1. Transfers will be done automatically. Reservations of names will last for 2 weeks prior to the actual merge.

2. I don't know if this was talked about or not, but I have a suggestion to make. Make it so only level 80 characters can be transferred (not just reserved) once the transfers are available, nothing below that. Only for a short while, the first week for example. There are and will be people that reserved and will reserve names on both realms on level 1 characters and they will try to snipe names, transfer them and then after everything is over, rename the one character to the name they stole.

3. Transfers will be done automatically. Reservations of names will last for 2 weeks prior to the actual merge.
    How will the conflict be resolved if I own characters with the same name on both servers?
    Will some of them be flagged for rename?
    If they are flagged for rename, can I just delete the ones I don't want and then finally have the names on the ones I want to keep?

4. How will the conflict be resolved if I own characters with the same name on both servers?
    Will some of them be flagged for rename?
    If they are flagged for rename, can I just delete the ones I don't want and then finally have the names on the ones I want to keep?
    It will be first come, first serve, as already stated many times. Whoever reserves or transfers first gets the name, anyone else with the same name gets a forced rename.

5. It will be first come, first serve, as already stated many times. Whoever reserves or transfers first gets the name, anyone else with the same name gets a forced rename.
    Yes, I understand that.
    What I mean is, I own all of my names on BOTH of the servers and have those names all on one account.
    I'm trying to figure out what server is being transferred first, and what I'll need to delete/(swap out) so I can have the names on specific characters.
    Like... if one of my characters shares the name with another one of my characters.. and I'd prefer to have the one flagged for rename with that name.. do I just delete the other character and then rename it?

6. And you're just going to let us reserve ONE name? What of those who have multiple names they want to reserve? It's almost as if all you staff members just want to see your "precious" community fight over names for the third time (including moltdown 1.0 and 2.0). I really hate to complain, but the only thing I'm looking forward to when it comes to anything molten related is to finally sell my characters when that feature becomes available.

7. I don't get this ONE name thingy as well.

8. And you're just going to let us reserve ONE name? What of those who have multiple names they want to reserve? It's almost as if all you staff members just want to see your "precious" community fight over names for the third time (including moltdown 1.0 and 2.0). I really hate to complain, but the only thing I'm looking forward to when it comes to anything molten related is to finally sell my characters when that feature becomes available.
    I'm mixed about this. Here's why:

Flip it around. Let's assume Warmane allows you to reserve as many names as you want for every character you desire.

The minute you login to your account, someone has already reserved their characters.

You try to reserve your character and someone has reserved it. You say OK, I'll try my second name. That's reserved as well.

So eventually, all your character names are reserved because some selfish person decided to reserve all the best names for their account. Now everyone is left with the worst names, and you will be complaining why it is not 1 reserve per person.

You see the problem is, unless it directly benefits you: you don't care whether everyone else gets their names. How would you feel if every single name you entered was reserved? How would you feel if you could enter 6 of the names you have?

By having 1 reserve per account increases the chances that you get the character name you want for your server. If everyone reserved their names, then it would be more unfair, since the players who are the quickest to login, will grab all the best names.

9. I own all of my names on BOTH of the servers and have those names all on one account.
    same here, i got proof of it in a video,
    So if anyone takes my names, my video or screenshots should be enough proof in order to get them back and force name-stealer to rename, right?

10. I'm mixed about this. Here's why:

Flip it around. Let's assume Warmane allows you to reserve as many names as you want for every character you desire.

The minute you login to your account, someone has already reserved their characters.

You try to reserve your character and someone has reserved it. You say OK, I'll try my second name. That's reserved as well.

So eventually, all your character names are reserved because some selfish person decided to reserve all the best names for their account. Now everyone is left with the worst names, and you will be complaining why it is not 1 reserve per person.

You see the problem is, unless it directly benefits you: you don't care whether everyone else gets their names. How would you feel if every single name you entered was reserved? How would you feel if you could enter 6 of the names you have?

By having 1 reserve per account increases the chances that you get the character name you want for your server. If everyone reserved their names, then it would be more unfair, since the players who are the quickest to login, will grab all the best names.
    I think he was just giving an example. You will probably be able to reserve multiple names 2 weeks prior to the release. He was just explaining how the names will be reserved : the first person who creates the character with that particular name will be the one who gets it, the other people with that char name on the other 2 servers will have to rename.

11. What xp rate gona be? same x12?
    They will remain the same, but aren't they x7 ? :D

12. What will happen to our gold and items that are stored in the bag and bank? Will we be able to keep everything?

13. Not sure if this would work, but:

Why not create 6 false accounts, and reserve the name that you want for each one, and then remove it once you've created it, and then create it on the main account.
    It is ONE Level 80 character name you own, per account for Pre name reserve. Any extra characters you have that are not level 80, will transfer, but the names are first come first serve upon transfer day.

This will not work for him, if all 6 characters are on the same account and level 80. You can not transfer your already existing level 80 characters to another account and retain all his content.

14. What will happen to our gold and items that are stored in the bag and bank? Will we be able to keep everything?

So the final answer on the Gold Cap is:

It means when the realm merge happens, names will go to whoever transfers their characters first. Naturally, this will exclude names reserved prior to the merge. Will level 1 characters be able to be created as soon as Icecrown is live? I don't know. This is about as fair as it gets on a mass scale like this. If we had 500 players on each realm, it would be significantly easier to do than what we're looking at right now. Both Deathwing and Ragnaros have hundreds of thousands of characters, each.

No gold cap. Personal banks will be transferred.

There won't be a cap. Icecrown is not going to be a Hardcore realm like Lordaeron.

First ... 311121314152363 ... Last