1. How can it be the right one to go for if the one Larsy posted has none of the malicious changes you made to it?

2. How can it be the right one to go for if the one Larsy posted has none of the malicious changes you made to it?
    There are no malicious changes in the first place...

It just had a check to only work for the servers I play on (e.g. the warmane servers).

That's the only thing they changed, all other changes and additions I made are still present in it.
    Because otherwise it simply wouldn't work properly.
    Edited: November 2, 2016

3. There are no malicious changes in the first place...

It just had a check to only work for the servers I play on (e.g. the Warmane servers).

That's the only thing they changed, all other changes and additions I made are still present it.
    Because otherwise it simply wouldn't work properly.
    You also had a player blacklist, but whatever floats your boat kid.. The version I posted is the one to use, since it removed all the bullcrap that you added. Sure the other stuff is great but you kind of shot yourself in the foot there. As I Said, whatever floats your boat, use my link if u want a version that isn't ruined by a self entitled douche.

Also
    Yes, but removing the names of those who had worked on it is against the GPL license it uses ;)
    Pretty sure I cant just add my name somewhere to a list made by someone and suddenly I am part of a "GPL license".
    Adding the name to a product that isn't yours to begin with must be just as bad or probably even worse, than us making right what u did wrong and in the process removing your now stained name from that .toc file, otherwise I'm gonna download Lord of The Rings right now, open it up in Windows Movie Maker and add "& Larsy93" where it lists Peter Jackson as a director. Look at me mom I'm famous!

No point in arguing with insanity.

Also download my version here
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/cndb0w..._for_3.3.5.zip
    since it is a much purer version without the unnecessary bloat, should take atleast a few kb's less of addon memory without the silly checks of his version ;)

Huom/Shinizu feel free to edit your main post when you see reason.

4. You also had a player blacklist
    Since the blacklist doesn't influence him, it's meaningless for him.

The version I posted is the one to use, since it removed all the bullcrap that you added.
    If you had made the effort reading my post, you'd know I removed it (due to the people that asked for it, not the ones that made a fuss about it).

Sure the other stuff is great but you kind of shot yourself in the foot there.
    Thank you for acknowledging the work I have done.

I surely made a self-righteous move when adding the character-checker, but you don't have to be as douchy as you are in the last post.
    You had been a savior for those who weren't able to use it (on other servers) until now.
    But you should be less self-righteous when you are posting as infantil as this... (e.g. 'kid', 'douche' etc.)

Pretty sure I cant just add my name somewhere to a list made by someone and suddenly I am part of a "GPL license".
    Yes, you can add yourself to a GPL fork if you credit the originial author/s and (ideally) add annotations to your changes/modifications.

Another point is that I can easily determine if said version is the one I worked on (because there might be other mods somewhere).

Adding the name to a product that isn't yours to begin with must be just as bad or probably even worse, than us making right what u did wrong and in the process removing your now stained name from that .toc file,
    Well, since I did a reasonable work (around 2 weeks of coding + testing) on it which made it a 'special' version...
    So basically my fault was sharing it?

otherwise I'm gonna download Lord of The Rings right now, open it up in Windows Movie Maker and add "& Larsy93" where it lists Peter Jackson as a director.
    That's just adding your name to something.
    Which I didn't do, as you yourself stated. :)

Look at me mom I'm famous!
    Douche One-O-One? ;-)

since it is a much purer version without the unnecessary bloat, should take atleast a few kb's less of addon memory without the silly checks of his version
    Using the adjectives 'clean' and 'pure' when saying you only removed a realm/char check is a bit ... exaggerated^^
    As is the KB statement: actually it's a bit more than 500 Bytes ;)

Also, I already updated the original version without the checks.

Houm/Shinizu feel free to edit your main post when you see reason.
    The post doesn't need to be changed, the archives are, as you wanted them to.

5. Since the blacklist doesn't influence him, it's meaningless for him.
    This I don't agree with, Hitler was indirectly or directly the cause of millions of deaths, I knew none of the people that died, nor were they relatives & I ain't Jewish, so that should not influence me and I should see it as meaningless.

Sorry for attacking you like I did earlier but I just could not stand watching you trying to defend the things that you did wrong. Instead it should have looked something like this "Aight I hear you guys, I will fix this asap, what I did was wrong and I am sorry, I will soon upload a fixed version where those checks are removed."

Also the fact that people asked for this a month ago and got no response, only when I posted what I did you reply and go full on defensive stance. Instead of helping the people that asked for a solution earlier. Only when someone stepped on your toes u reacted.

Anyways, thanks for uploading "corrected" versions of your modification of the WeakAuras addon, it is more or less mandatory for me & my World of Warcraft gameplay experience. Hope you have learned something today & that you will aid in making the private server community a more friendly & better place for everyone.

