1. All arena items should be obtainable through 2v2?

No. Give ppl a reason to do 3v3 and 5v5. Some items and titles should only be obtainable through 3v3 and/or 5v5, and not 2v2.
    lol this is what we have for almost decade, we are still waiting for these bracket to become alive... xD use brain ppl these brackets always will be dead, no matter what are rewards.
    Besides if people do not enjoy 3x3 and 5x5 why force them ? it's a game after all fun must be in first place.
    Edited: July 10, 2016

2. 1) A lot of 2s comps are just broken and unbalanced, so no.
    2) Allowing this would make 3s and 5s obsolete, so no.
    3) Even Blizzard has said that 3s and 5s are what PvP is balanced around, so no.
    4) If 3s and 5s are dead, it's the community's fault. Not the game's.

3. Hello it's OP here. I'm here just to remind you that the 3s are still very much ded even though the server population is through the roof. Very simple way to resurrect the 3s/5s brackets would be to lower the rating requirements for items through 3s/5s and also have the items obtainable through 2s.
    No, the very simple way is for people who are actually interested in them and their rewards to play them. It makes no sense to either expect their rewards to be "pushed lower" or for people to be "bribed" to play them. It's comparable to people who collect achievements wanting the ones from a specific dungeon to be earned in some other one because "no one else is doing them." If people aren't interested in doing 3v3 and 5v5, the rewards for them should simply remain unachievable, until enough people who want them finally get active, instead of all of them just complaining no one does it.

4. No, the very simple way is for people who are actually interested in them and their rewards to play them. It makes no sense to either expect their rewards to be "pushed lower" or for people to be "bribed" to play them. It's comparable to people who collect achievements wanting the ones from a specific dungeon to be earned in some other one because "no one else is doing them." If people aren't interested in doing 3v3 and 5v5, the rewards for them should simply remain unachievable, until enough people who want them finally get active, instead of all of them just complaining no one does it.
    Well, Warmane did make arena titles obtainable trough 2s. Isn't that under the "for people who are actually interested in them and their rewards to play them" category? Don't get me wrong, I don't want lower rating requirement for T2/shoulders, but it would help if server found a way to increase 3v3 activity... Maybe some coin rewards for top 10 teams, removal of titles in 2s etc... Arena NEEDS some attention. Pre-merge I think there was only ONE team that was 2.2k in 3v3 (and I think they didn't have personal, just team) across 3 realms! You can't say thats right...

5. I think we can all agree attention is needed, but taking things away from 2's is not going to happen. You can beg and plead for it as much as you like, but if Blizzard can't make 3's active when the arena queues are region-wide, what makes you think a private server of a much more limited population capacity can? Hell, why are people so bent on taking things away from 2's as the "fix" for it anyway? "They'll play 3's because there's no super awesome rewards for 3's!" The major flaw in all of these arguments here is that you base them all on the assumption that we have the capability to "fix" it.

6. I'm not really sure why you constantly imply that 3s on retail is dead... Also, since you mentioned region-wide arenas from current retail:
    3s: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/leaderboards/3v3
    2s: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/leaderboards/2v2

If you skip to last page of the ladder, you will see (as on first one as well) that 3s ratings are much higher than on 2s. And, as far as I know, 2s and 3s share the same MMR system.

