Regarding queues, I honestly didn't think that Nost refugees would revive Lordaeron, but it seems I was wrong. Just adjust your login times when there is no queue and you'll be fine. Or login in advance and go do something else while waiting. Queues never bothered me, really. They're a sign for a big and healthy community.

6. Alliance- bunch of bad wannabe's.
    Horde- mixture of really good players, and blood elfs

Take your pick

7. Here is what you have to know, most people don't speak up when something is working fine, people like to complain. For every "PvP is dead" thread there are a good 20* people who see that, disagree, but never respond, nor would you ever see a "PvP is not dead" thread. *note I made the number up, but you get my point

Because of the style of this realm (no Random Dungeon Finder and no Heirlooms) the world is a lot fuller as less people are grinding dungeons to level. The downside is there may not be as many people looking for lower level dungeons because unless you have several quests for them, it is usually a "waste of time".

Pick whichever faction you want. There are certain battlegrounds that do favor Alliance and vice versa, but both sides are fairly even as far as PvE and PvP are concerned.

8. well, i was horde on retail, maybe its time for a change, and since im most likely going druid, i aint playin no cow again. if the balance is 50/50 like graphs suggest, and since i dont care about racials, ill prolly go ally side. but ill wait for my friends to decide

edit: yeah forums are usually vocal minority, so you always have to check things for yourself, but they do help...

9. I just starting playing last Friday and I'm only level 37 druid but I've seen a lot of hordies up and about. The server seems extremely active, not sure about bg's at the moment cuz I am having a blast questing (very strange for me, cuz Im heavy into pvp). If you decide to go Alliance, hit me up on Danathor and I will help out with what ever I can.

10. sure buddy, if we go alliance we can kill some hordies together

11. PVP is not dead. Also, cross realm BG's would be a disaster. Half of ragnaros/deathwing is running in full 277 gear with shadowmourne.

12. Welcome! Have fun leveling!
    tnx, i really wanted to go alliance this time, but my friends want to go horde. oh well...

13. If you love anything in your life, don't join alliance. 90% of people there are total douchebags and will treat you with nothing but disrespect. If i knew what alliance community was back in september i would've rolled horde

14. I play alliance with random noob characters and have yet to see that happening.

12 Last