1. Yeah I just saw that reply after I already submitted my post.

2. Why not take the names directly those who have more playtime with that name??
    What if the person with more played time has quit the game, so the only person that would actually use the name has less played time? Things like this is why.
    Well in that case if player that has quit the game doesn't transfer his character in one week per example, he loses his name.

But if u want, i can elaborate an "advanced" idea...

Time ago, AT make a Re-Name to all inactive players (characters). Why not do the same here on Ragnaros and Deathwing? Make rename on all characters that not logged on x period of time (3 months? 6 months?), then block coin/vp renames on that realms. Then, on 20th may, transfer all characters following the playtime-name rule.

Win-Win for all active players with all his characters including twinks.

3. I have a question, for example if a person is inactive and tries to enter the new realm in 3 months, will his/her character be lost or just the name (or if no one took the name, nothing would be lost and he/she would be able to enter the new realm with all items and everything same as if was before the merge)?

And just a suggestion, maybe you should send a server message in-game every few minutes (simillar to the message about WEBS that's displayed every few minutes) about the merge since not everyone reads the forums and all this.

4. So emblems won't be reset, what about honor points and arena points?
    They will be reset when the season ends (on the 27th), assuming they weren't already reset on the 20th. These things won't be reset again for the merge.
    Well in that case if player that has quit the game doesn't transfer his character in one week per example, he loses his name.

But if u want, i can elaborate an "advanced" idea...

Time ago, AT make a Re-Name to all inactive players (characters). Why not do the same here on Ragnaros and Deathwing? Make rename on all characters that not logged on x period of time (3 months? 6 months?), then block coin/vp renames on that realms. Then, on 20th may, transfer all characters following the playtime-name rule.

Win-Win for all active players with all his characters including twinks.
    There may be inactive players waiting for the merge before they return. There's lots of variables involved. The one I mentioned was just an example.
    I have a question, for example if a person is inactive and tries to enter the new realm in 3 months, will his/her character be lost or just the name (or if no one took the name, nothing would be lost and he/she would be able to enter the new realm with all items and everything same as if was before the merge)?

And just a suggestion, maybe you should send a server message in-game every few minutes (simillar to the message about WEBS that's displayed every few minutes) about the merge since not everyone reads the forums and all this.
    If they didn't reserve the name, it would be available for other players. But if nobody else has taken it, then they are free and able to take it. All items and currencies, to my knowledge, will be retained.

I imagine once the reservation system is in place, an in-game message will be added. That's a good suggestion. If one isn't added, I'll pester someone to get it added.

5. They will be reset when the season ends (on the 27th), assuming they weren't already reset on the 20th. These things won't be reset again for the merge.

There may be inactive players waiting for the merge before they return. There's lots of variables involved. The one I mentioned was just an example.

If they didn't reserve the name, it would be available for other players. But if nobody else has taken it, then they are free and able to take it. All items and currencies, to my knowledge, will be retained.

I imagine once the reservation system is in place, an in-game message will be added. That's a good suggestion. If one isn't added, I'll pester someone to get it added.
    "If they didn't reserve the name, it would be available for other players." ... and how exactly is this supposed to be fair ? I have 7 characters on my account and according to the first page, only one name from a lvl 80 character can be saved. And i assume that's per account. You tell me now that i may lose 6 names ? How exactly is this fair ?

6. Greetings Warmane community,

We are excited to announce the long-awaited merge of Deathwing and Ragnaros into one a new realm named Icecrown. The merge is set to take place on May 20, 2016 when both aforementioned realms will be taken offline to initiate the merge maintenance.

Regards
    Warmane
    Not sure if this question has been answered:

Is there a gold cap to transfer to Icecrown?

I assume all items from our character banks will be transferred over.

