1. On the new server will people be able to create lvl 1 characters before transfers are done ? If yes, then that would be bad cos people will steal names.
    I know it sounds petty and childish but some of us really value the names we gives our characters so I hope people will not be able to make level characters.

2. so what about the pvp ladder? It will reset on 30 and then on 20 may again?

3. Characters level 80 and the items donated VP Golz will be deleted ?

4. I know it sounds petty and childish but some of us really value the names we gives our characters so I hope people will not be able to make level characters.
    Don't worry, you are not childish. A lot of people (me included) value the names. That's why i asked. If people will be able to make lvl 1 characters before the transfers are done, people will create characters just to steal names and we will see again in global spams with "WTS name" or people who dislike someone and steal the name just to make it inactive.

5. What if 2 names are the same? I mean there are tons of common names so for eg if 1 person from deathwing is named hello and 1 person from rag also with the name hello then what happens? Will there be some sort of decider who gets to keep his name and who has to change?

6. What happens If i have over 10 chars on both realms ?

7. 1. Will character trade open before merge?

2. Regarding names, what about names that are currently taken but will be freed at merge? For example I have John and Bob, I choose John on my 1 account and Bob is now 'free'

3. And of course what about the inactive players that have a cherished name for a year without playing.

Thanks Warmane!

8. HOW HIGH rates are we actually talking about? I mean for the Icecrown realm, I know that Deathwing is ~x7 but I dont have a clue about Rag nor the planned Icecrown realm.

PS: Sorry if anybody answered this allready.

9. HOW HIGH rates are we actually talking about? I mean for the Icecrown realm, I know that Deathwing is ~x7 but I dont have a clue about Rag nor the planned Icecrown realm.

Both are x7 !

Also merge is amazing! 3v3 Arena here we go!

10. What about the people who have level 60-70 twinks as their mains, aren't they able to reserve names too?
    any answer on this? I have a few twinks myself that have awesome names and like to reserve as well.
    Unless there's any change to the system, the only character names that can be reserved prior to the realm being available will be that of level 80 characters.
    This, and also what happens to a name that hasn't been reserved before the merge?
    They will be up for grabs on a first-come, first-serve basis.
    What do you mean by “not at this time“ ?
    Are we gonna lose our gold anyway?
    If the amount of gold on each char is gonna be limited then it wont make any difference to lose it while transfering or after that. i really dont like this rule youve made to have only a short amount of gold on each character...what if someone has 200k gold?
    please clarify your answer
    "Not at this time" means that is the answer to the question at this time. Whether or not it may be changed I don't know, and it is not up to me.
    I also would like to know about reserving names. For example I am on Deathwing and I have "xxx" name. and someone on Ragnaros has the same name. Who will take the name? playtime? achiv points? something else?
    Whichever person reserves it first.
    After both reals are merged, what would be the experience rate of leveling a new character or professions would be?
    Same as it is on Ragnaros & Deathwing.
    Didn't see any answer about gold maybe I missed it, will players get to keep all items in bags/bank gold ? GG for the great news and work.
    All personal assets should be able to be transferred (no caps, including on gold).
    so nothing happens to the gear on my characters and if so do i get a coin refund for such action and shot i screenshot my gear now?
    Your characters will be fine so long as you are around to transfer them. If you have any friends who are inactive, you may want to tell them to log on some day when the merge is ongoing so they can transfer their characters.
    So even though I manually leveled my 70 twink to 70 (obviously) and named it my real life name, I can't transfer that name. Way to go guys. Not to mention the fact that everyone who had an 80 with a cool name was more than likely an instant 80 from what they were given after moltdown.

You guys really need to think of a better idea than that to reserve character names. If you don't then I reckon I'm done. In b4 "then there's the door, leave" speech.

