1. Besides the pricing issue, I'm kinda worried about people being able to buy a character "as is".

Things like PvE achievements, arena rating, (some)Titles etc. are used to gauge the experience of the player by others. I can't know if a player bought the character with achievements or he himself(or herself) earned it. The credibility of achievement and rating systems would be voided. It'd be much harder to screen potential raid members or arena partners. Sure if the player didn't actually earn it, his/her rating would drop down or get kicked from raid sooner or later. But I wouldn't want to risk what I have earned to figure out if somebody is real or fraud.

2. Besides the pricing issue, I'm kinda worried about people being able to buy a character "as is".

Things like PvE achievements, arena rating, (some)Titles etc. are used to gauge the experience of the player by others. I can't know if a player bought the character with achievements or he himself(or herself) earned it. The credibility of achievement and rating systems would be voided. It'd be much harder to screen potential raid members or arena partners. Sure if the player didn't actually earn it, his/her rating would drop down or get kicked from raid sooner or later. But I wouldn't want to risk what I have earned to figure out if somebody is real or fraud.
    But this is already the case. People were selling before... Especially on blackrock/AT people were selling a LOT back in the days. But even on Deathwing/Ragnaros selling chars was "normal" - Now it would be just more frequent really. Easy solution though. Duel them for pvp skills or ask them encounter questions for pve knowledge.

3. But this is already the case. People were selling before... Especially on blackrock/AT people were selling a LOT back in the days. But even on Deathwing/Ragnaros selling chars was "normal" - Now it would be just more frequent really. Easy solution though. Duel them for pvp skills or ask them encounter questions for pve knowledge.
    True that.

4. please tell us why other players will buy out geared toons for 700+ coins ? if they really got 700 coins they can bix 2 toons with 2 spec
    i think toon sale coin sale charges should not be applied coz why warmane will need coins ? just saying that if it cost in gold that can be given to other
    guy who buy ... i can understand but coin fee that goes to warmane xD why would be warmane need coin :P
    also i think toon Coin Rate chould Calculate by their HC- items based coin price in marketplace like if the seller got full icc25 normal bis items and weapon
    glorenz hc 25 sword then cost should be around rest normal items coins+HC item coin that means actual coin cost of marketprice of that item or less due to player earned them not purchased and for achivements and Title they got by % of their achivement point max cost of BIS toon for sale should be 350 to 400
    more than this would be useless because if the buyer got this amount he can make his own BIS toon who would he buy from other guy ? just for achivement ? while he can get all those achivement in 1 or 2 day as a bis toon can get invited in any high end guild for raids please do think about this
    i am happy that my warrior and paladin cost 890 and 754 by current system of yours but m sure no 1 gona buy that coz they can make their own toon Bis with this amount

5. But this is already the case. People were selling before... Especially on blackrock/AT people were selling a LOT back in the days. But even on Deathwing/Ragnaros selling chars was "normal" - Now it would be just more frequent really. Easy solution though. Duel them for pvp skills or ask them encounter questions for pve knowledge.
    Account trading is bannable if I remember right. People doing shady stuff is one thing, but getting support (or rather opportunity) from server itself is a whole another animal. If Warmane allowed premium members to use flyhack for XX coins, would you not object even though people did it while it was bannable? This is like that, only less dramatic and not as extreme.

And yes you do have a point that dueling or asking encounter questions would filter out the (let's call them) frauds but when trying to find someone from global, how many people are you gonna do that with?

Any new system/feature inevitably requires fine tuning, so it's too early to put blame on anybody. But the issue needs to be dealt with, I just hope they do or if I'm wrong, somebody points it out.

6. Any new system/feature inevitably requires fine tuning, so it's too early to put blame on anybody. But the issue needs to be dealt with, I just hope they do or if I'm wrong, somebody points it out.
    Sure thing, no one blamed anyone (yet :P ) Time will tell..

