1. May 2, 2016  

Is MOP alot more "better PC" demanding than cataclysm?

Hi, being bored from wotlk and cataclysm i decided to try out MOP. I have decent pc and while playing cataclysm, my pc is as quiet as it can get. Today i DL'd MOP, and while being played for over 10 minutes, it seems and sounds like my pc wants to explode, room turns to complete sauna and etc. I checked three times, and i have exactly THE SAME settings on both expansions. Everything is set to the lowest as possible. Thanks for reading, dont need to make posts like "buy better pc xd"

2. May 2, 2016  
    MoP is definitely more demanding but not so much that it'd overheat your PC. I have no clue what could cause your problems.

3. May 2, 2016  
    Thanks for reply. Yeah its odd, what ever i do in cataclysm ( raid/quest/explore w/e) takes like no pressure from my pc, but even questing in MOP makes my pc make hella noise, that it starts being annoying to play. Ill still try to check over settings.

4. May 2, 2016  
    Not sure if there is fps limit on Cata by default. On MOP you can limit fps with command: /console maxfps 30, you can go higher too if 30 seems working fine.
    Try change also between DX9 and DX11.

5. May 2, 2016  
    Thank you! will try. So what fps rate would be best for me? I should go 30-60 if my pc is exploding?

6. May 3, 2016  
    Thank you! will try. So what fps rate would be best for me? I should go 30-60 if my pc is exploding?
    well if you are not noticing any 'skipping' in frame rates try from 40-25 at the lowest.

7. May 3, 2016  
    I had issues with my pc aswell being overheated when playing WoW. I did a virus scan, found out I had some malware causing my CPU to clock around 99% usage. After the threat was removed everything went back to normal so try doing a scan :)

8. May 4, 2016  
    If you got everything turned down to the very lowest possible i suppose the only places you should see your pc freaking out is...actually nowhere :/
    Only thing i can think of as someone said before is to limit your fps,then again if you have to run it on toaster,chances are that you aren't exactly using any more gpu than you normally would.
    What's exactly overheating cpu or gpu?
    Download GPU-z and post a screenshot with MoP and then Cata running in full-screen window with the software on top.

9. May 4, 2016  
    Can you write the specs of the pc?

Btw what you can try is to scan it with any AV out there, and if you have a prebuilt pc you might want to get it cleaned up :)

10. May 4, 2016  
    Even with overheated pc you shouldnt turn your room into sauna; except your room is have thick insulation and no AC :S