1. May 5, 2016  

Battle Stance/MaCe specs/Bloodgorged/Serrated Blades

ok, im really pissed of by all those things ,which are listed in title, not working (completely). i need some help, from better expirienced tester out here:
    basically: 1) which one dummy should be more accurate to use (lvl83 or 80);
    2) what gear setup will be better - full geared one ( one with 90% passive arp for battle stance test; 85% of passive arp to test mace specs; 90% of passive arp to test bloodgorged) or i can just go yolo full naked (no pieces with arp, but some gear to cap hit and exp);
    3) should i just auto attack target or using spells is needed (if im adding spells to this ill need some trustfull sources of dmg calculation for those);
    4) should i make macro's to remove procs (ring/trinkets/etc) or it wont affect this since one test will continue for 10mins (if 10 mins wont be enough to neutrilize that proc-related stuff, how much time should i spend on 1 testing?);
    5) since i have both warrior and dk, ill need help from someone who has well geared rogue (subtl spec for serrated blade test and combat for mace spec;
    6) which addons except recount/scada will improve results of testing (like dr.dmg and similar ****).
    7) at which bugtracker section report should belong (i dont think that i should separate testing results and posting them per-class on bugtracker)

The ArP "buffs" (items, stances and such) stack additively too, meaning that 90% ARP on battle stance for a warrior would mean a 100% ARP final.
    those testings will be a lil bit complicating since arp stat by itself is confusing, making those talents (i.e. modificators) harder to proper test, so i need to improve my level in this particular part of game mechanic. if it happens, that someone already have done those testings on new core, sharing those will be aprreciated to make proper bugtracker report.

note: other armor modifiers, such as sunder armor/expose armor, fairie fire, shattering throw, are working (to some extend at least), so im not aware should i made testings of those or just assume that they are working 100%

2. May 5, 2016  
    The ideal spell to test something like this with would be a physical damage ability that didn't have a damage range. Thunder Clap, for instance, always does the same damage if you have the same AP every time you cast it, and so the only source of variation you'd get here is between a regular hit and a critical hit. An analogous Rogue ability in this regard would be Gouge. The other alternative is to get a weapon with a very low damage-range, and then use auto-attacks (or an ability that deals damage based on the damage of your weapon) to do your tests.

Confirming that the bug with Battle Stance still exists should be very easy. Equip gear such that you're sitting at around 91-92% Arp. Keep one of the sockets in your gear empty (this will be for the Arp gem you'll put in it later). While in Battle Stance, take note of Thunder Clap's damage each time. Cast it while facing away from the dummy, and make sure you dispel all your buffs before each Thunder Clap such that you always have the same AP. After getting a consistent reading of its crit and non-crit damage after 5-6 Thunder Claps, put a Fractured Bloodstone (12 Arp) gem into that empty gem socket you had. Observing any increase at all would confirm the bug, since if Battle Stance worked correctly, you would already be Arp-capped with 90%+ Arp, and thus not observe any further damage increases from going beyond that.

Pinpointing the exact source of the bug and how it works is a bit more complicated, in which you'd need figures for the boss' armor, its armor constant on Warmane (it used to be incorrect before the core swap, probably still is now), as well as your own Arp. There was a guide on these forums where formulas for most of that were posted.
    Edited: May 5, 2016

3. May 5, 2016  
    The ideal spell to test something like this with would be a physical damage ability that didn't have a damage range. Thunder Clap, for instance, always does the same damage if you have the same AP every time you cast it, and so the only source of variation you'd get here is between a regular hit and a critical hit. An analogous Rogue ability in this regard would be Gouge. The other alternative is to get a weapon with a very low damage-range, and then use auto-attacks (or an ability that deals damage based on the damage of your weapon) to do your tests.

Confirming that the bug with Battle Stance still exists should be very easy. Equip gear such that you're sitting at around 91-92% Arp. Keep one of the sockets in your gear empty (this will be for the Arp gem you'll put in it later). While in Battle Stance, take note of Thunder Clap's damage each time. Cast it while facing away from the dummy, and make sure you dispel all your buffs before each Thunder Clap such that you always have the same AP. After getting a consistent reading of its crit and non-crit damage after 5-6 Thunder Claps, put a Fractured Bloodstone (12 Arp) gem into that empty gem socket you had. Observing any increase at all would confirm the bug, since if Battle Stance worked correctly, you would already be Arp-capped with 90%+ Arp, and thus not observe any further damage increases from going beyond that.

Pinpointing the exact source of the bug and how it works is a bit more complicated, in which you'd need figures for the boss' armor, its armor constant on Warmane (it used to be incorrect before the core swap, probably still is now), as well as your own Arp. There was a guide on these forums where formulas for most of that were posted.
    thunder clap seems too "fishy" for me to use, since it aoe, and i dont know any other dummy, except acherus one, which stands separated. probably i will just go with auto-attack spamming this macro
    Spoiler: Show
    /startattack
    /cancelaura Enrage
    /cancelaura Piercing Twilight
    /cancelaura Frostforged Champion
    /cancelaura Blood drinker
    /cancelaura Berserk
    /cancelaura Strength of the Taunka
    /cancelaura Soul Fragment
    /cancelaura Chaos Bane
    so now i'll just search for a button, which i wont use anymore ahahah

edit: probably i wont do any gem swaps to test warrior, since i have access to almost every bis gear piece. but i would do that on dk (messing around with 100% passive arp and 5/5 bloodgorged, and regem for 90% and 5/5 bloodgorged, filling those slots with parry or any other stat that wont affect dmg output)
    Edited: May 5, 2016

4. May 5, 2016  
    Thunder Bluff has a dummy near the warrior & hunter trainers, which is completely separated from the rest. I always use that one for any kind of tests.

How the bug works is something we all know by now, DarkenedHue - the talents apply before ArP, just like Sunder Armor/Expose Armor or Faerie Fire/Curse of Weakness. Or maybe after. Whatever the case, they do not apply at the same time with ArP, which is the problem.

@dike, as DarkenedHue said, you can get a weapon with very low min-max damage, such as the starting weapons. Create a warrior, mail his weapon to your character and do the tests with it. Tauren, for example, start with a 2H mace.

5. Sorry for necro but is this bug still there?

6. bloodgorged/mace specs still works like ****

7. battle stance can be tested used using shield slam or something(it always does same damage)