1. Starting an Ele Shammy. quick question (LF Experienced PvP shamy :D)

Hey,
    So I'm starting an ele shamy, I had rolled a boomkin but I really think they are underpowered in PvP due to their lack of CC and dependign alot on nature spells.
    Anyway, here are my questions :
    -I've read somewhere that an Ele shamy will never top dps, but some people told me you could easily top 5 in raids, which one is true ?
    -Now to the PvP part, how can you counter a Shadow Priest in a duel ? (if its possible ofc).

2. I'm not highly experienced at Ele shaman so you can take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Ele shamans generally do not top dps, they're only in raids as a support to the other casters. The person telling you that you can top 5 in raids has no clue what fire mages, fury warriors, really good warlocks, etc can do. However it doesn't go to say that you shouldn't play an ele shaman just for the dps, they are still valuable in raids.

Shadow Priest vs. Ele shaman can go on forever if you both use line of sight and heal up. You won't get feared too often unless the priest keeps killing your tremor totem. It's a good idea to get off hex often as this can allow you time to heal up if things get out of hand. Shadow priests generally have the advantage since they can kill you in a silence if they manage to get full dots + procs because shamans don't really have a high health pool unless they wear stamina gear. You'll have to keep yourself topped up almost all the time and priests who dispel flame shock make it really frustrating to burst.

3. I'm not highly experienced at Ele shaman so you can take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Ele shamans generally do not top dps, they're only in raids as a support to the other casters. The person telling you that you can top 5 in raids has no clue what fire mages, fury warriors, really good warlocks, etc can do. However it doesn't go to say that you shouldn't play an ele shaman just for the dps, they are still valuable in raids.

Shadow Priest vs. Ele shaman can go on forever if you both use line of sight and heal up. You won't get feared too often unless the priest keeps killing your tremor totem. It's a good idea to get off hex often as this can allow you time to heal up if things get out of hand. Shadow priests generally have the advantage since they can kill you in a silence if they manage to get full dots + procs because shamans don't really have a high health pool unless they wear stamina gear. You'll have to keep yourself topped up almost all the time and priests who dispel flame shock make it really frustrating to burst.
    Thanks for your reply :).
    Now I have been thinking about something, if I'm facing a priest and we both decided to go full DPS popping everything (except BL since he will dispell it anyways) who would win ? because let's say you can't LOS since its an open field.
    That's the only class I'll have problems with I think, excluding DKs xD.

4. Thanks for your reply :).
    Now I have been thinking about something, if I'm facing a priest and we both decided to go full DPS popping everything (except BL since he will dispell it anyways) who would win ? because let's say you can't LOS since its an open field.
    That's the only class I'll have problems with I think, excluding DKs xD.
    My guess would be spriest, just for the extra cc. Spriest can probably kill you in a silence, psychic horror and maybe fear combo before you get to cast anything.