1. May 3, 2016  
    I'd sacrifice Kill Shot glyph for Steady glyph actually. I think it's definitely better when you remove Arcane Shot from rotation. But yeah I didn't check math on that.
    the problem is that u wont remove remove arcane shot from ur rotation anywhere before full bis togc gear (hard arp cap of 1400 rating). before that, u can remove arcane shot from rotation only on those rare periods of encounter where ur arp trinket(mjolnir runestone, grimtroll) procced.

2. May 3, 2016  
    the problem is that u wont remove remove arcane shot from ur rotation anywhere before full bis togc gear (hard arp cap of 1400 rating). before that, u can remove arcane shot from rotation only on those rare periods of encounter where ur arp trinket(mjolnir runestone, grimtroll) procced.
    Not even close to being correct.

3. May 3, 2016  
    Not even close to being correct.
    kekd, what did i expected to see on forums. can u elaborate ur argument against mine?

4. May 3, 2016  
    kekd, what did i expected to see on forums. can u elaborate ur argument against mine?
    Steady Shot's damage scales with Ranged Weapon DPS and Arp in a way that makes it outperform Arcane Shot at somewhere around 350 Arp, if you're using an ilevel 232 Bow. This is a level of gear you in fact already surpass using the gear listed in the OP. When you consider the additional benefit of freeing up 3 talent points (since you won't have them in Improved Arcane Shot anymore), it becomes apparent that the ideal time to drop Arcane Shot is well before that.

5. May 3, 2016  
    you remove it for mm at about 400 arm pen rating because steady will be more of a dps replacement than arcane in the rotation. you can still cast it on times you are moving but otherwise arcane shot is just not worth it once you get to that point of gear. it doesnt scale well with arm pen and thus why it gets removed at that point. otherwise keep arcane and pew pew til you die.

6. May 3, 2016  

7. May 3, 2016  
    I'd sacrifice Kill Shot glyph for Steady glyph actually. I think it's definitely better when you remove Arcane Shot from rotation. But yeah I didn't check math on that.

Aedir, here is a version of rawr that (for me at least) works with pets:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/bw...05k3b/rawr.rar
    It's version 2.3.23. But there's a more recent one for WotLK which is version 2.3.23.0, however I did not manage to find it. If anyone has it please post it in this thread. The problem with 2.3.23 or the standard 2.3.22 is that you can't save pet talents, and can't select Hunter's Mark from buffs section.
    If you look here:
    http://forums.elitistjerks.com/forum...leased-on-912/
    You can see: "- Rawr.Hunter: Fix for the ability to select Hunter's Mark. Fix for a crash with Pet buffs and talents."
    I don't mind not being able to save pet talents but not being able to select Hunter's Mark is pretty gay..

Anyway if the version I posted works for you with pets then it's at least something I suppose. Remember to run it as admin.
    I run with KS/StS/SS glyph at the moment. The list I posted is intended to be used with SS/Steady/Hawk if I recall correctly. Thanks for the rawr by the way. I think I'm actually using this version (I know I can select Hunter's Mark), I just think there is something I'm doing wrong or there is something wrong with my computer (could be anything ranging from hardware down to specific drivers). I'll try yours though :)
    Edited: May 8, 2016 Reason: Changed glyphs 5 minutes ago

8. May 3, 2016  
    Pretty much what DH said, and I would like to add that you have to also consider the talents Improved Steady Shot and Piercing Shots.
    Additionally consider that in a raid environment you have more ARP than you think, because of Sunder Armor and Faerie Fire (20% less armor + 5% less armor on boss)

9. May 3, 2016  
    Sunder Armor and Faerie Fire do not add to your ArP, but, decrease the armor on the boss before it's interaction with any of the shots. But Yeah, even if you did not consider Improved Steady Shots and Piercing Shots, Arcane shot can be effectively dropped way before the hard cap of ArP at 1400, if you consider those talents, then it will come out to be at somewhere around 300-400 ArP as DarkenedHue pointed out and actually even earlier if you have a higher iLvL bow. I arrived at a rough formula for deciding when to drop Arcane Shot :-
    Arcane Shot Non-Crit Damage (1 + (1.472 * Critical Strike Rating / 100)) < {Steady Shot Non-Crit Damage (1 + (2.436 * Critical Strike Rating / 100)) + Chimera Shot Non-Crit Damage ((900+ 21.924 * Critical Strike Rating) / 40000)}
    Essentially, you drop Arcane shot when the inequality holds true, ie. if the value on the right side is actually smaller than the one on the right side. This adjusts for Improved Steady Shot and Piercing Shots, and while not always true due to the variable nature of probability, is generally acceptable.

10. May 3, 2016  
    Sunder Armor and Faerie Fire do not add to your ArP, but, decrease the armor on the boss before it's interaction with any of the shots. .
    Yea this is what I meant, it's just I wanted to say that these debuffs increase the damage of steady shot, but not of Arcane Shot. So they also have to be considered.

