1. Crippling GAME BREAKING phasing issues at Argent Vanguard.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=13086/t...ine-of-defense

What's supposed to happen is that when the quest is accepted, the area phases such that gun turrets are revealed and Argent Vanguard comes under attack by Scourge mobs. The player then boards a gun turret and kills mobs until the quest is complete. Pretty straightforward.

Here's the problem:

The gun turrets are already revealed before the quest is taken. They're just sitting there as if they're supposed to always be there. When the quest is accepted, nothing changes. The gun turrets remain revealed, but no mobs attack. You just sit there with nothing to shoot.

In order to try and fix this, I flew out of the area and then returned, hoping the phasing would reset.

Well as soon as I started to leave the area, suddenly the attacking mobs phased into existence. However, this also caused the gun turrets to phase out of existence. So now I had mobs, but nothing to shoot them with.

I tried a few things at this point. I dropped and re-accepted the quest a few times, logged in and out a few times, crossed zone lines, etcetera.

The entire phasing area (and thus the Argent Crusade quartermaster) is now irreparably bugged.

There are frequently mobs in phase while the quest isn't active, and the normal NPCs aren't in phase, meaning the quartermaster in inaccessible. At no point do the attacking mobs and the gun turrets exist at the same time. There are also massive issues involved where just entering the area causes my character to become physically stuck and unable to move until I shut down and re-enter the game. On top of that, this dead end means it's impossible to do the questline to bring the Crusader's Pinnacle quest hub into existence.

2. Destroyed all 3 frostbrood destroyers and 100 scourge attackers on foot. Quest complete, phasing issue resolved. Took less time than you would think, since I was fighting alongside friendly elite NPCs, and was hectic and kind of fun actually.

Nevertheless, this isn't the kind of workaround most people will be okay with.