1. May 2, 2016  

Moderator, GM, Someone with some Authority and Knowledge

Firstly, we appreciate the hard work you are putting into this!!! We immensely appreciate you putting the work in on this in the first place that we may have a place to enjoy our WOW addiction and not feed some giant multi-billion dollar corporation, but help a smaller business out. But... we need your communication to be better about updates and plans. Sure, the news page says updates are being performed, but what updates? So much speculation gets posted and not contradicted that people believe the nonsense and get angry when it doesn't come to pass.

You guys keep doing updates, but the news feed, nor calendar tell us what they are. Maybe if you kept us in the loop, you would hear less griping because less assumptions would be made and more actual knowledge would be being shared.

For example, I have been under the impression that the Lordaeron content that was working smoothly ( all the classic through WoTLK instances and quest ) had been ported to Frostwolf on the 27th with the big update. Thats what I read, and have been very frustrated lately because I only found the Timeless Isles ( A whole new level of something being screwed to hell ) was really the only visible update made. I run the dungeons solo, and all the ones that were closed.... yeah they are still closed, not ported over and working.

Personally the Timeless Isle needs to be scrapped till the SEVERELY OP potions and Enchantments get leveled. Do any of you actually play on these servers after you release stuff? Because personally (unless you are mentally handicapped) I don't think anyone enjoys resurrecting repeatedly (and I mean more than 15 times) only to be slaughtered before you can move or even cast Camo on yourself. You want people to enjoy this right, and not just the ones who are complete D#$%bags, right? A LOT... I say again A LOT of honor points go to honor-less kills there.

Overall just PLEASE communicate, and if English isnt your first language, then ask for help in posting this stuff. I for one would be more than happy to translate and share the information with the community without any need for being paid or reimbursed in game. Just to know what the heck is truly, and factually being done is that important.

Thanks
    Thungarimdak ~Frostwolf
    Edited: May 2, 2016

2. May 2, 2016  
    You guys keep doing update, but the news feed, nor calendar tell us what they are. Maybe if you kept us in the loop, you would hear less *****ing because less assumptions would be made and more actual knowledge would be being shared.

For example, I have been under the impression that the Lordaeron content that was working smoothly ( all the classic through WoTLK instances and quest ) had been ported on the 27th with the big update. Thats what I read and have been very frustrated only to find that the Timeless Isles ( A whole new level of something being screwed to hell ) was really the only visible update made. I run the dungeons solo, and all the ones that were closed.... yeah they are still closed, not ported over and working.

Personally the Timeless Isle needs to be scrapped till the SEVERELY OP potions and Enchantments get leveled. Do any of you actually play on these servers after you release stuff? Because personally (unless you are ******ed) I dont think anyone enjoys resurrecting repeatedly (and I mean more than 15 times) and being slaughtered before you can move or even cast Camo on yourself. You want people to enjoy this right, and not just the ones who are complete D#$%bags, right?

Overall just PLEASE communicate, and if English isnt your first language, then ask for help in posting this stuff. I for would would be more than happy to translate and share the information with the community without any need for being paid. Just to know what the heck is truly, and factually being done is that important.

Thanks
    Thungarimdak ~Frostwolf
    +++++ good thoughts my friend

3. May 2, 2016  
    You guys keep doing update, but the news feed, nor calendar tell us what they are. Maybe if you kept us in the loop, you would hear less *****ing because less assumptions would be made and more actual knowledge would be being shared.

For example, I have been under the impression that the Lordaeron content that was working smoothly ( all the classic through WoTLK instances and quest ) had been ported on the 27th with the big update. Thats what I read and have been very frustrated only to find that the Timeless Isles ( A whole new level of something being screwed to hell ) was really the only visible update made. I run the dungeons solo, and all the ones that were closed.... yeah they are still closed, not ported over and working.

Personally the Timeless Isle needs to be scrapped till the SEVERELY OP potions and Enchantments get leveled. Do any of you actually play on these servers after you release stuff? Because personally (unless you are ******ed) I dont think anyone enjoys resurrecting repeatedly (and I mean more than 15 times) and being slaughtered before you can move or even cast Camo on yourself. You want people to enjoy this right, and not just the ones who are complete D#$%bags, right?

Overall just PLEASE communicate, and if English isnt your first language, then ask for help in posting this stuff. I for would would be more than happy to translate and share the information with the community without any need for being paid. Just to know what the heck is truly, and factually being done is that important.

Thanks
    Thungarimdak ~Frostwolf
    Get faster or die trying I guess, honestly I dont even know why people go to the Timeless Isle, sure some world PvP is fun, but not in this state, you can grind out a cool mount and after that you dont ever need to step a foot there, atleast until they finaly script it properly, so this will be, maybe a couple years ahead from now.

4. May 2, 2016  
    We all know that they have to work on 3 expansions and it's not easy, but you're right, at least they should communicate with us.

5. May 2, 2016  
    First off, i want to thank warmane for the updates,

i know they are working hard. but there is one little thing that bothers me

When they say the estimated downtime is 1hr and never do they reach that estimated downtime.
    Like its better to say the downtime is 6 hrs, and then be done after 3hrs, instead of saying it takes 1hr and then taking 2 more hours to fix it.
    when u announce 6hrs and are done after only 3, it feels positive. when u say 1hr and it takes 2 more than planned, it feels negative
    Its okay to have the server off for a longer while, aslong as u announce it.

Sorry for my english but i hope the message is clear to everyone.
    Never the less thanks for updates and working on the servers!
    Edited: May 2, 2016

6. May 2, 2016  
    "Lordaeron update has been completed, realm is back online." funny how Frostwolf updates always end up with a 2+ hours of downtime since they always **** something up , they usually say this "Frostwolf is suffering from post-update stability issues. We are working to have the issue resolved asap."