11. May 4, 2016  
    Steady Shot's damage scales with Ranged Weapon DPS and Arp in a way that makes it outperform Arcane Shot at somewhere around 350 Arp, if you're using an ilevel 232 Bow. This is a level of gear you in fact already surpass using the gear listed in the OP. When you consider the additional benefit of freeing up 3 talent points (since you won't have them in Improved Arcane Shot anymore), it becomes apparent that the ideal time to drop Arcane Shot is well before that.
    even at 531 arp (using bm hunter gear) and lk 25 crossbow, there is no difference between arcane and steady shot on lvl80 dummy. and if we assume we are fully raid buffed (which will benefit both spells) and sunder armor and farie fire ( for steady) and curse of elements/ebonplaguebringer (for arcane) we would have same ****ing results, until mjolnir/grimtoll proccs. but u all need to be realistic with this like me - have u forgot aoe pushbacks, which affects only steady shot ( since ulduar is like aoe fest) even if u had 3/3 focus aim. simcraft/spreadsheet are only relevant if u attack some dummy, obv not boss encounter with all those aoe ****s/moving phases. how u guys here can be in such denial?

p.s. atm u like those full bis fury warriors (99% on dw or rag) with unbridled wrath talent (since all ur simcraft progs would tell u) instead of comading presence (just to bring more benefit to raid with comanding shout) and heroic fury (which allowes u to highest possible uptime on target).
    Edited: May 4, 2016

12. May 4, 2016  
    even at 531 arp (using bm hunter gear) and lk 25 crossbow, there is no difference between arcane and steady shot on lvl80 dummy
    Patently false. If you have the LK 25n Crossbow (or better), Arcane Shot never out-damages Steady Shot. Either you tested this very wrongly or didn't actually test it at all.

but u all need to be realistic with this like me - have u forgot aoe pushbacks, which affects only steady shot ( since ulduar is like aoe fest) even if u had 3/3 focus aim.
    That would be a factor, yeah. Although 3/3 Focused Aim makes you pushback immune provided you don't go out of range of your Holy Paladin, or whoever else is providing Concentration Aura. Heavy and consistent pushback in an encounter is more of a reason to consider going 3/3 Focused Aim, than it is substitute the occasional Steady Shot with Arcane Shot.

p.s. atm u like those full bis fury warriors (99% on dw or rag) with unbridled wrath talent (since all ur simcraft progs would tell u) instead of comading presence (just to bring more benefit to raid with comanding shout) and heroic fury (which allowes u to highest possible uptime on target).
    All simcrafts have ever done was attest to the dreadfulness of that talent, so I don't know what point you think you're making here.

13. May 4, 2016  
    Patently false. If you have the LK 25n Crossbow (or better), Arcane Shot never out-damages Steady Shot. Either you tested this very wrongly or didn't actually test it at all.[ ..]
    Q: But I tested on a target dummy and got different answers! WTF!?
    A: Was the target dummy fully raid debuffed, and you fully raid buffed? Did you perform multiple trials totaling at least an hour to reduce variance? I didn't think so. That's why you got different answers.
    http://web.archive.org/web/201003290...ated_2_3_10_a/

14. May 4, 2016  
    even at 531 arp (using bm hunter gear) and lk 25 crossbow, there is no difference between arcane and steady shot on lvl80 dummy. and if we assume we are fully raid buffed (which will benefit both spells) and sunder armor and farie fire ( for steady) and curse of elements/ebonplaguebringer (for arcane) we would have same ****ing results, until mjolnir/grimtoll proccs. but u all need to be realistic with this like me - have u forgot aoe pushbacks, which affects only steady shot ( since ulduar is like aoe fest) even if u had 3/3 focus aim. simcraft/spreadsheet are only relevant if u attack some dummy, obv not boss encounter with all those aoe ****s/moving phases. how u guys here can be in such denial?

First question, what exactly is BM gear? As for the DPS difference in Arcane Shot and steady shot in dummy, I tried a bit myself and obtained results that were quite unlike what you said. SteadyShot Damage, Arcane Shot Damage. You will notice that the steady shot damage is already higher at even 289 ArP. And while I could not do a larger number of tests, I assure you that at the number you gave, 531 ArP and LK25 Crossbow, it will be even higher and will also always be so even at the gear I am using. Also Steady Shot procs Improved Steady Shot which is a 15% damage increase to your Chimera Shot (your hardest hitting shot) and reduces the mana cost by 20% (again, highest mana per shot) and the crits proc piercing shot which means that basically 30% of your steady shot damage is done to the boss again in form of bleeds. Your realism does not exist, as DarkenedHue said, you either did no tests at all, or did it wrongly. He also pointed out how you can effectively eliminate AoE puskbacks, and if you plan your movements ahead, you will know to move when you get your instant casts (ie Chimera and Aimed) off cooldown. There is only you denying clearly established facts, that no one has argued about for like ever. Any half-good hunter guide will tell you that you drop Arcane Shot way before you reach your ArP hard cap of 1400. And anyway, where does discussion of fury warrior even come in here? LOL

15. May 5, 2016  
    So could anyone please give me a comprehensive explanation of your glyph choice? I'm still new to hunter class and I've been using glyph of kill shot, steady shot, serpent sting. But sometimes I see people doing way more dmg with chimera-serpent than me (like 20-30% more). Maybe it's worth to drop either kill shot or steady shot for chimera? Right now I have bis naxx gear. What would be better for my current gear and later when I start picking some ulduar pieces with armor pen?

First 1234 Last