7. Here's my POV. I think Warmane is testing this system if there will be any bugs or glitches and also they are observing the feedback of the community.
    I really do hope that they will listen to the community/players.

Here are my suggestions:
    1.) I REALLY DO HOPE Warmane will listen to the community and let them decide the prices for their characters.
    2.) Remove the service fee and fuse it with the successful trade fee as one, its too much putting two fees (the idea is just insane).
    3.) Let the non-donors have also this privilege it will also help the coin circulation (non-donors can't gift coins so they will spend the coins ingame).
    4.) Allow also gold usage for purchasing characters (like fresh 80 toons with no gears).
    When I see these brilliant posts I wonder why are you playing WoW on a private server, you should be in Wall Street lmao. They will not and they cant do that cause that would destroy their coin system and marketplace.

8. For a full bis char u need 15-17 items on avarage. That is 345-391 coins. After that u need to gem it, enchant it, get profesions... So u cant say the value of something is based on items only.
    Only thing that is overpriced is the fact that this sistem counts all of the items in ur bags and bank in the minimum cost, and the 15% fee aswell.
    You should remove the counting of bag and bank gear, and let people decide on their own if they value those items or not, and put the minimum price only to be based on the gear that character is wearing. So if someone thinks he got more to offer, some offspec, pvp gear, mounts, companions, achivements, whatever, he should put it for more coins than the minimum price.
    Something like: if gear on that character is valued to be 345 coins, based on the marketplace, minimum price should be 300coins (for example). And after that, by addin in description u can say u have full pvp wrat set on that char aswell and increase its cost, or just say that so ppl will prio ur char over another one with same price but without that pvp gear. And also maybe reduce the fee to 10% cos 15% is just high if u ask me.
    Also u should put a report page in case some ppl lie about what they got so they can eather get suspended or their coins taken away from them. Some kind of punishment...
    If i want to sell a character il rather say i have some extra gear on it im not charging someone for and sell it faster that for minimum price to be increased cos i have a 200 ilvl item in the bag that noone cares to use...

Out of 100 posts on this tread 95 of them are QQing about random stuff and talking about how this is bad. And after that u wonder how staff wont listen to comunity when the 80% of comunity QQ all the time on forums.
    Its not bad, the char trade thingy, it gives a unique oportunity for those that dont want to play their chars anymore and sell them, and maybe try something new, or get some fun stuff from the market. Or to let those that want to buy fully geared chars with some achivements and all kind of stuff they dont want to work and waste time, for a bit less coins than u would with donating for those items themselves.
    Ofcourse there will be ppl trying to abuse things and this sistem itself, ofc there will be ppl that bought chars with LoD or 2.5k raiting in arena but that do not know anything about the game itself, that was also the deal on retail back in the days but ppl didnt complain about it. U can spot a nub miles away if u know how to play this game and just replace him or ignore him for good.
    Stop complaining, start using ur heads for thinking and maybe helping them make this sistem work better for everyone.

9. If i want to sell a character il rather say i have some extra gear on it im not charging someone for and sell it faster that for minimum price to be increased cos i have a 200 ilvl item in the bag that noone cares to use...
    But you see that is the problem, the items in your bags, the enchants, the gems the foods that transmog gear (if your on Cata or MoP), or the extra gear you have, the gold your character carries, those mounts and pets collected etc etc... those things all have their cost, they cant ignore that when they calculate the price.

But players selling their characters can do something about it, you can delete or sell items from bags, transfer gold to another character, that will bring down your character price, you cant get rid of mounts and pets but that only makes your character more desirable. Didn't check if they implemented it, but list of mounts and pets would be a great idea.

When you are buying items from marketplace you don't get those items enchanted and gemed, when you buy lvl 80, 85 or 90, you get 0 achievements 0 mounts etc... here you are not just buying a blank character.