7. May 2, 2016  
    First off, i want to thank warmane for the updates,

i know they are working hard. but there is one little thing that bothers me

When they say the estimated downtime is 1hr and never do they reach that estimated downtime.
    Like its better to say the downtime is 6 hrs, and then be done after 3hrs, instead of saying it takes 1hr and then taking 2 more hours to fix it.
    when u announce 6hrs and are done after only 3, it feels positive. when u say 1hr and it takes 2 more than planned, it feels negative
    Its okay to have the server off for a longer while, aslong as u announce it.

Sorry for my english but i hope the message is clear to everyone.
    Never the less thanks for updates and working on the servers!
    It's better to say for example "Frostwolf downtime is few hours, or Frostwolf has been shutted down for an update, it will be released soon" like the changelogs.

8. May 2, 2016  
    It's better to say for example "Frostwolf downtime is few hours, or Frostwolf has been shutted down for an update, it will be released soon" like the changelogs.
    like it feels like to just tell us what we want to hear, even if its impossible to achieve.

but rly id rather here 6hrs downtime than 1hr downtime and being let down everytime

when u read 6hrs downtime i just plan my day differently, 1hr i check when its back up and find myself dissapointed everytime

no im not ranting warmane, still in my opinion the best private server out there (else i wouldnt be playing here :) )

9. May 2, 2016  
    like it feels like to just tell us what we want to hear, even if its impossible to achieve.

but rly id rather here 6hrs downtime than 1hr downtime and being let down everytime

when u read 6hrs downtime i just plan my day differently, 1hr i check when its back up and find myself dissapointed everytime

no im not ranting warmane, still in my opinion the best private server out there (else i wouldnt be playing here :) )
    Yes, I agree, best private server I found after months of online searching. No one comes close!

10. May 2, 2016  
    Dies Laughing... you gotta see it! I just went to the news page and.....
    It says "After an in depth investigation of the issue, it was resolved and frostwolf is back online"
    To the right it says "Frostwolf - Unavailable"

11. May 2, 2016  

yeap..same here

12. May 2, 2016  
    Dies Laughing... you gotta see it! I just went to the news page and.....
    It says "After an in depth investigation of the issue, it was resolved and frostwolf is back online"
    To the right it says "Frostwolf - Unavailable"
    As has been said many times (many just by I alone), the counter is not updated in real time. That's brought up every time a server crashes and some smartass thinks he can start saying we lie about the population "cuz hurrdurr iz dawn how can has XXXX players."

Regarding your doubts, we have three Community Managers you can contact by PM to ask those things or for them to come reply in your thread. Neither Moderators or GMs deal with any of that information, the most we might do is just repeat what was already posted by Staff somewhere else.

13. May 2, 2016  
    My last post wasn't meant to be offensive, just thought it was funny.

By the way, I don't have any doubts about anything... there is just no accurate info being posted as to what updates are actually being done. All we are asking for is a bit better on the communication part. Read my post again, I was gracious and appreciative, but I also voiced my query. I didn't realize that was wrong to do. Might you clarify for us the appropriate place to gain the information as to what is being done? I don't believe the Community Managers want everyone messaging them about things they are unclear about when it can simply be posted up somewhere.

Forgive me if I offended with my humor. My original thought process remains... just looking for answers. Again, where is the correct, and concise information about the updates located at, so everyone can find it and there will be no moaning and groaning about "Warmane didn't do this" or " Warmane never does what they say". I dont know about you, but I hear it every day in game.

14. May 2, 2016  
    "Sure, the news page says updates are being performed, but what updates?"

That's a doubt, which sums up your post. You want more information so that sort of doubt is covered. And again, your doubts, going from where the information is or should be posted, why it isn't posted or is delayed, up to voicing that you want it posted quicker or with more information, are all the realm of the Community Managers. GMs usually only come to the Forums if it is to clear up something a player is complaining about that has to do with in-game, and Moderators don't have access to that sort of information - and if we were to just go ask the Community Managers on players' behalf we would be doing nothing more than "middle-man" work, which isn't what we are here for, there's no need for "middle-men."

15. May 2, 2016  
    A question and a doubt are two separate things. I had a question. I do not doubt that I love playing on Warmane or that I appreciate the opportunity to, nor do I doubt that work is being done to improve the servers. I stated that fact in the sentence you quoted back to me. The Question was what is being updated, no doubt that anything was, but the question actually reinforced that there were no doubts.

Now that the petty childish crap is out of the way...
    If there is no place that actually states what updates are being made, I suggest it be added into the news for the server. No specifics needed. Look at how Windows list its updates, "Patch to fix minor security loopholes and other security issues". We dont need to know the technical specs for all the updates, but if content is rumored to be ported over, a update list would help people not get so frustrated. The porting of the Loraeron content has been been implied for months now, and from the way things were worded, it was understood that they would come through on the 27th of last month. they did not. Had the updates being done been listed in the server news feed, no one would be complaining everywhere that Warmane does not keep its word. Before I am accused of saying that myself, please reread what I just said. I saw the vagueness in the update listing and expected nothing. I have contacted a Community Manager and am trying to see what can be done to remove the vagueness and implement a bit of communication that will benefit all.

My intent with the header of this thread was not to challenge you or anyone's authority, nor mock it, but not knowing who to talk to, I left it open ended to those in power. You gave me the answer and I thank you, but next time please try not to talk down to people. People ask questions because they do not know the answer, not to be annoying. I apologize if you found my question annoying or saw it as a jab at Warmane's integrity. I assure you it was meant as neither. Again, thank you for the answer, and I am sorry for any frustration.
    Thungarimdak-frostwolf
    Jorge

12 Last