Sorry again.
    /Larsy

6. Also the fact that people asked for this a month ago and got no response, only when I posted what I did you reply and go full on defensive stance. Instead of helping the people that asked for a solution earlier. Only when someone stepped on your toes u reacted.
    I haven't played on warmane or Dal for over 3 month now because I was busy with studies and I also returned to retail because soem people invited me and were kind enough to give me a gamecard/token.
    Due to this, I spend more time updating/upgrading my retail AddOns on Curse/WoWI and didn't spend much though on this anymore (despite visiting the forums on some occasions).

Then a friend of mine who plays on the aforementioned servers texted me about this.

Anyways
    we just started on the wrong foot.

Best regards
    Chris

7. Coming back to wow for the first time in a while, and I cant thank you all enough for this post!! Saving me probably an hour of my time.

8. So i am back once again, this time around i want to build a weakauras cast bar. Not so hard to start with, progress bar, Status cast and it works.
    Now what i want to add is to have the Destination of the spell on my castbar aswell. I suppose I need to write some %c custom code to get this info. From looking on the internet, it seems that UnitCastingInfo does not return the destination of the cast. http://wowprogramming.com/docs/api/UnitCastingInfo
    So do you guys have any idea of how to get around this? Is there a combat log event that triggers which returns the destination of a spell?

Thanks in advance

Densi

9. from what i can see, this is not one of the premade combat log events in weak auras, so i will have to set it up manually. thanks for pointing me at the right event though.

10. Well, in case you need some help, here is what I quickly made to test it:

Spoiler: Show
    dWdWcaqAQ68ukRujCncs3tQIERufETIuZKu1UKWSPOjtj3urL7 kvf3gsMlHQDsG9k2nu7xs)uI8xP0VvQJPKmukvgMIIXjvjhukM o4WenAcIfQeTuLulMqA5O8qsLNQ6Xu45KSiPQAQuzzkswNuL6I suxvr0LrUoQ2OIWPiu2mKA7sLrri(QIQ(ScdNuAKkknlkvzAsv PXtkojb1GH4suQQZQ4Y95cJbIHwAqI3yzvcReFEsoDdNjvI7n2 4Cv(ufZu0RCu5w5wXLdKgyct5qLpxjbL0n76sZvo3YR0AkT5in GEcnKBFJC0BmmHPCOYlnPtVWckNdm)yqS4YbBAPCfibUkNJPoc d5soSZPocd56KkiNROwo2dzzGCZT0kUC22KIlhf3e8XfiqGCmh LJ5hdIPIGPYz0WVXoBAPCjNjfvYY9w56AUBzZ6CPLLh8BS0Sfy (XGyQ4IGvXLdm)yqS4YbBAPCdUc2OY5yQJWqUKd7CQJWq(SK0e esUIlk1ryWogH2Rj)2vwV(Co2d5AnL2iwo1ryqLpPaHDT3UY61 RR5U2xwGlxXfL6imCoA0En5T6AUR9UM1UCUIA5ypKL5gCfSr1c 20s5uhHHCdUc2OYrZXgGFJfPOOqS6IksfPIurm3gsZkIHubGKn iOI0ZkIImjdqeHAVIIcXQlQivKksfzEsoDdNjvfmA43yvp6xxZ DlBw3FFky0WVXfaPb69jWrAarmKkaKSbbIvxurQivKkcJaodxr agNQliSvUbxbBuTcXBr5GhfzfiNJbMFmiwCbceiqExeSQVRMjq ca

11. When importing, i m getting Error deserializing Supplied Data is not AceSerializer Date (rev1). Any idea?

12. When importing, i m getting Error deserializing Supplied Data is not AceSerializer Date (rev1). Any idea?
    Nope. But it's not so difficult to make.

On your progress bar: Set "Left Text" (Display) to %c

Then add a Trigger.
    Type: Custom
    Event Type: Event
    Event(s): UNIT_SPELLCAST_SENT
    And add the following function in the Custom Trigger textbox:
    Spoiler: Show
    function(...)
    local casttarget = select(5,...)
    WeakAuras.regions["CASTBAR"].region.text:SetText(casttarget)
    return true
    end

The function assumes that your aura is named CASTBAR. Change this part in the function to whatever your aura is called.

There most likely is a more elegant solution and you need to improve this function some more too. Like checking if it's actually you who's casting, and stuff like that.

13. what is the scope of the variables defined in the trigger functions? can i access them in the custom text code instead of pushing it from the trigger?

14. What you can do is strip the WeakAuras... line, remove the local from the casttarget variable and use it in a custom text function, e.g.: function() return casttarget end
    The variables offered by the event itself shouldn't be accessible in the text functions. At least I don't know how you would adress them without declaring global variables first.

Be sure to prefix the variable names, tho. Otherwise, you may get name collisions.
    Edited: November 25, 2016

First ... 23456 ... Last