10. But you see that is the problem, the items in your bags, the enchants, the gems the foods that transmog gear (if your on Cata or MoP), or the extra gear you have, the gold your character carries, those mounts and pets collected etc etc... those things all have their cost, they cant ignore that when they calculate the price.

But players selling their characters can do something about it, you can delete or sell items from bags, transfer gold to another character, that will bring down your character price, you cant get rid of mounts and pets but that only makes your character more desirable. Didn't check if they implemented it, but list of mounts and pets would be a great idea.

When you are buying items from marketplace you don't get those items enchanted and gemed, when you buy lvl 80, 85 or 90, you get 0 achievements 0 mounts etc... here you are not just buying a blank character.
    No hard feelings but this is stupid... Why would i buy a char if i can get its full value by getting stuff from marketplace for the same amount. When u go to a 2nd hand store to u buy it for 100% of its price or less? I get that they cant **** up their marketplace and that everyone will just go and buy **** from the character trade and never use marketplace again but u cant tell me that if i donated a bis char that i wana sell now and in the time i played i got some random items from ICC that those should be in the character MINIMUM price... Thats why its called MINIMUM. If u want to give some items for free, do so, its ur char its ur items. The only posible way for this to work, if u ask me, is to make the MINIMUM price be based on the gear that character is wearing and let ppl decide if they want to sell it for more or not, based on the other gear they can offer. I personaly would never give a Best in Slot PVE and PVP char for minimum amount of gear its wearing, but i wouldnt value my pvp gear 100% and maybe put it there for 50% of its value.

11. Just think of this as buying a car. U wont buy it as if it was new, untainted, ul pay less money even if its in a perfect shape. Only thing u might pay more than its used price is some extra stuff previous owner implemented that u like.
    If the prices are same, marketplace and character trade, based on gear itself, i would personaly donate for my own char and get profesions and achivements myself, cos that is only thing what u have left after u get best in slot gear. And on top of that, gemming and enchanting, profesions, are all about personal interest, someone might gem armor penetration in fdk someone might gem strength, someone might go for BS+JC someone might go for Engi+Tailoring. So in the end u might even have to lose that profesion to go for one u wana play with more. Im not saying u shouldnt value this stuff on characters but u are overvalueing it.

12. If u want to give some items for free, do so, its ur char its ur items.
    It's not you're property, its their virtual property, they borrowed you the gear that can use, cause you are a good person and you made a donation, they never sold you anything.

You are just greedy and you want to sell those chars so you can make more coins, I understand that its basic human instinct, gathering.
    They made a really nice opportunity for all of us, I told you in my previous post how to lower your character price, don't be greedy.

P.S. please don't make that wall of text its a pin to read.

13. From my point of view, the point was allowing people who want to let go of old, geared characters they aren't interested in anymore to meet people who want a "full package" character, but without "cost-effectiveness" meaning throwing Marketplace costs down the drain. As I said just a post ago, this isn't and was never intended to be a way to avoid the Marketplace costs and get stuff much cheaper.
    "let go of old, geared characters they aren't interested in anymore" and "without "cost-effectiveness"" doesnt go well together. If you really want people to get rid of their old characters, the only way is to lower price floor significantly. If players can not decide the minimal price, I just can not see how this Character Trade system will ever work, to achieve this kind of goal.
    I know that making price floor low, can affect your gains from Marketplace but in a long run look at how it may turn out - at first, some people may gain coins by just selling a self geared character (I assume you do not want that), but as time goes, many will start to raise the prices because character will sell well, there will be demand and limited supply because you can not simply just gear/enchant up/get achievements etc. in short time.

14. So what happens if no one buys the toon you put on for sale? It just comes back to your account?

15. are we unable to sell a char (yes it's 80, yes its near bis, yes it has playtime and achieves etc etc it's not just a spotholder) with a currently uncreateable name? The name does not exist on Deathwing and is extremely rare...yet the Trade will not let a sale be created and the only reason I can figure is because you can't make that name now. Is this the case?

First ... 91011121321 ... Last