1. May 12, 2016  
    So I don't know if anyone asked this already but I'm going to ask anyway. What about Addons settings? Will they reset when I'll transfer to the new realm? Also is there a way not to lose Addons settings? Like copying something from WTF folder or whatever. I have many Addons and I really can't afford them to reset their settings. I'd want someone to explain me what Folder/Files I have to copy to keep my Addons settings on the new realm too. Thanks.

2. May 12, 2016  
    So I don't know if anyone asked this already but I'm going to ask anyway. What about Addons settings? Will they reset when I'll transfer to the new realm? Also is there a way not to lose Addons settings? Like copying something from WTF folder or whatever. I have many Addons and I really can't afford them to reset their settings. I'd want someone to explain me what Folder/Files I have to copy to keep my Addons settings on the new realm too. Thanks.
    I think that you can simply change the realm name in your WTF folder > World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\your-account-name to keep all the addon settings.

3. May 13, 2016  
    I think that you can simply change the realm name in your WTF folder > World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\your-account-name to keep all the addon settings.
    This works for most addons, some actually use the realm name in the settings and you'll have to reconfigure those or use profiles.

4. May 13, 2016  
    Bull**** make atleast reservation name for 60-80,i wanna have my name on new realm to many barbarians will try to take my claim i mean name seriously... twinks are important

5. May 13, 2016  
    does proffesions and its levels stay or i have to re level? ty for ans

6. May 13, 2016  
    does proffesions and its levels stay or i have to re level? ty for ans
    They remain

7. May 13, 2016  
    Same logic applies. Use your common sense.
    The first toon to be moved gets the name. The last one being moved and if the name exists gets a name change. Is it that hard to use what was made inside your head?
    Is it that hard to understand that I don't know which one gets moved first? Do you? Is it first one that was created, random? Is it that hard to use what was made inside your head?

What if I don't want that, what if I want my other character to keep its name?
    Exactly why I'm proposing a week long free rename.

8. May 13, 2016  
    I checked official post and first 7 pages of this thread and still don't know how to reserve a name. Can someone explain? I only play like 2 weeks here, perhaps I'm missing something well known.

9. May 13, 2016  
    I checked official post and first 7 pages of this thread and still don't know how to reserve a name. Can someone explain? I only play like 2 weeks here, perhaps I'm missing something well known.
    Just click on 'My account' and select MERGE.

10. May 13, 2016  
    By the way I'm still confused about name saving on the new realm. So I've just reserved my name, all went fine. Anyway we can save 1 name only only and the character has to be level 80. We can also save only 1 name that we own, so I can't save a name that I don't have on Deathwing or Ragnaros. But here is my doubt: can we actually create new characters and take a new name (that had not been reserved before) ? For example, there are some people who took a name 1 year ago and actually never logged in or they just quit playing, and of course they won't save their names now, so can we create new characters on the new realm with a name that is taken now but nobody reserved it or we won't be able to create new characters for a short period of time after the merge? I'm confused about this.

11. May 13, 2016  
    By the way I'm still confused about name saving on the new realm. So I've just reserved my name, all went fine. Anyway we can save 1 name only only and the character has to be level 80. We can also save only 1 name that we own, so I can't save a name that I don't have on Deathwing or Ragnaros. But here is my doubt: can we actually create new characters and take a new name (that had not been reserved before) ? For example, there are some people who took a name 1 year ago and actually never logged in or they just quit playing, and of course they won't save their names now, so can we create new characters on the new realm with a name that is taken now but nobody reserved it or we won't be able to create new characters for a short period of time after the merge? I'm confused about this.
    The answer is shortly yes, after the creation of characters is enabled. Only characters from accounts that have logged in the past 3 months will be transferred automatically. Everyone else who hasn't logged in the 3 months will have their character data archived and stored forever and they can transfer via the website.

12. May 13, 2016  
    The answer is shortly yes, after the creation of characters is enabled. Only characters from accounts that have logged in the past 3 months will be transferred automatically. Everyone else who hasn't logged in the 3 months will have their character data archived and stored forever and they can transfer via the website.
    This answer to half of my question.

What in this scenario: I have character with the same name on both realms.

Which one gets to keep it? First one made? Random? What if I want the second one to keep the name and rename first one? How exactly does it work in this case?

13. May 13, 2016  
    The answer is shortly yes, after the creation of characters is enabled.[/B]
    Wait does this mean that we can't create new characters right after the merge? This means that we'll have to wait a bit before we can create new character? I'm asking because you said "After the creation of characters is enabled" so yeah didn't get if we have to wait a short period of time before creating new characters.

14. May 13, 2016  
    This answer to half of my question.

What in this scenario: I have character with the same name on both realms.

Which one gets to keep it? First one made? Random? What if I want the second one to keep the name and rename first one? How exactly does it work in this case?
    Alright got the answer for this question, part being me misunderstanding how this transfer would work.

If you have same name on both realms, both get flagged for rename.
    Now im not sure if ALL other characters that are not reserved get flagged as well. Probably.

15. May 14, 2016  
    Alright got the answer for this question, part being me misunderstanding how this transfer would work.

If you have same name on both realms, both get flagged for rename.
    All accounts that have logged in the past 3 months will be automatically transferred to the new realm. The list of characters in cold storage does not matter as you can switch it around it immediately. You have the control over the cold storage as you put it.

Other accounts who are late to the party will be able to transfer via the website interface easily to the new realm, no data will be deleted in any way.

Character creation on Icecrown will be disabled for a brief period of time to allow for some late transfers to go in and enable people to have their names properly go there.
    All correct. Other characters that are not reserved and don't have any name conflicts won't be flagged.

First ... 26343536373846 ... Last