1. Help! I Suck!

This is my first time playing wow. I play frost dk (lvl 73). But man do I Suck. I kept getting killed by horde players all time. I have never won a single pvp match. I don't go out of my way to fight other players but I would like to at least hold my own in case I get attacked. So anyone please help. Also please suggest a guild where the members are sociable and love humor. I don't really care much for raids, dungeons, arenas etc.... (Come to think of it, I Suck at PVE too)

2. pvp isnt balanced for low level + at level 73 there are many people that have 'best in slot gear'. Tip at your level: play blood and get death siphon talent, it's much better and change to frost at a higher level. To become better at the game: read abilities you and other classes have and check out guides. Also keybind your spells to buttons like q,e,f,shift-1,shift 2 etc...

3. Fitst of all dont panic, keep playng with the dk have patience and you will get better, watch some tutorials on youtbe, get pvp gear when u reach lvl 90, and if u encounter enemy players on your lvling proces avoid confruntation if u tink the oponent is stronger ! (I am horde by the way ) hope it helps

4. It's easy to kill someone from opposing faction during leveling especially if target is lower level. Other than that, some classes inherently have better ganking capabilities. No need to take it personally. :)
    Level up during off-peak hours for a more peaceful experience. Once you get to level 90, you can get some gear and hunt anybody who really pissed you off if you want. There are some leveling guilds but whether people would come to help you if you're getting killed, really depends. Tbh, unless somebody repeatedly kills you 10-15 times or is adamant at slowing down your leveling, it may not be worth your time to ask for help. There will be other quests to do or take a 5 min. break and they'll be gone. So focus on leveling fast, is my advice. You can worry about PvP at level 90. Good luck! :)

PS : Since this is your first time at WoW, take a look at forums of all expansions and make sure you're playing where you want. Rates, population, activity, PvE/PvP, contents, bugs etc... all these depend on the realm and expansion you're playing.
    Edited: April 25, 2016

5. I don,t mind being attacked. It's what should happen. We're opposing faction after all. I just want to be able to hold my own when attacked.

6. I don't understand keybind. I have my action bar set something like 1-auto attack, 2- obliterate, 3-howling blast, 4- blood tap. I usually just hit those keys in that order all the time. can you please suggest the best way to arrange the spells so i could just hit like 12345 etc... in those order?

7. you suck in PvP and PvE? haha man thats not a problem when you came hunt achivs

8. 1. Dont worry, it takes a loooong time to learn about PVP. The people you are fighting have most likely years of WOW experience, so they know their all abilities and yours as well.
    2.All abilities are not same. Some are defensive abilities and some are offensive abilities. I remember I used to press antimagic shell hoping it will do some damage when I was very new. Learn which ability to press when you are taking heavy damage and which when u want to do damage.
    3.Every class has a rotation, which is to optimize the use of class's resources. Google something like 5.4.8 frost dk rotation and u'll get the best rotation.
    4.Advanced level: you will learn about mouse turning and keybinding. Mouse turning means you turn your character using mouse rather than turning with direction keys, so you can turn any direction intantly. keybinding means binding your keyboard keys with diff abilities, which helps in quick reaction. Like I bind my Q,E,W,R,T,,A,S,D,F,Z,X,C,V and shift modifies to diff abilities.
    5.Read about your class on google. Google something like Frost dk 5.4.8 pvp guild. They will tell you everything you need to know about your class.
    Edited: April 26, 2016

9. There is no ''best'' way to arrange keybinds. It's an individual preference that evolves as you play,generally however,you want to bind your skills in a way that everything is near the movement set (wasd),also you have modifiers e/g Alt,Shift,Ctrl that you can use.
    Take guides as....guides,not as a bible and the only way to play,while general rules of thumb exist,everything else is up for interpretation.
    Also don't forget that there are plenty of people who have played the game for years,so expecting anything other than complete failure for first few months is futile.

10. There may not be the "best" way, but there are ways that work better for the majority than the others. Personally, I think I have found a solution that will suit a large majority of players, allowing them to play competitive, while still retaining some normal keybinds for comfortable playing (cause elitist people tend to delete ALL casual keybinds including movement cause they are so "pro" to only move with the mouse...).

Without further ado, here is how I set up my keybinds (this works by far the best for me, and I am a very casual player):

1. Activate additional action bars in the Interface settings and make sure these action bars always show. Add bottom left, bottom right and both right bars.

2. The keybind on the first skill in the bottom left action bar (just above the 1 skill) should be bound to ¸ (key left to your 1 key). This is a very easily accessible key and is otherwise put to waste if you don't use it properly.

3. The 1 - = keys on the main action bar should be set to this:
    1, 2, 3, 4, 5, c, 8, v, 9, 0, -, MIDDLEMOUSEBUTTON

The default C keybind is character status panel, and it is a good keybind to have, and in order to keep it, we modify it so it now uses SHIFT+C to open the Character Panel. This way we have retained the usefulness of the C key for bringing up the character panel, and added a skill to it instead of 6 (honestly C is ALOT easier to press than 6 when your fingers are on WASD keys).
    I'm not sure what V is default for, but I know for sure it's nothing important. If you think it's too important though just add a shift to it aswell as the C key to keep it.
    The middle mouse button doesn't have anything big on it either.