Edit: My post is not "begging".
    Edited: July 11, 2016

7. Well, Warmane did make arena titles obtainable trough 2s. Isn't that under the "for people who are actually interested in them and their rewards to play them" category? Don't get me wrong, I don't want lower rating requirement for T2/shoulders, but it would help if server found a way to increase 3v3 activity... Maybe some coin rewards for top 10 teams, removal of titles in 2s etc... Arena NEEDS some attention. Pre-merge I think there was only ONE team that was 2.2k in 3v3 (and I think they didn't have personal, just team) across 3 realms! You can't say thats right...
    I don't know the reasoning used in giving titles through 2v2, so I can't say anything about that. But, like Mercy says, this isn't something up to us to "fix." There's no bug on 3v3, there's no switch turned off. This is all on the players - it's players that "NEED" to give 3v3 attention, assuming they want to. I can say what you use as example is neither right nor wrong, it simply is the situation players created. If no one wants to do 3v3, there will be no 3v3, just like would happen with any content people don't want to do. I see this as something quite alike to the Character Trading feature: a lot of people complain about the costs, say it's a "failure," that no one will use it, etc, etc... which is perfectly fine - the feature is there for those who want to use it, even if few do; it doesn't needs tweaks to encourage people to use it, when any tweak would mean further screwing our own Marketplace further.

8. Damn, u can't gear up just by doing random bgs?
    Thank God I don't play WOLKT

9. Damn, u can't gear up just by doing random bgs?
    Thank God I don't play WOLKT
    People like you pay for their gear, so it's fine.

10. I'm not really sure why you constantly imply that 3s on retail is dead... Also, since you mentioned region-wide arenas from current retail:
    3s: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/leaderboards/3v3
    2s: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/leaderboards/2v2

If you skip to last page of the ladder, you will see (as on first one as well) that 3s ratings are much higher than on 2s. And, as far as I know, 2s and 3s share the same MMR system.
    "I can see a lot of teams and at high ratings on this website, must mean its active."
    It's pretty clear you don't play on there.
    Also, since you mentioned region-wide arenas from current retail:
    I've mentioned it several times, but you still fail to recognize why. A realm with a population of 12,000, of which maybe 10-15% are doing a form of pvp at any given time, does not and cannot compete with an entire battlegroup on the official servers. So your argument of "it works there, so it will work here" is completely null and void.
    Edit: My post is not "begging".
    You've been told no a number of times.

See Obnoxious' post.
    You can beg for this as much as you want. You can stir as much trouble on the forum as you like. You can try and argue semantics all day, every day. It will not change the system that is in place. And to be frank, it is getting rather annoying.

11. And again these kind of topics...(no offense to the creator of it ofc).
    I would like consider several factors which are pro and cons.

People dont have to think about "how we can resurrect the bracket",because in my opinion, making an active 3v3 in icecrown means just tons of PvE people who have no clue of how to play will just start que,which doesnt means in have an active bracket in my opinion.
    First thing to consider is...How do we consider a bracket..active?
    I personally consider it active once you dont know who is gonna get the rank1, when there is a competition which can last untill the last days (even considering Dodge/Snipe in it,as are a part of the game tho),these things wont happen on Icecrown in 2s/3s at all.
    Just take a look, each season even when there were DW/Ragnaros were/are dominated by the same guys,who, even while claiming themselfs the top pvpers, decides to play on realms which are for obvious reasons less competing then Blackrock, or, other servers.
    Let's do an example:
    I'm a PvE X random guy, who decides to try get the S8 shoulders somehow, so i gather some friends to try if we will ever make the 2k rating, the scenario i can see is pretty much this; the R1 since years is always under 2.2k, which means, that if my goal are shoulders, i wont be able to get them unless im a "skilled" players which aim to Gladiator,or R1 titles.
    Even tho i decide to give a shot ill be in a circle of hell; no ques, if i get those are against someone completly naked who is just a free win for me, or i met someone who is tryharding to get Rank1,and ill be the free win for them,after a while, you must be crazy to continue.

Icecrown doesnt need an active ladder, Icecrown needs somehow allow the "no-going-fo-rank" people to play without just be fresh meat for the "top" teams.
    How you do it?
    Make any team start from 1.5k, as on Blackrock (?)
    Lower all the items rating,in terms of 3v3.
    Increase the quanitity of points gained just by 3v3.
    These things would allow an easier separation by the brackets, and allow people to get rates,while starting from 0, is just a suicide for a new 3v3 team unless going for ranks.

