1. May 9, 2016  

Why is battleground honor rates and exp nerfed?

It's time to reactivate "blizzlike" honor and exp rates to attract more people into lower level battlegrounds. On a 1x server, it is vital that levelling options remain as varied as possible and eliminating PvP just forces many of us to level through quest routes that we've done many a time.

My main question is what is the rationale for nerfing honor and BG exp?

2. May 9, 2016  
    Most likely to promote the pve bosses in raids that have enhanced stats and are more challenging, while also avoiding honor farming abusers (just look at the amount of pve-abusers like powerlevellers etcetera. I'm sure if honor was normalized we'd see a lot more of that in pvp too).

Besides, if you want "blizzlike" then twinks should have their own brackets so that normal players actually can play a game or two and enjoy it.

3. May 9, 2016  
    Well, at level 80 the honor rates aren't nerfed and people still manage to do raids/instances as well. Why can the same not be applied to lower levels? Whether I want to do WSG/AB or run Sunken Temple, I should be rewarded for my time either way. You don't need to promote PvE in a supposed, I'm highly doubtful, 12k server; there will by natural averages be plenty of people who will do PvE and raids/instances will be filled.

Moreover, by your slippery slope logic we should nerf PvE to the ground so there aren't any PvE-abusers left? That's not how you tackle a problem.

The twink argument is a legitimate one but if you made levelling via PvP a reality or increased the honor rates, which in the past it has been on other private servers, you will see many people queue up regardless of the few twinks there are. If I'm getting owned, at least this way I'm being rewarded a ring/trinket/half a level for my time in comparison to 100 exp and 20 honor.

4. May 10, 2016  
    My "slippery slope logic"? Haha. I'm just throwing out possible reasons for why Warmane nerfed the rates - I have no definitive answers for you. I'm sure Mercy, Palutena or someone else in the staff know the reasons behind it.

Besides, half a level from one battleground is just silly and too much.

5. May 10, 2016  
    Yea, ideally I want one of the warmane staff to reply.

And me not knowing the exp rates for WoTLK PvP is besides the point :P

6. May 10, 2016  
    Yea I agree, I don't understand why the rates would be changed on a completely blizzlike server.

It's quiet annoying.

7. May 10, 2016  
    Yea I agree, I don't understand why the rates would be changed on a completely blizzlike server.

It's quiet annoying.
    Except that this realm isn't blizzlike in several major ways - this being one of them. It's promoted as a "hardcore" realm.

8. May 10, 2016  
    I already created like 10 threads with same question as OP.
    No one actually cares about pvp on lordaeron. Pve carebears are ok, they are not fighting. This community is pathetic, when you're killing someone in world pvp they just relog and pm you with something like "why you are touching me? I just want to do my quests".
    Pvp is dead here.

9. May 12, 2016  
    It's so frustrating to win a 10vs10 man WSG or Arathi Basin and get only 100 honor.Like dealing with ignorant players that hate PvP isn't enough,we have to suffer because Warmane hates low level PvPers and casual players that enjoy doing BGs.
    Why Warmane?Why are you doing this? At least give us a reply in which you let us know why are you doing this or admit it's a mistake and fix it. It's really disappointing.

10. May 13, 2016  
    It's so frustrating to win a 10vs10 man WSG or Arathi Basin and get only 100 honor.Like dealing with ignorant players that hate PvP isn't enough,we have to suffer because Warmane hates low level PvPers and casual players that enjoy doing BGs.
    Why Warmane?Why are you doing this? At least give us a reply in which you let us know why are you doing this or admit it's a mistake and fix it. It's really disappointing.
    Even worse, the lack of exp/honor means that most BGs are 4v3 or below the minimum requirement for more than a 5 minute game. It's ridiculous. I think it may be time to add a "BG announcer" and a "Queued tracker" onto the realm which shouts when a certain BG has begun to promote others joining and tells you how many horde/alliance more needed to queue. It may be custom but the realm is not a blizzclone but blizzlike in many other aspects. This can only be a positive addition.

11. May 13, 2016  
    Even worse, the lack of exp/honor means that most BGs are 4v3 or below the minimum requirement for more than a 5 minute game. It's ridiculous. I think it may be time to add a "BG announcer" and a "Queued tracker" onto the realm which shouts when a certain BG has begun to promote others joining and tells you how many horde/alliance more needed to queue. It may be custom but the realm is not a blizzclone but blizzlike in many other aspects. This can only be a positive addition.
    No EXP from BGs was a realm design decision from the get-go I believe.

Are you sure the honor rates are really non-blizzlike for the lower brackets?

They are talking about the same issue in this thread here:
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=329457
    and they seem to have come to the conclusion that they are in fact blizzlike...

12. May 13, 2016  
    Call to Arms starts half of a day later and ends sooner Sunday instead of Monday,honor rates from 20 to 69 are shrunk,experience from battlegrounds is reduced and yet we are told that everything is fine and just like Fel Iron was(from 6h respawn to 10minutes-I've tested it).
    PvP is discouraged by such shady measures,it's such a shame.

13. May 13, 2016  
    Call to Arms starts half of a day later and ends sooner Sunday instead of Monday,honor rates from 20 to 69 are shrunk,experience from battlegrounds is reduced and yet we are told that everything is fine and just like Fel Iron was(from 6h respawn to 10minutes-I've tested it).
    PvP is discouraged by such shady measures,it's such a shame.
    Shady measures? I've seen staff openly write in the forum that honor rates are nerfed here. Got any more conspiracy theories?

14. May 13, 2016  
    Shady measures? I've seen staff openly write in the forum that honor rates are nerfed here. Got any more conspiracy theories?
    Lies ! There's a hot topic on Lordaeron's page,where a staff member states that everything regarding honor rates is blizzlike and there's nothing modified here.