1. How to gear Priest for PVP

What gear set (Satin or Mooncloth) goes with which spec?

2. Mooncloth for any spec /thread

3. Mooncloth for arena
    Satin for BGs/fun if u wanna see some nasty crits more often
    2x2p for duels
    Satin for duels if fighting low resil enemy.

4. Spirit over crit? Why is that. Just to last longer in fights?

Never would have guessed. Good thing I asked.

5. Spirit over crit? Why is that. Just to last longer in fights?

Never would have guessed. Good thing I asked.
    Yes. A priest out of mana is a useless priest.

You aren't all damage damage and damage. You're also a support, and cannot afford to run out of mana in arena. The crit set is fine for BGs as you have pockets of time to drink up (or yell for an innervate, justified by being top in damage by DP/Mindsear spamming)

Spirit for life!

6. Crit is also fine for arena if you play with a sub rogue.

7. Gearing for crit is often not worth it as shadow priest. Even with 5/5 satin you will have < 20% crit, which is kinda useless against any pvp geared opponent. To get a reliable amount of crit you will have to sacrifice a lot of resi and haste, which you shouldn't do. Also a shadow priest has no important proccs that need a crit to get activated.
    You also get spellpower from spirit, so it gives you a ''double boost'' to your damage and sustain because you will deal more damage/healing per manapoint you spend and also have more mana to spend.

8. exactly even with satin you wont crit full wrathful people. full mooncloth set + haste off pieces, the only exception to needing all that spirit is if you're going full pve gear ala crazy spell power, crit, and haste, 0 resil, in which case you'll not only have 10k more mana than you would in pvp gear but i cant imagine a situation where you'll go OOM before either you or every enemy on the screen is dead.

9. Satin Shoulders + Gloves and Mooncloth Head + Shoulders + Chest for extra resilience.

Full Mooncloth for extra damage.

Haste offsets if possible, if not, spirit offsets. (Obviously make sure you are hit capped one way or another)

One piece of the main set can be replaced with haste/hit item from wintersgrasp, if this is a good decision or not and which piece to replace depends on season.

10. Satin Shoulders + Gloves and Mooncloth Head + Shoulders + Chest for extra resilience.

Full Mooncloth for extra damage.

Haste offsets if possible, if not, spirit offsets. (Obviously make sure you are hit capped one way or another)

One piece of the main set can be replaced with haste/hit item from wintersgrasp, if this is a good decision or not and which piece to replace depends on season.
    Hey, could you please remind me what is the hit cap? 4%? And what about spell penetration? I am playing on Lordaeron if this means something.

11. Hey, could you please remind me what is the hit cap? 4%? And what about spell penetration? I am playing on Lordaeron if this means something.
    pvp hit cap for specials was and will always be 5% or 164 hit rating, not including any talents/spells which gives u % of hit ( like balance druid Imroved faire fire, SPriest's Shadow focus and Misery, Warlock's Suppresion, Shaman's Elemental Precision etc)

12. pvp hit cap for specials was and will always be 5% or 164 hit rating, not including any talents/spells which gives u % of hit ( like balance druid Imroved faire fire, SPriest's Shadow focus and Misery, Warlock's Suppresion, Shaman's Elemental Precision etc)
    It's 4% for spells. Like Dike said, no talents or spells included :)

13. How much hit you need depends on how much you want to put in to it.

You need 4% as the standard hit cap. But against rogues (and paladins?) you need total of 8% to be hit capped, and against belfs (and possibly undeads if I remember correctly) you need extra 2% hit chance.

So.. (If I remember right, I might be wrong)
    Standard hit cap for spells: 4%
    Hit cap against bloodelfs and undeads: 6%
    Hit cap against Rogues and Paladins: 8%
    Hit cap against Bloodelf/Undead paladins and rogues: 10%

You get 3% hit from talents + 3% hit from Misery talent. I would recommend getting at least 1% hit and up to 4% hit from gear.

As for spell penetration: Someone said that the cap is 142 (or maybe 144) not quite sure about that, get 85-145 depending on how much you want your enemies to resist. I have ~135 spell pene and mages sometimes resist my spells.

I am playing on lordaeron as well. Getting the required spell penetration is easier, if you are not a tailor and can enchant your cloak with +35 spell pene. Also after ToC patch and epic gems you can easily gem the required spell penetration. After you reach 1930 rating and can buy pvp weapons, you can buy wand and offhand with spell penetration, which helps a lot. After getting the wand and/or offhand you can swap between spell pene wand and other wand to suit your needs.

14. what about crit for a Disc priest though? crit heals save mana and prevent death.

15. It's the same problem as Shadow.
    You can't really get a decent amount of crit without loosing haste, resilience or Spirit/mp5.

Your Shield and renew don't benefit from crit at all, neither do your dispells and dots.

Critical heals in PvP are nice, but you should not depend on them.