"Oh but making a team start at 1500 allow them get gloves so easy",even as naked char you can get 1500 rate in 2s.
    Rewarding 2s isted,just kills the entire brackets even more,too many factors can change the game and is clearly not balanced as stated tons of times, better dont reward at all,then reward something unbalanced completly.

After all this wall of text...there is another thing to talk about, the amount of hackers, which are also well known,but still here.
    I wont state the names, but we all know.
    Even tho everyone knows, and got reported so many times,for some specific people,they have been never punished.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4QmG5W9o6s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iVTFIHX7Ww

Here is just few examples.
    Other people videos are around youtube, you can track them, now im mostly like cba.

12. Mercy and Obnoxious - u both say that its community (or even blizzard design) fault that very few of us plays 3s and u dont want to encourage (u say FORCE kek) ppl to play it, in the same time cant name reasons why 2v2 bracket (unbalanced and dumb af) have rewards (custom content af, and u disabled bg pvp titles because the were unobtainable during wotlk). I cant understand how is all that is "care for pvp" from gms/mods/devs/admins.

13. Mercy and Obnoxious - u both say that its community (or even blizzard design) fault that very few of us plays 3s and u dont want to encourage (u say FORCE kek) ppl to play it, in the same time cant name reasons why 2v2 bracket (unbalanced and dumb af) have rewards (custom content af, and u disabled bg pvp titles because the were unobtainable during wotlk). I cant understand how is all that is "care for pvp" from gms/mods/devs/admins.
    They always act like this unfortunely.
    Says 2v2 is balanced,as an excuse to dont bother in help/put some efforts in revive the 3s bracket which is way better
    Says lower 3v3 rating for items req isnt blizzlike, but in the same time, rewarding 2s. (Donators for Shoulders,T2 still exist on this server.)
    Seasons where they simply dont say a single info about, just at the end of it, which is close to incredible lol.
    Well known scripters around whole realms, never punished thanks to their friends, is easy to not get punished when you're friend with half of the staff and boosted in arena the other half.

If you add all those things to one single line, you can understand why they act like this towards 3v3.
    And, from how the staff talks (no offense), they look a bunch of 1.5k mmr players, who actually are put in a world that isnt for them.
    Tons of times had been asked to create a PvP staff with some top pvp players, but nothing happens.
    When AT was merging, there was supposed to be a big change in terms of pvp....Didnt happened.

14. Mercy and Obnoxious - u both say that its community (or even blizzard design) fault that very few of us plays 3s and u dont want to encourage (u say FORCE kek) ppl to play it, in the same time cant name reasons why 2v2 bracket (unbalanced and dumb af) have rewards (custom content af, and u disabled bg pvp titles because the were unobtainable during wotlk). I cant understand how is all that is "care for pvp" from gms/mods/devs/admins.
    If you read Mercy's last respond to me, you will see that is pointless to write anything on this forum anymore. I mean saying "It's getting rather annoying" on a post which is constructive and open to debate is just... And, to be honest, I don't really care if he/she finds it annoying, because annoying=/=wrong. #irrelevant #begging

15. If people aren't interested in doing 3v3 and 5v5, the rewards for them should simply remain unachievable, until enough people who want them finally get active, instead of all of them just complaining no one does it.
    I'd just like to point out.. You think after 5 years the players are going to wake up and start working together to revive the 3s bracket?

The 2s bracket is stale enough with the same few teams running into each other repeatedly. There is zero chance that the players on the PVE dominated realms will suddenly get their **** together to revive the bracket.

It will get flutters of activity, that are always short-lived. What happens is maybe a few teams at most will get around to organizing themselves then queue against each other until one team quits or logs off. Due to the lack of teams this usually just involves one team farming the other, so you can understand the lack of incentive for the other team to want to continue.

It's a pity that despite the obvious state of the arena ladders you choose to leave it essentially dead. I mean the game is pretty old now, expecting normal activity to resume at this point is a bit far fetched. Are there no Warmane staff that actually care about PvP?

First 123 Last