1. Thank you for your help. I was able to get it more or less working.

2. Thank you for your help. I was able to get it more or less working.
    What's the struggle?

3. Just needs some fine tuning :P for example to catch spells that dont return a target, for example when i mount up. i guess the idea would be to determine the number of arguments returning from the event and then have a condition of a minimum of 4. Is there a possibility in lua to check for length of an ellipsis (which ... is if i get it correctly).

Edit: Another bug, if i start casting another spell after the gcd is done but the other spell is still going, the event still triggers, making the bar restart from fresh. Not sure how exactly to counter this.
    Edited: November 25, 2016

4. The easiest way would be to check for the string length of the target name. This can be achieved by prefixing the variable with a Hashtag (#), e.g. if #abc > 0 then <has a target> else <no target > end

Your cast not having a target doesn't mean the argument isn't passed. It is passed as a string with the length of 0 (not nil!).

5. When importing, i m getting Error deserializing Supplied Data is not AceSerializer Date (rev1). Any idea?
    That's because the posted serial text has spaces.
    Remove them and it can be imported.

On a side-note: You shouldn't use "Update text on 'Every Frame'" when there is no need for it (to save CPU)

Getting the spellTarget is quite wonky since Blizzard removed the destName return from the CombatLog with 3.3

They only fixed this with 4.0 when they added the spellLineID to the UNIT_SPELLCAST_SENT event so we can check against it.

Regarding your 'bug':

You should start the castbar triggered by the UNIT_SPELLCAST_START event, not the _SENT event.

Triggers to stop the castbar are:
    UNIT_SPELLCAST_STOP
    UNIT_SPELLCAST_SUCCEEDED (also triggers _STOP)
    UNIT_SPELLCAST_INTERRUPTED
    UNIT_SPELLCAST_FAILED

The bar only starts again if you hardcode the timer.
    If you use the returns from UnitCastingInfo("unit") it should work correctly.
    Edited: November 26, 2016

6. Is there a difference in using UNIT_SPELLCAST_START/STOP/... and using a trigger that is just set to Status->Cast?

7. Is there a difference in using UNIT_SPELLCAST_START/STOP/... and using a trigger that is just set to Status->Cast?
    No, not for simple cast displays.
    The 'Cast' -Status uses all required events.

I just wrote it in case he wants to use custom code for more options/functionality.

8. Thank you for your input. I havent looked at this for a few days now. I guess the best way to pursue would be to change a set of variables on every UNIT_SPELLCAST_SEND but only trigger the weakaura on UNIT_SPELLCAST_START. (I guess Send goes before Start?)

On a side-note: You shouldn't use "Update text on 'Every Frame'" when there is no need for it (to save CPU).
    So you would suggest using the "WeakAuras.regions["CASTBAR"].region.text:SetText(casttarget)" in the trigger over using a %c defined from a set of variables (spell name and target name)?

9. You can also just update the text on "trigger update".

The thing I did with the SetText-Function inside the trigger is actually really bad practice. It's a quick way, but kinda dirty on the other hand.

10. I found a bug on triggers...

For some odd reason the addon makes itself many blank secondary triggers for some icons i made. So... when this occurs (its completely random) the icon doesnt shows up. So, everytime i need to enter the WA configuration and delete those added blank triggers... Normally the bug occurs when i login in the game and like i said, it afflicts a random icon at time (one or two icons randomly).

I know its a bug because i do use WA on blizz servers in the exactly same way and it's normal there (of course, the last version of WA for legion).

11. Do you know an exact way to reproduce it? Never happened to me so far.

12. Haum, are you still here? Please send some light!
    Edited: January 8, 2017

13. Haum, are you still here? Please send some light!
    I never encountered that behavior.

Please post your faulty auras.

14. @Benqt may i get ur weakauras2's link please.

15. Can i track rapture with this? if so pls tell me how :D

First ... 34567 ... Last