The reason behind this setup is, now we can access 9 skills VERY easily (1-5, (¸), C, V, MIDDLEMOUSEBUTTON). The 4 keys we cannot access so simply will be reserved for situational abilities or cooldowns.

Now, let's get into the DK specific (Frost) keybind setup:

¸ should be Death's Grip. It's very important to use this key for the grip, because it is the most easily accessed when not preoccupied, so a pull makes perfect sense for it.

1. Should be Howling Blast. A crucial thing about frost DK is spreading your diseases. Howling Blast is the ultimate Frost Fever spreader, so it is very important to be able to press it easily. You also get free procs of it every now and then, so yeah. Dont let those go to waste.

2. Plague Strike for simillar reasons; this attack inflicts Blood Plague on the enemy, another disease you should keep up at all times on your enemy.

3. You have maneuverability here. While leveling, I wouldn't use anything on this slot really. Keep it free. My 3 key is reserved for my Burst macro (popping trinket and all CDs) so it's easily accessible when I need that insane damage to show up. Until you're level 90 I'd keep this key empty actually, so you don't get too used to anything else on your 3. You'll have trouble going back out of the habit then.

4. Obliterate! The back bone of our lovely class. I figure out that 4 is the most easily spamable key on the keyboard, and that is why Obliterate gets to hang on it. Get used to pressing your 4 continuously! :)

5. Frost Strike. This is our mini obliterate, also needs to be spammed ocasionally, but less than obliterate. Use this whenever your obliterate is on cooldown. (runes recharging)

C. Should be either Necrotic Strike or Soul Reaper. Have Soul Reaper sitting on the C in PvE, in PvP, if you're going up against a healer or something with at least decent heals (priests, moonkins, druids, monks, paladins...) swap it out for Necrotic Strike. Don't overuse the ability sitting on C. If It is Soul Reaper, throw it out when the target is at 50%ish hp, if it is necrotic strike, use it as soon as you can to open with it, but don't use it again as long as it's on the enemy target. (Soul Reaper is a DK's execute ability kind of, whereas necrotic strike is a way for a DK to minimise the enemy's healing)

7. Throw the skill that you don't have on C here. (if C is Soul Reaper, put Necrotic Strike here and vice versa); This is done so you can more easily swap between C and 7 whenever an opportunity comes (say you see a horde priest coming your way and you currently have soul reaper on C, swap them out quickly). This skill will be very seldom used, and you can click it with your mouse. Not necessarily by pressing 7 at all.

V. !Conversion! Yes, there is a reason for ! being in front of the Conversion. You need to make a macro with "/cast !Conversion" content. This will make your Conversion heal double. Bind this macro to the V key. Basically the V key is your healer key. If the fight isnt going your way, spam click V. Always use this keybind as a healer.

9. Summon Undead thingy comes to my mind. Nothing important to have here really. Use it in bigger fights since you can't have it up 24/7 as Frost. If you see a hordie coming your way, pop 9 asap to let them know you're serious about it. They'll think twice before they open on you since you already have one of your cooldowns popped.

0. Freedom!!!! If human, use Every Man For Himself on 0, if not, use the alliance movement-free trinket here.

-. Gorefiend's Grasp, for a major pull when you need it.

=. Asphyxiate. In PvP, you should always use it right after death grip. So, make ¸ into MIDDLEMOUSEBUTTON a routine. :)

Gonna add more info in a bit, for now, put this into your action bars. :)

11. I.m going to try demonheims advice....even though i dont know what "popping trinket" means, I also have to learn how to keybind and how to make macros as well.

12. This is my first time playing wow. I play frost dk (lvl 73). But man do I Suck. I kept getting killed by horde players all time. I have never won a single pvp match. I don't go out of my way to fight other players but I would like to at least hold my own in case I get attacked. So anyone please help. Also please suggest a guild where the members are sociable and love humor. I don't really care much for raids, dungeons, arenas etc.... (Come to think of it, I Suck at PVE too)
    Well at lv 73 you should have your op skill which is soul siphon. It should 3 shot ppl at max and heal you almost full each siphon.
    But at max level with low gear dk do really bad, because dk's damage (str scaling) and survivability depend on gear (heal/parry/armor). Ofc you dont have that much def cd, prone to be kited, disarm, silence :D

13. I.m going to try demonheims advice....even though i dont know what "popping trinket" means, I also have to learn how to keybind and how to make macros as well.
    Popping trinket is only really relevant at level 90, so don't worry about it yet. What is your in-game name? I'll add you and show you a few tricks if you'd like. :)

14. Juse use howling blast / icy touch to get the frost debuff on your target and plague strike on your target. Once you have both diseases up use obliterate for damage and death strike if your health is low. If you have excess runic power use frost strike. Try to refresh your diseases by using howling blast and icy touch just before they expire. If you get a free howling blast (when the icon gets all glowy) use that immediately