Thanks.
    It's either this (a single level 80 per account) or no reservations at all. The amount of data involved is rather immense. If we make the exceptions for level 70's, then 60's will want an exception. Then will 49's, 39's, 29's, 19's, 10's, and then even level 1 twinks. It's simply not feasible. People cannot reserve a name they do not own, so I would suggest you be online for the transfers when they are available, or ask a friend to assist.
    Here's an example;
    i want to reserve name on my level 19 twink what do i do its a unique name?
    As I said. Not feasible.
    What will happen to lvl 80 geared toons on Deathwing then? Should we need to reserve a names aswell? Or the names reserving is only for players from Ragnaros?
    The name reservations are available for players from both realms.
    What about Emblems and honor points for each character? Will you maintain that or will there be a reset as well just like arena points?
    Emblems will be unaffected.
    So about the names themselves;

Let's say that I generate a new name right now and as soon the transfers are able I can take that same name right?
    The only condition is being a level 80 character - The time played in that specific character doesn't matter, correct?
    There are no other pre-requisites than to be level 80. One character per account. You cannot reserve names you do not own.
    should we spent all vote points before merge, or they will be transfered too?
    Points will be unaffected.
    so what about the pvp ladder? It will reset on 30 and then on 20 may again?
    Naturally, the data for arena teams cannot be transferred. All MMR, Personal Rating, arena teams, will be reset/removed.
    Characters level 80 and the items donated VP Golz will be deleted ?
    If you're around to transfer your character, nothing personal should be lost with the exception of: auctions, mail, guilds, raid locks, anything arena related.
    What if 2 names are the same? I mean there are tons of common names so for eg if 1 person from deathwing is named hello and 1 person from rag also with the name hello then what happens? Will there be some sort of decider who gets to keep his name and who has to change?
    If Person A has X name on Deathwing and Person B has X name on Ragnaros, whichever person gets the name will be up to whoever reserves the name first.
    What happens If i have over 10 chars on both realms ?
    You will be able to transfer all characters. For people who have over 10 characters on one account for both realms, then there will be a system on the website that will allow you to swap characters in and out of your character list in-game. A system of "active" and "inactive" characters.
    1. Will character trade open before merge?

2. Regarding names, what about names that are currently taken but will be freed at merge? For example I have John and Bob, I choose John on my 1 account and Bob is now 'free'

3. And of course what about the inactive players that have a cherished name for a year without playing.

Thanks Warmane!
    1. Don't know.
    2. If a name is not reserved prior to the merge, the merge will then be up for grabs on Icecrown for whoever transfers whatever character first. This may also include character creation (level 1's), but I'm uncertain about this specific point and will need confirmation/denial.
    3. If they aren't active to claim it or reserve it beforehand, then they may lose it.
    HOW HIGH rates are we actually talking about? I mean for the Icecrown realm, I know that Deathwing is ~x7 but I dont have a clue about Rag nor the planned Icecrown realm.

Same as Deathwing & Ragnaros.

11. The twink issue could be handled with a /played and/or achievement points check. It would require a fair bit of extra coding tho.

Other than that, what will happen to names that haven`t been claimed? ie, assume name X hasn`t been reserved by anyone, not from DW and not from Rag. What will happen to it?

12. Why not take the names directly those who have more playtime with that name??

13. Other than that, what will happen to names that haven`t been claimed? ie, assume name X hasn`t been reserved by anyone, not from DW and not from Rag. What will happen to it?
    At the time that the merge takes place, I'd expect that it would be up for grabs on a first-come, first-serve basis. I know this will be the case for character transfers. I do not know if the creation of level 1 characters on Icecrown will be permitted before the transfer process is complete.
    Why not take the names directly those who have more playtime with that name??
    What if the person with more played time has quit the game, so the only person that would actually use the name has less played time? Things like this is why.

14. Selaya : Other than that, what will happen to names that haven`t been claimed? ie, assume name X hasn`t been reserved by anyone, not from DW and not from Rag. What will happen to it?
    2. If a name is not reserved prior to the merge, the merge will then be up for grabs on Icecrown for whoever transfers whatever character first. This may also include character creation (level 1's), but I'm uncertain about this specific point and will need confirmation/denial.

15. So emblems won't be reset, what about honor points and arena points?

First ... 78910111959 ... Last