1. May 2, 2016  

How is anyone suposed to gear up with such gear requirements?

Most of the heroic dungeons can be completed easily with a 3.2k gs score group yet most people look for people with 3.4 or even more. Hell, one guy for searching for 3.5k gs dps for NEXUS HC... The hell is that?
    That's about the same when it comes to raiding everyone requires you to have AT LEAST 3.6k gs to accept you into a raid group which is plainly unachievable doing HC dungeons.
    So how can you get 3.6k gs? Low tier raids and HC dailies. You cannot go into low tier raids because you gs is at most 3.4k which is not enough for most of the people so you are left to spamming HC dungeons so that you 2 valor a day. Isn't that a bit unfair?

2. May 2, 2016  
    Most of the heroic dungeons can be completed easily with a 3.2k gs score group yet most people look for people with 3.4 or even more. Hell, one guy for searching for 3.5k gs dps for NEXUS HC... The hell is that?
    That's about the same when it comes to raiding everyone requires you to have AT LEAST 3.6k gs to accept you into a raid group which is plainly unachievable doing HC dungeons.
    So how can you get 3.6k gs? Low tier raids and HC dailies. You cannot go into low tier raids because you gs is at most 3.4k which is not enough for most of the people so you are left to spamming HC dungeons so that you 2 valor a day. Isn't that a bit unfair?
    That's how it is and how it ever will be with (most) pug groups.
    People are gonna ask over 5k GS for 5man Heroics in ICC patch, that's how dumb pugs are. Try getting in a guild asap.

3. May 2, 2016  
    Buy crafted gear and get BiS from hcs, that should get you 3,7-3,9k gs easily. The raids or buffed so no point in taking low geared people to wipe. We struggled with full guildrun of 3,6+gs ppl when naxx 10 came out, granted it's been nerfed a bit since then but still. And for dungeons just make your own groups. 3k gs is enough for heroics.

4. May 2, 2016  
    PVp gear + AH epic items = 3.4 gs minimum
    Never had problems with joining pugs

5. May 2, 2016  
    Right... I got 3.9k gs and zero raid items. So Yes you can get higher gs than 3.6k pre-raid. Get crafted items, get pvp items. And btw when someone is looking for 3.5k for nexus hc, just whisper Them your class and spec without your gs.

6. May 2, 2016  
    what addon do i need to check Gear score ?

7. May 2, 2016  
    GearScore.

8. May 2, 2016  

9. May 2, 2016  
    well you grab what gear you can, and you fill in the blanks with badges. its not something that takes a week to do.

10. May 2, 2016  
    I have 3,9k pve set, and just get everything with pugs, it is not hard if you try.. Just create own groups, start to think, buy pve items from AH.. And yah i always looking for better geared person, why? This is so simple, because you always wanted do it faster and without any vipes (repair with ******ed group sometimes cost like 100 golds), if you dont like the system then go to some kind guild and do hc with them.
    Edited: May 2, 2016

11. May 2, 2016  
    If you dont like the leaders of a group. Make your own group?

I'm not saying I agree with them, but it's hard work. You might spend up to 30 minutes or more getting a decent group together, you dont want that ruined of that "one guy" who is undergeared and doesnt chip in enough.

So, cant find anyone that will take you in? Make your own group of lower geared people and go for it! :)

12. May 2, 2016  
    PUGs usually ask for higher gear to compensate for the fact that they don't know who the player is and if he can play his character or not. That's normal.

Just join a guild and you'll forget about this thread.

13. May 2, 2016  
    I'm practically a new guy to WoTLK, managing to get my gears through reputations, Auction House, profession and finally Emblem of Heroism racking. It was a chore, but possible. In the end I got 3.7 pre-raid gear, complete PvE dps and enchanted/socketed/armored and gemmed.

Heroic with such high requirement (even 4k sometimes(!!!!)) leans to people who just can't wait to get the heroics over with. It cringes me whenever people just spams 'go' as if it's the only word they know. Of course, I'm aware that some guys have guild raid schedule and etc. but sometimes I miss lower level raid, there's just this 'magic' that's missing.

Spoiler: Show

Off Topic
    What stops me later for raid is the achievement/tactic knowledge requirement. Achievement, ok... get a guild run, except I'm compelled to stay in my guild because I have a friend there. As for tactic, I'm willing to learn, but true knowledge imo comes from actual experience. That's mostly how I learned boss encounter in dungeon/heroics.

Coming from new player, feel free to disagree

14. May 2, 2016  
    Getting around 3.2 K GS in no big deal....
    I assume that you ( as the vast majority of ppl from here ) have at least 1 crafting prof that's nearly maxed so 1st thing you have to do is craft all the purple items you need ) . Then go on the AH an see what other craft purples you can afford ( If you strike lucky you might be able to find some BoE raid items that are not over 2 K ) . After you've completed this step go do the NORMAL version of the dung you'll find some upgrades for sure ( I was surprised when I got a better staff from COS on normal , didn't know about it until I got it as drop ) .. And that's it whith BiS form Norm and crafted purples you should stand at a decent 3.2 K which will allow you to join 80% of the HC .

15. May 2, 2016  
    Check it: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=51521

Been using Gearscore lite for 5 years.

12 Last