1. Internet markerplaces and gold sellers are selling geared lordaeron characters for 70-100e. This is just plain stupid pricing what you have here :D

2. I have like 10 empty dead characters I would sell. But 25? I dont know how much level 80 from the server costs, but its prolly same or less, so why should they buy these?

3. One other important issue I realised:

2) The possibility of hacking is now more of an issue than ever. Accounts are hacked all the time, regardless of whether it is the fault of the person, or the administrator. If someone accesses your account, it is now possible to sell all their characters for coins and gift it to an account - or, they can sell their characters, and you can buy their characters from your character - even if that person didn't decide to.

N.B. Do not use the: "If they are sent to another account, we will know that the person from that account hacked them, shut them down, and close that account. " That is not a secure method. What if it is sent to a random player who is innocent - if this method was in place, an innocent person would be accountable for something they hadn't done, and would be punished.

4. The main problems I see with this so far are:

1. Minimum prices are far too high (you'd have to be insane to even consider buying my warrior for 820 coins).

2. Valuation on an item-only basis is okay but should only be considering the price of fundamentally useful items (e.g. Wrathful, T10/10.5, mounts). I've seen someone's 5.5k gear score PvP Ret valued at 839 coins.

I think the suggested price is fine for an objective look at the cumulative value of each item on the character but I don't understand how anyone could possibly want to buy or sell any well geared character for over 250 coins.

It's also discomforting to see that no weight is put into what titles (Light of Dawn, Gladiator, etc) and achievements a person has. I understand why this is done (no value to it if you have not earned it yourself) but time is money.

I understand this is new and changes will eventually be made. I personally think this will not stop account trading in any meaningful way given the price of characters.

5. One other important issue I realised:

2) The possibility of hacking is now more of an issue than ever. Accounts are hacked all the time, regardless of whether it is the fault of the person, or the administrator. If someone accesses your account, it is now possible to sell all their characters for coins and gift it to an account - or, they can sell their characters, and you can buy their characters from your character - even if that person didn't decide to.

N.B. Do not use the: "If they are sent to another account, we will know that the person from that account hacked them, shut them down, and close that account. " That is not a secure method. What if it is sent to a random player who is innocent - if this method was in place, an innocent person would be accountable for something they hadn't done, and would be punished.
    Maybe people should start using good passwords, not sharing their accounts, not accessing "www.freewarmanecoins.trust.me/itsreal" and using 2-step authentication then.

6. The only thing you need to do, is let the ppl put the minium price, thats all.

7. Warmane Character Trading Service Proposition

Due to excessively high coin values for characters being traded under the current system in place, I do not believe it will
    be successful. The problem as I see it is not the minimum amount they are sold for, as I believe it is fair, but
    the means for players to have the funds in this case coins to start trading. It is very unlikely people will donate
    thousands of euro to get enough coins to buy a 1000+ coin character. So I have come up with a solution which would
    still be in the Servers best interest and allow players a chance to take advantage of this service.

Proposition:

For Character Trading, create a new web currency, Such as "Character Trading Tokens".

What are Character Trading Tokens, or CTT's for short? - CTT's are tokens you can buy with coins or with gold from website.

How much will CTT's cost? - They will be sold via website at 10 coins per CTT or 50k gold (gold price is subject to modification depending on server economy and current gold to coin trading trends).

Will there be a limit to the amount of CTT's I can buy? - No there will be no limit subject to change dependent on staff.

After I sell my character what can I do with the CTT's, if I do not want to use them to trade for another character? - Ctt's can be exchanged on the website for 8 coins per CTT or 40k gold (gold price is subject to modification depending on server economy and current
    gold to coin trading trends *must always be 20% lower than CTT purchase price*).

I believe with the above system and currency described Character trading will be more successful.
    The system will take advantage of the current Gold to Coin trading system in place.
    The system will without doubt bring about more donations and create a more viable and likely scenario for server to generate funds, than the current system in place which is unappealing to buyers and prohibits potential donations.

Would appreciate all feedback

Thanks,
    Epictwo - Ragnaros

8. Maybe people should start using good passwords, not sharing their accounts, not accessing "www.freewarmanecoins.trust.me/itsreal" and using 2-step authentication then.
    +100000

Your account is your responsibility and sharing it with someone opens you up to a world of vulnerability

9. Hello dear mods, may i have response for my question please? Thanks
    When is character trading coming to Cata and MoP?

10. Clearly it's not fully naked. Because if it were, it wouldn't cost 170 coins. It has to have something in the bags of value. My 4k gs Warlock is valued at 132 coins.
    It actually is, but must be due to it being a bank alt.

So Edifice can you tell us how a character's bags/bank items,gear,played time, achievements and professions are taken in consideration and currently they are valued by the system I hope you'll change that.
    Like for example my Hunter has the most achievement points, gear and played time, but my Druid still cost 60% more than my Hunter it must be due to him having a lengendary weapon, but still 60% more for a single item?

11. So I could get 400,000 tokens with the gold I accumulated? Reasonable. Impelment!

12. I'd love to sell my one and only toon lol
    Might as well try a class I haven't played. The prices really need fixing tho, will wait for atleast a month and see where the changes go.

13. A character that is "full bis", 277+ ilvl, and has absolutely nothing else in its bags/bank, will have a minimum value in the system of 350 coins -- despite the actual coin value of the items on the character being valued at 390 as per the marketplace.

Selling a character like that for 200 coins, for example, is not only a massive undercut of the people who want to try and get their characters sold -at value-, but it also undercuts our own marketplace by a huge margin. Which is unacceptable.
    If u ask me, you should make the minimum price something like this:
    Make the system counts only gear u are wearing, so the max minimum price will be arround 350 coins if character is full bis 277 ilvl.
    After that ppl should be able to increase the cost as much as they want, with the description:
    This character also has: some of the achis player think are valuable (realm first, titels...), offspec gear, pvp gear, mounts, companions, anything...

Also i think fee is just too much, u should leave it at 10% (instead of curent 15%).
    400 coins worth char - 60 coins fee = 340 coins gained. Thats just not fair...

14. So I could get 400,000 tokens with the gold I accumulated? Reasonable. Impelment!
    Well current gold to coin trading exchange is about 5k per coin, so if you could buy 400.000 tokens as you stated with the gold you have accumulated, that would mean you have 20,000,000,000.00 Gold (20 Billion gold) with that much you could buy 7 million coins using trading. So your ironic "reasonable" comment has no worth whatsoever, being you sound like a complete ***** to even make such a claim.

15. the prices should be made up by the market not the staff in my opinion

First ... 2345614 ... Last