1. May 9, 2016  

Looking for a friendly Guild.

Hey guys, I just got to 80 on my Human Paladin. And now I'm looking for a way to gear up. Since RDF is behaving really weird, I want to find a friendly guild with Gungeon/Raid runs.

I'm 23 years old. Friendly player from Norway. My In-game character is Elytheus (Human Paladin) on Ragnaros. /w me in-game guys.
    Edited: May 9, 2016

2. May 9, 2016  
    I'd suggest trying to find one of the smaller, tight-knit guilds. There isn't a single larger Alliance guild on Rag that falls under the "friendly" category you're looking for. I could make some recommendations if you were Horde, but... rip.

3. May 10, 2016  
    We will gladly inv u, since we always lf passionate players in our ranks. My in-game character is Beowulf. Hyped to meet u m8, cya!!!

4. May 10, 2016  
    Hey guys, I just got to 80 on my Human Paladin. And now I'm looking for a way to gear up. Since RDF is behaving really weird, I want to find a friendly guild with Gungeon/Raid runs.

I'm 23 years old. Friendly player from Norway. My In-game character is Elytheus (Human Paladin) on Ragnaros. /w me in-game guys.
    Hello there Elytheus.

If you want you can join us in the guild <Aurora>. We'd love to have you as a new edition and we'll try to help you as much as we can.

Feel free to whisper Leulz in-game.

Teamwork is key {skull}

5. May 11, 2016  
    ^ This is something I would warn you about, Elenthir.

It is like a Siren, if you are familiar with the creature in mythology. They will lull you in with their songs and sweet & lovely appearance, and by the time you realize what you've gotten yourself into, it'll be too late to escape.

I strongly advise you against these "top" Alliance guilds. Strongly advise.

Wait for the realm merge. You'll find far better communities on the Alliance from Deathwing. Or faction change.
    Edited: May 11, 2016

6. May 11, 2016  
    You can give us a try Elenthir. If you don't end up enjoying it or liking how we operate and what we do, then you are free to leave anytime. It's not like we're going to force you to stay.

The decision is yours.

I don't understand or see any reasons why the poster above is trying to shove you away from us but there's no harm in giving it a try to see for yourself.

7. May 11, 2016  
    Unfortunately Elenthir, Lynea harbors a multi-year grudge against Aurora and seems to spend an irregular amount of time consumed with insulting the guild at all turns. Take her "advice" with a large grain of salt.

Here's what I know as a member-turned-officer of Aurora. I joined the guild in late 2013 and I still raid today with many of the same people I raided with then. A large portion of officers and core raiders have been together for years. The guild itself is coming up on its 4th anniversary in a week, making it the oldest guild on all of Ragnaros and one of the oldest if not the oldest active raiding guild on the whole site(I'm unaware of some DW guilds but it can't be many if at all). The guild has and will remain an active force in the pve, endgame raiding scene. We also maintain a very healthy population of both serious raiders and casual players. If you have any questions about the Aurora experience(for whatever that is, we just play a game together) then feel free to hop on one day and ask members. The reputation of the guild is very good and I can tell you right now we are constantly receiving apps from DW players who wish to join us on the merge because they've heard of us and the level of play we achieve.

All I know is guilds don't hang around, even on retail, for 4+ years because everyone hates them and avoids being a part of them. Seems to me there must be something going right if people want to be a part of this guild after all these years.

8. May 11, 2016  
    Was a casual rank back when rora was on it's peak in activity and when it first went semi casual and this is probably the guild for you. Good quality of stuff you can learn on both pve and pvp.

9. May 11, 2016  
    You can give us a try Elenthir. If you don't end up enjoying it or liking how we operate and what we do, then you are free to leave anytime. It's not like we're going to force you to stay.

The decision is yours.

I don't understand or see any reasons why the poster above is trying to shove you away from us but there's no harm in giving it a try to see for yourself.
    Only a complete naive person would believe in the sweet lullaby that you're trying to sing here. A person that is actually an old player around here knows how things operate and also knows how "non-friendly" your guild can be.

Unfortunately Elenthir, Lynea harbors a multi-year grudge against Aurora and seems to spend an irregular amount of time consumed with insulting the guild at all turns. Take her "advice" with a large grain of salt.
    Actually, I don't see salt in that person post. If we want to share everything about a guild we should be honest and share the negative side as well. From the several public exploits that have shown up, from the several kicks to members since they're friends of X and Y, from the lack of competence in testing content and even the exploiting of honor farming - Pointing out the flaws in our competence makes us better players and also makes us a much better and reliable individual. Personally, as a player, I would never associate my name to such a guild. I guess I'll still have to wait for the day when people are going to be really honest about their qualities. By the looks of it, looks like a day that never comes.

10. May 11, 2016  
    Only a complete naive person would believe in the sweet lullaby that you're trying to sing here. A person that is actually an old player around here knows how things operate and also knows how "non-friendly" your guild can be.

