1. May 8, 2016  

Character Trading QQ thread.

So character trading has been introduced to wotlk realms, and will soon be a thing on cataclysm and mop realms. Is this a good thing or a bad thing?
    looking at this issue from a cataclysm player point of view: BAD! here is my justification.

whether we like to admit it or not, cataclysm is dying out slowly. Many of us veteran players who have played the servers for the last 5-6 years still find joy, but it's slowly decaying. Maybe this will be a push for us to sell our multiple BIS toons and try out another expansion?

Why will this be bad for the cataclysm community?
    i think it's because most cataclysm players do not have such an emotional attachment to their toons, especially after having played them for years. people get bored! What i'm gonna do is sell my bis toons for 50-100 coins each once this service is introduced on cata realms, and deck out some of my mop toons and actually start playing there. This could be potentially game breaking because of noobs that find an opportunity to buy a bis toon for the price of 2-3 good items. "ilvl and achiv!" 408 with full achiv, but absolutely no knowledge of how to play the class or how the raid works.

What do you guys think?

2. May 8, 2016  
    So character trading has been introduced to wotlk realms, and will soon be a thing on cataclysm and mop realms. Is this a good thing or a bad thing?
    looking at this issue from a cataclysm player point of view: BAD! here is my justification.

whether we like to admit it or not, cataclysm is dying out slowly. Many of us veteran players who have played the servers for the last 5-6 years still find joy, but it's slowly decaying. Maybe this will be a push for us to sell our multiple BIS toons and try out another expansion?

Why will this be bad for the cataclysm community?
    i think it's because most cataclysm players do not have such an emotional attachment to their toons, especially after having played them for years. people get bored! What i'm gonna do is sell my bis toons for 50-100 coins each once this service is introduced on cata realms, and deck out some of my mop toons and actually start playing there. This could be potentially game breaking because of noobs that find an opportunity to buy a bis toon for the price of 2-3 good items. "ilvl and achiv!" 408 with full achiv, but absolutely no knowledge of how to play the class or how the raid works.

What do you guys think?
    Wait, you really think people will actually buy our toons?o.O I wish I was as hopeful as you.

3. May 8, 2016  
    reality check, a full bis char, hell forbid you have 2 sets of armor on it and a few transmog pieces... will go for ~1k coins... now I'm not saying noone's gonna buy them ever,
    but people are much much (MUCH!) more likely to make a char, boost it to 85 for a few coins, get a few bis pieces with some more coins and then play the game with... say 5part DS and a wep, then find a guild to casually raid with them to get the rest of the gear, stumble upon some pieces that never drop and donate for... shared boss hc ring and trink... and you've just spent ~300 coins over a few months, now that, for most people is how they play... you don't donate 1000 euros and go "hmmmm what am I going to do now"

4. May 8, 2016  
    reality check, a full bis char, hell forbid you have 2 sets of armor on it and a few transmog pieces... will go for ~1k coins... now I'm not saying noone's gonna buy them ever,
    but people are much much (MUCH!) more likely to make a char, boost it to 85 for a few coins, get a few bis pieces with some more coins and then play the game with... say 5part DS and a wep, then find a guild to casually raid with them to get the rest of the gear, stumble upon some pieces that never drop and donate for... shared boss hc ring and trink... and you've just spent ~300 coins over a few months, now that, for most people is how they play... you don't donate 1000 euros and go "hmmmm what am I going to do now"
    Exactly. But that 1000 euro part was actually me then I thought why not buy mounts and boe to share for people :D but back to the actual topic. As Islingr stated here - nobody will never ever buy a char worth minium 1k coins which makes this system a little bit disappointing for me. Neither this 50-100 coin idea will work because those things will happen as Islingr and ahmadkayali96 said in their posts.

5. May 8, 2016  
    The system is so flawed... I mean my crappy DK on Lord, few achievements, all the glory achievements possible before I quit and not even a Naxx Kill and the minimum was 1015 coins... I dont even understand that logic O_O

I'd be happy with like 200 max for it because you know... 1x realm levelling, gearing, professions etc.

No-one would really want a cata toon would they, heck even my BIS 3 Spec PvP Shaman wouldnt be close to what the minimum coin cost was worth. Just a refund of the coins spent on her (about 600).

6. May 9, 2016  
    Last I checked you could take off your gear and put it in your bags significantly lowering the cost of your character. Potential buyers can check your inventory out on armory to make sure the gear is there.

7. May 9, 2016  
    Can't wait til it gets enabled so I can trade my hunter, BiS fire Mage, 396 disc with maw HC, and full cata holy pala with maw HC. Once they are all gone I will move to ice crown cuz f*ck cata and f*ck mop

8. May 9, 2016  
    Can't wait til it gets enabled so I can trade my hunter, BiS fire Mage, 396 disc with maw HC, and full cata holy pala with maw HC. Once they are all gone I will move to ice crown cuz f*ck cata and f*ck mop
    sadly you wont be able to get carried by your class and spec there cuz wotlk.

9. May 9, 2016  
    sadly you wont be able to get carried by your class and spec there cuz wotlk.
    I've played BM on retail tbc, if it's any similar to that i think id be jus fine

10. May 9, 2016  
    I've played BM on retail tbc, if it's any similar to that i think id be jus fine
    Bull****.... Noway you've played about 9 years and still click.

11. May 9, 2016  
    dang, i was hopin i could just give away characters or something with the character trade feature. i already have every class on each realm in full bis or near it [pvp wise ofc, not pve] and hardly touch them. as someone who used to give away full wrathful characters for coins, i think there will be buyers, though not at that 1k minimum thing kemii was talking about lol

12. May 9, 2016  
    lol nice dude

13. May 9, 2016  
    Bull****.... Noway you've played about 9 years and still click.
    Never said I played for "9 years" I played TBC for 3 months and mained BM hunter during that time. After that I stopped playing (the realm I played on was Malfurion) and didn't touch WoW again until I found out about molten / warmane 3 years ago and still have been maining BM hunter since. Pre Moltdown had a full cata BM hunter and also had a geared BM hunter on MoP as well

Funny thing is I was more interested in PvE than PvP when I played tbc.
    Edited: May 9, 2016

14. May 9, 2016  
    Bm hunters sucked in tbc, and they suck harder in wotlk.

But it's fine, if you want to play a **** spec, all the power to you, best of luck.

15. May 9, 2016  
    we got bored huh? more like working content suddenly becoming not working.

12 Last