1. May 2, 2016  

two questions regarding my gear, gems and VP

hello,
    im making this today to ask the community for some advice. http://armory.warmane.com/character/...thwing/summary is my armory for the hunt in question.
    in 2 days ill have enough vote points for a new trink or weapon so the questions is as follows,

1. should i use it to get dbw in place of the war token (sts ofc stays) or trade in my zods hc for crossbow nm? im leaning toward the bow for the stats but dbw will increase my passive arm pen to about 700 which is about when i can change some of my set up. just want advice on it.

2. should i change up my gems? right now a complete agility all the way through but im thinking about changing it. any advice regarding when or what would be more optimal in this toons setting.

also note i have sanc t10 helm just using this one for the hit for now, though i can swap and use gem to hit the hit rating if needed.
    any advice or criticism is welcome, any flames or insults i just ask you be creative. thank you in advance.

2. May 2, 2016  
    Hi. For your questions,
    1. I think Deathbringer's Will would be a bigger upgrade compared to Fal'inrush for you at the moment. Fal'inrush is a slightly better bow than Zod's Repeating Longbow, but Herkuml War Token is also a pretty weak trinket and DBW would be the superior choice here.
    2. At your level of gear, you should consider switching to ArP. Do not change all the gems outright, but make a slow change, like for instance, using ArP gems in any new gear you get. This will also save you some gold and ArP and agility are pretty similar at this point.

Also, You already have too much hit. The proper amount of hit necessary is 164 with talent 3/3 Focused Aim which is a tier 1 (first row) MM talent or 264 without it. You can easily drop the Marrowgar Helm and use the T10 one, also another goal should be to probably craft a Draconic Bonesplinter Legguards to replace your T10 legs.

3. May 2, 2016  
    Hi. For your questions,
    1. I think Deathbringer's Will would be a bigger upgrade compared to Fal'inrush for you at the moment. Fal'inrush is a slightly better bow than Zod's Repeating Longbow, but Herkuml War Token is also a pretty weak trinket and DBW would be the superior choice here.
    2. At your level of gear, you should consider switching to ArP. Do not change all the gems outright, but make a slow change, like for instance, using ArP gems in any new gear you get. This will also save you some gold and ArP and agility are pretty similar at this point.

Also, You already have too much hit. The proper amount of hit necessary is 164 with talent 3/3 Focused Aim which is a tier 1 (first row) MM talent or 264 without it. You can easily drop the Marrowgar Helm and use the T10 one, also another goal should be to probably craft a Draconic Bonesplinter Legguards to replace your T10 legs.
    1. yeah i was thinking that too hence why i asked cause its pretty close to it but abit harder tbh to get dbw since its rolled on by everyone as oppose to falin which a hunt like me would have a better chance priority wise

2. i was thinking the same, though the gear changed it abit now. if i use the t10 instead of marrow helm and get dbw my arp goes to about 750-800 easily. last i checked that is where it would be viable to have a overhaul to arp (ofc agility wont be bad) and can get me close to the cap

yeah i got too much, but without i got about 246 hit though im assuming the aim on my character screen includes the talent. this is something i need confirmed otherwise i wont worry about. the legs are a goal im aiming for but i asked these questions because of having enough VP to get new trink or bow and thus might have enough arp to make overhaul better choice thus max dps :D.

thank you for answering and has been helpful so far. BTW awesome guide i read it a few times and found it pretty neat.

4. May 3, 2016  
    1. yeah i was thinking that too hence why i asked cause its pretty close to it but abit harder tbh to get dbw since its rolled on by everyone as oppose to falin which a hunt like me would have a better chance priority wise

2. i was thinking the same, though the gear changed it abit now. if i use the t10 instead of marrow helm and get dbw my arp goes to about 750-800 easily. last i checked that is where it would be viable to have a overhaul to arp (ofc agility wont be bad) and can get me close to the cap

yeah i got too much, but without i got about 246 hit though im assuming the aim on my character screen includes the talent. this is something i need confirmed otherwise i wont worry about. the legs are a goal im aiming for but i asked these questions because of having enough VP to get new trink or bow and thus might have enough arp to make overhaul better choice thus max dps :D.

thank you for answering and has been helpful so far. BTW awesome guide i read it a few times and found it pretty neat.
    Nah, the talent's hit does not show up in the character pane. I think it used to at some point like years ago, and when it stopped showing I thought it was a bug and made a thread too xD. But yeah, you can just invest three points in the talent and have 164 hit showing in your character pane to be hit capped.

5. May 3, 2016  
    That's definitely a relief. Well so far running my new arm pen gear increased my dps alot even without dbw so far and will probably be plenty more once I get it tomorrow. Thanks for helping fellow huntard xD.

6. May 4, 2016  
    Yeah pretty much what's already been said. Toc10HC has a decent neck you could sub in, belt and bracers can go, and you should still be hitcapped.

7. May 4, 2016  
    i actually do have collar of ceaseless torment hc xD i been thinking if i should use it instead of wodin but im iffy because i would lose some agility because of it but itll probably be more useful once i get dbw so i can get higher up my arm to the point where itll be more useful. belt and bracer i cant quite change yet because of lack of options unless i get some lucky drops in icc but im working on it right now. my only sub would be wraith brace and nothing for now for belts. though after hearing about the hit cap i can definitely have more room to mess with than what i was originally thinking.

8. May 4, 2016  
    i actually do have collar of ceaseless torment hc xD i been thinking if i should use it instead of wodin but im iffy because i would lose some agility because of it but itll probably be more useful once i get dbw so i can get higher up my arm to the point where itll be more useful. belt and bracer i cant quite change yet because of lack of options unless i get some lucky drops in icc but im working on it right now. my only sub would be wraith brace and nothing for now for belts. though after hearing about the hit cap i can definitely have more room to mess with than what i was originally thinking.
    You can use a spreadsheet to see if it is a bigger upgrade, or you can use a rough benchmark of 1 arp = 1 agi, 1 crit = 0.9 agi, and 1 ap = 0.4 agi to calculate upgrades. You can completely ignore the hit from wodin's since it overcaps you and if the difference is significant, you can make a choice between one or the other. (Note that the numbers I gave are not exact, but I just gave them for simplifying calculations and they should come pretty close.) And No, don't use wrathful bracers, they are outright inferior due to the presence of resilience, and lower amount of agility and intellect.

9. May 4, 2016  
    Well actually you don't even need a spreadsheet to tell, just by tinkering around with your stats for a long time, you tend to be able to tell just at a glance what is better, you may need the spreadsheet for finer choices. At a glance, 40-50 arp gain at an approx 750-800 total arp level, still staying above hit cap, at the loss of a few agi, the collar is a clear upgrade based on the theoretical value of arp vs agi for your gear level (friendly reminder that arp value to agi increases the closer you get to 1400). replace your gems with arp and this difference will be even larger on a spreadsheet.

About your drops any half decent ICC25 run should get you 6/12 to fester & rot. and thats practically all you need, looking at your armory- bracers, belt, legs. the next thing you need would just be marks and maybe the ring from VDW, but saurfang's band is more than adequate as a replacement.