Actually, I don't see salt in that person post. If we want to share everything about a guild we should be honest and share the negative side as well. From the several public exploits that have shown up, from the several kicks to members since they're friends of X and Y, from the lack of competence in testing content and even the exploring of honor farming - Pointing out the flaws in our competence makes us better players and also makes us a much better and reliable individual. Personally, as a player, I would never associate my name to such a guild. I guess I'll still have to wait for the day when people are going to be really honest. By the looks of it, looks like a day that never comes.
    hahaha rofl

11. May 11, 2016  
    Feel free to apply anytime and see it for urself, cheers!
    http://aurora-rag.shivtr.com/

12. May 11, 2016  
    Actually, I don't see salt in that person post. If we want to share everything about a guild we should be honest and share the negative side as well. From the several public exploits that have shown up, from the several kicks to members since they're friends of X and Y, from the lack of competence in testing content and even the exploring of honor farming - Pointing out the flaws in our competence makes us better players and also makes us a much better and reliable individual. Personally, as a player, I would never associate my name to such a guild. I guess I'll still have to wait for the day when people are going to be really honest about their qualities. By the looks of it, looks like a day that never comes.
    Well, you don't see the salt because Lynea is your GM so please be less transparent on that front, you're more than educated on the subject. The rest of your post is equally laughable since all you point to are isolated, individual incidents of which there was never any collusion among members or officers to circumvent or exploit any rules.

Also let's go right ahead and point out that the progenitor of these passive-aggressive posts(Lynea) is a mod on these very forums. Of course you knew that but it should serve as notice that her bitter, petty grudge against Aurora runs so deep she takes to posting on her non-mod account with this childishness, of which she has been and will likely continue to be reprimanded for by her boss.

If you want a day to wait for, try waiting for one in which you don't feel the need to insult or even discuss Aurora.

13. May 11, 2016  
    I still don't get it. How are we non-friendly? Do you have any support for this?

If what you're trying to say is true, this "non-friendly" guild would not exist anymore since well, who would want to be in a non-friendly guild right?

The fact that we've been up for more than 3 years now counters the "non-friendly" claim.

14. May 11, 2016  
    Well, you don't see the salt because Lynea is your GM so please be less transparent on that front, you're more than educated on the subject. The rest of your post is equally laughable since all you point to are isolated, individual incidents of which there was never any collusion among members or officers to circumvent or exploit any rules.

Also let's go right ahead and point out that the progenitor of these passive-aggressive posts(Lynea) is a mod on these very forums. Of course you knew that but it should serve as notice that her bitter, petty grudge against Aurora runs so deep she takes to posting on her non-mod account with this childishness, of which she has been and will likely continue to be reprimanded for by her boss.

If you want a day to wait for, try waiting for one in which you don't feel the need to insult or even discuss Aurora.
    My speech and cordiality were the same since the first non proper steps were done by Aurora (back in 2014). The rest of my post is of course, laughable, since all of the points touch the nerve (apparently non-deniable as well) that even your GM was eradicated from the game since he was one of the abusers. When your leader is a sheep - What is the rest of the guild?
    Just to make it clear: I didn't insult. Insult is what multiple of Aurora members like to do in-game. I simply pointed out, in a really polite way, the multiple cons of joining Aurora since you only pointed the benefits. If you want to look reliable make a proper self-evaluation. I thought that, as an educated person, you would learn that back in school where the teachers would invite you to do a honest self-evaluation. In fact, I will not even point out anything else since it appears that you're already sensitive and I don't want to break your feelings, however, be aware that truth always hurts.

About what you're pointing out - I won't get myself involved since that's something that I'm unaware and I don't want to take part of a trip into staff bashing.

I still don't get it. How are we non-friendly? Do you have any support for this?
    Dear sir, if your guild was actually friendly you wouldn't have streamers from your guild bashing other people every single day and YOU wouldn't have the need of banning people from those stream chats when questioned about the integrity of your legit progress and testing. If you were actually friendly, your guild wouldn't kick members out of their guild just because they're friends of X and Y like I refered above (This brings me back to 2015). " Sometimes when you're scared to take a look, at the corner of the room, you've sensed that something's watching you." (Took the liberty of finding a better quote since some people didn't like the portuguese quote) - That's an old quote that applies perfectly in here.

However, my statements end here since some people are already taking it in a personal approach and in a hatred approach against certain individuals. I like proper discussions - With honesty, open-minded and without hatred. When people take it to the opposite direction I leave them for themselves. Enjoy your evening, gentlemen.

15. May 11, 2016  
    My speech and cordiality were the same since the first non proper steps were done by Aurora (back in 2014). The rest of my post is of course, laughable, since all of the points touch the nerve (apparently non-deniable as well) that even your GM was eradicated from the game since he was one of the abusers. When your leader is a sheep - What is the rest of the guild?
    Just to make it clear: I didn't insult. Insult is what multiple of Aurora members like to do in-game. I simply pointed out, in a really polite way, the multiple cons of joining Aurora since you only pointed the benefits. If you want to look reliable make a proper self-evaluation. I thought that, as an educated person, you would learn that back in school where the teachers would invite you to do a honest self-evaluation. In fact, I will not even point out anything else since it appears that you're already sensitive and I don't want to break your feelings, however, be aware that truth always hurts.

About what you're pointing out - I won't get myself involved since that's something that I'm unaware and I don't want to take part of a trip into staff bashing.
    Funny how you again can only point to individuals and not the guild, as if you have never raided in a guild where someone has broken the rules. Funny how Aurora streamed raid after raid for years on end and nobody made reports and got the guild banned. You have zero ability or evidence to put forth a repeated and demonstrative pattern of exploiting or circumvention of the rules. Feel free to post all the videos and screenshots you have that prove otherwise, though.

Also I do enjoy your feigned ignorance of who your GM is on these forums although I probably missed all the staff bashing since no staff posted in this thread.

When a rat is afraid of a needle he tends to run - That's an old quote that applies perfectly in here.
    That's not really a quote at all, it's probably a colloquialism from whatever your primary language is since that is absolutely not an English colloquialism. Perhaps it carries a different connotation in that language, it certainly loses a lot in translation.

123 ... Last