1. People prefer to justify themselves with the simple "highest roll wins" rule, saying that's most fair, when actually it is not. If a combat rogue is rolling for an item that's BiS for him and another fury warrior rolls for it too in case the item doesn't even figure in their upgrade spreadsheet, then what's the point of giving it to the warrior? Only because "he rolled higher"? Where's the common sense in that? In my case this was especially true since the exact next boss - LDW - drops the 2nd BiS warrior boots and you can easily get BS-crafted boots, which are your 3rd BiS. So why roll on some ****ty-for-your-class leather boots only to **** with another player?

In a PUG there's no reason to give the BiS item to you because there's no benefit to the rest of the group. No one is there to see others get gear, whereas with a guild group it makes sense to give BiS to a player because it benefits their guild over all. In PUG, as it was mentioned earlier, everyone is out for themselves. If it is an upgrade then it's an upgrade. They aren't using spreadsheets, they are just using what's an upgrade. If they cared about BiS or anything of that sort, they would probably join a guild and run it with their guild. That's the inherent risk with a PUG.

I'm not justifying their logic, by the way, everyone ideally should understand other classes loot to some regard, this is something we are in agreement about.

2. Yeah, you have a point :/ It's just that this "every man for himself" mindset in a PUG is really sad.

3. That's why I hardly if ever join pugs and when I do I go in never expecting to win ****... But I would tell you if you really wanted something bad from an instance set up your own group and master loot it to urself. Best possible way of guarantee you get that peace of gear you are looking for.

4. Yeah, you have a point :/ It's just that this "every man for himself" mindset in a PUG is really sad.
    Agreed. Is BiS worth the effort of setting up a group and reserving it for yourself? Maybe that's a slight alternative?

5. But I would tell you if you really wanted something bad from an instance set up your own group and ninja it to urself.
    Fixed for you.

6. Not even blizz would moderate/ban players for being rude though. Just use your ignore button.

On a some-what related note blizzard did force me to name change "Nigglesworth"; I asked if my characters skin was white would I still need a name change :^)

7. Greetings, while playing on this server since its release I've encountered nothing but awful players. Community on this server (or atleast alliance) is worse than LoL. So my question is, why these people aren't getting banned or suspended? I mean, i play PvP or level up and its very very common occasion where some troll just comes by and starts cursing me. Why? Why do people do that? Its unexplainable. Why are server moderators allowing this kind of behaivor?
    /ignore <playername> should solve most of these situations. If someone keeps making characters to keep whispering you after you have ignored them once or twice, take a screenshot and report them. I personally have played on Lordaeron for 4~ months now and apart from some ninjalooters and annoying global chatters I haven't had many bad encounters, at least not anything you've described. (And I've been multiboxing a little too and multiboxers are most likely one of the most hated groups of players.)

Why the server mods allow this behaviour? Because it's impossible to monitor everything and I'm guessing they have their hands full already. I'm fairly sure that something that can be solved with /ignore isn't really on the top of their to-do-list.

I'm actually pretty surprised this has been your experience and I'm fairly sure you're trolling, if not, then I guess you are very unlucky. However, what is your ingame name? Is it something that might piss off a lot of people? Did you provoke those people somehow?

Edit: I play on Lordaeron Alliance

Do you... even play on this server?

Several weeks ago I joined an ICC25 group with a Combat Rogue of mine..
    Do you even play on this server? Because on this server ICC hasn't been released yet.
    Edited: April 23, 2016

8. This is a silly topic, with such a large amount of people you are surprised when you run into trolls? Is everyone in your city a nice person willing to help you out.. or run quests with you? lol.
    But yeah there are trolls everywhere, its all about finding yourself a good group of people to work with. For every troll there are 10 players that are playing for the love of the game and community, its just negative experiences are always more memorable, especially when they occur in quick succession

9. I have not really had this issue. Some Balkan players have been dicks but in general I have only met nice people.

10. People don't group for grinding quests because most of the time it's perfectly enjoyable and manageable to do on your own.
    Of the groups I've been in, almost everyone has been a very positive experience that makes me want to recommend Lordaeron to even more people.

I am sorry you've had so many bad experiences, but please be the change you want to see in the server. We're one large private server community, Nostalrius refugees and all.

11. Comes with the territory IMO. I've found free games attract certain types of players. Free games like LOL, DOTA, Priv servers ect.

Online communities that I've had to pay to be a part of have been much much more helpful. Molten, Warmane, Nost... I've met the scum of the earth there. In 20 years og gaming, private servers hold by far the worst hateful people I've had the displeasure to meet. Some have nothing to do but try and ruin your gaming time, I assume mental health issues.

Good luck OP!

12. "Toxic community", "Alliance".

Sums up the thread :D

13. "Toxic community", "Alliance".

Sums up the thread :D
    Isn't that a bit biased? People play WoW, both factions have their fair share of duchebags. If you think horde doesn't, that's awfully naive of you.

14. Do you... even play on this server?
    Excuse me, aren't you playing on other realms? (this is lordaeron subforum and you're referencing icc25..)

I've played on this realm for ~5-6 months now, leveled 3 characters and rarely I encounter outright rude people. While questing, had no problem grouping for grind quests and had many pleasant interactions with other players. Sure .. general quality of players here is lower than on 1x rate vanilla realms, but it's not terrible.

First 123 Last