7. They will be reset when the season ends (on the 27th), assuming they weren't already reset on the 20th. These things won't be reset again for the merge.
    Lame, why would you want to reset them? If they were resetting every season it would make sense to reset them, but they are not. (talking about wotlk realms)

8. "If they didn't reserve the name, it would be available for other players." ... and how exactly is this supposed to be fair ? I have 7 characters on my account and according to the first page, only one name from a lvl 80 character can be saved. And i assume that's per account. You tell me now that i may lose 6 names ? How exactly is this fair ?
    Not sure if this would work, but:

Why not create 6 false accounts, and reserve the name that you want for each one, and then remove it once you've created it, and then create it on the main account.

9. "If they didn't reserve the name, it would be available for other players." ... and how exactly is this supposed to be fair ? I have 7 characters on my account and according to the first page, only one name from a lvl 80 character can be saved. And i assume that's per account. You tell me now that i may lose 6 names ? How exactly is this fair ?
    How do I go about reserving a name for my character(s) on my account?

10. "If they didn't reserve the name, it would be available for other players." ... and how exactly is this supposed to be fair ? I have 7 characters on my account and according to the first page, only one name from a lvl 80 character can be saved. And i assume that's per account. You tell me now that i may lose 6 names ? How exactly is this fair ?
    First-come, first-serve is perfectly fair. We are allowing the reservation of ONE level 80 per account. If that doesn't accomodate you well enough, then I don't know what to tell you.
    Lame, why would you want to reset them? If they were resetting every season it would make sense to reset them, but they are not. (talking about wotlk realms)
    They are reset every season. I'm thinking you misunderstood what I said. What exactly are you talking about anyway? Your post is vague.
    How do I go about reserving a name for my character(s) on my account?
    It's not available yet. It will be available closer to the merge.

11. Wait , so do i understand correctly if im lvl 50 in deathwing , i iwll be lvl 50 in lord?

12. They are reset every season. I'm thinking you misunderstood what I said. What exactly are you talking about anyway? Your post is vague.
    My arena points haven't been reset for a year now, how are they resetting every season? Did arenas only the first month after the moltdown, haven't played a single BG/Arena and my arena points remain the same since February 2015. (if it has anything to do with them)

13. First-come, first-serve is perfectly fair. We are allowing the reservation of ONE level 80 per account. If that doesn't accomodate you well enough, then I don't know what to tell you.

They are reset every season. I'm thinking you misunderstood what I said. What exactly are you talking about anyway? Your post is vague.

It's not available yet. It will be available closer to the merge.
    What do you mean by first come first served ? For now i have 6 characters on one account. I save one and lose 6 names. How exactly is this fair ? Out of those 6 names, 4 from ragnaros have been inactive for months. They recently started to play. Maybe they got a huge ban. Don't know, don't care. Are you telling me i will lose my names to them ? Or even worse, i can lose my names to ANYONE who will created a lvl 1 character on the new server ? This is your idea of fair ?

What does this "First-come, first-serve" mean ? First to transfer ? First to reserve ? First to create a lvl 1 character ? What happens if for example i have 3 names on both deathwing and ragnaros. Do i get to reserve one of them and then when i transfer, i can transfer the character i want and i keep all 3 names ? Someone else can reserve the names i have ?

And the most important question nobody answered so far : will people be able to create lvl 1 characters before the transfers are done ?

14. It means when the realm merge happens, names will go to whoever transfers their characters first. Naturally, this will exclude names reserved prior to the merge. Will level 1 characters be able to be created as soon as Icecrown is live? I don't know. This is about as fair as it gets on a mass scale like this. If we had 500 players on each realm, it would be significantly easier to do than what we're looking at right now. Both Deathwing and Ragnaros have hundreds of thousands of characters, each.
    Not sure if this question has been answered:

Is there a gold cap to transfer to Icecrown?

I assume all items from our character banks will be transferred over.
    No gold cap. Personal banks will be transferred.

15. If everyone keeps world first achievs, does that mean that they will not be achievable again after Icecrown is out?

First ... 891011122060 ... Last