1. May 9, 2016  
    Does this mean that the "Require authenticator for this rank" checkbox in guild control works now?
    would really like this answered

2. May 9, 2016  
    What about forum access without entering 2 step authentication code on website? Currently it's not required to enter forum. That's also important since someone who manages to log on the account but doesn't enter the code is able to log on forum. And posting specific stuff on forum could get forum account and probably ingame account banned.

3. May 9, 2016  
    About few minutes ago I wanted to log on and of course noticed 2step auth enabled within game client BUT somehow my codes are not accepted and I am having the same issue every single time upon logging on. Before you ask: yes, I double checked my pass and auth code are typed correctly however something is still not right, because whenever I click on 'login' I have message, quote:
    "The information you have entered is not valid. Please check the spelling of the account name and password".
    Funny thing is that I managed to log on my account on main website but game client rejects every single code from authenticator. @Proterean: have you got any ideas what's going on and how to solve that issue? I'd be happy for suggestions/ideas and help, much appreciated. Regards, Cuteemagee

4. May 9, 2016  
    Well thats some nice stuff! We now have 100% control over our accounts and any sort of "hacked" accounts are now entirely up to a person that owns the account.
    Thanks for this one, extremly usefull!

5. May 9, 2016  
    You can also expect it to be not so rigorous as we implement the system which remembers you so you won't have to authenticate every time you log in.
    Will this be live as well or do we have to wait for this to be updated?

6. May 9, 2016  
    Never-mind, should have known it wouldn't be ready yet, having to use the code EVERYTIME SUCKS! so forced to deal with that well intended update that is half ready or just remove authentication.

7. May 9, 2016  
    About few minutes ago I wanted to log on and of course noticed 2step auth enabled within game client BUT somehow my codes are not accepted
    how many digits is the code?

8. May 10, 2016  
    I am having the exact same issue...
    Shall i assume this great idea, is not working properly yet?

9. May 10, 2016  
    Same as usual, 6 lol.

Edit: after disabling 2 step auth on my account I could log on without any problems but when I enabled it back (of course I had to put the code to verify @ first website log on which, again lol, was accepted) it still does not accept the codes provided by google authenticator application on my phone. Quite weird, isn't it ?

10. May 10, 2016  
    Greetings Warmane community,
    Across all expansions, users will be able to enable two factor authentication and they will be greeted by this window:

Spoiler: Show

Spoiler: Show

How about some stability improvements so we don't have to type the code every time the realm crashes or random disconnects occur? Also, how is the 2-factor authentication going to help us overcome several of the bugs(that reached 100+ priority on the bugtracker several weeks ago) that make end-game PvE unplayable?

11. May 10, 2016  
    How about some stability improvements so we don't have to type the code every time the realm crashes or random disconnects occur? Also, how is the 2-factor authentication going to help us overcome several of the bugs(that reached 100+ priority on the bugtracker several weeks ago) that make end-game PvE unplayable?
    I don't see how this post or this comment, which is obviously snarky, helps or contributes to the thread at all. You disregarded the fact that different people work in different departments, this being the work of mainly people who work on the website and on server core functionality and the 'backstage' stuff that enables the realms to be even online.

Warmane, as a project and as a whole is not a collective of people with entirely the same skill sets that should be just focusing on same kinds of bugs. Different people work on different things and perhaps for a chance you should be grateful for improvements, advancements that happen all around. We are not stagnating, we always move forward in any way possible for us to go.

12. May 10, 2016  
    Same as usual, 6 lol.

Edit: after disabling 2 step auth on my account I could log on without any problems but when I enabled it back (of course I had to put the code to verify @ first website log on which, again lol, was accepted) it still does not accept the codes provided by google authenticator application on my phone. Quite weird, isn't it ?
    Just re-sync the authenticator, it's probably not timed well.

13. May 10, 2016  
    This is so ****ing ******ed... I lost everything... can't log in on my account cuz it got blocked and guess what... now I can't log ingame cuz aunthenticator app all I get are invalid code cuz I had to reset my phone data.... Thanks Proterean

14. May 10, 2016  
    This is so ****ing ******ed... I lost everything... can't log in on my account cuz it got blocked and guess what... now I can't log ingame cuz aunthenticator app all I get are invalid code cuz I had to reset my phone data.... Thanks Proterean
    You can remove two factor authentication by using the retrieve page, if you're unable to do this procedure, feel free to e-mail [email protected]

15. May 10, 2016  
    I don't see how this post or this comment, which is obviously snarky, helps or contributes to the thread at all. You disregarded the fact that different people work in different departments, this being the work of mainly people who work on the website and on server core functionality and the 'backstage' stuff that enables the realms to be even online.

Warmane, as a project and as a whole is not a collective of people with entirely the same skill sets that should be just focusing on same kinds of bugs. Different people work on different things and perhaps for a chance you should be grateful for improvements, advancements that happen all around. We are not stagnating, we always move forward in any way possible for us to go.
    With all due respect, Mr. Proterean, both of you have a point. What you are saying is true, and also what he is saying is true. There have been several cases of game-breaking bugs not being mentioned (I'm not saying fixed, at least keep us updated about progress on issues) even in changelog notes, or cases of changelog saying "<insert bug here> has been fix" yet it still happens. Nobody knows what the devs are working on, or even if they're working at all. Fixes for most of the present bugs have been on github for months. It's not that hard to adapt code from one core to another. It is time-consuming, however, I'll give them that.

However, this is a huge step forward. As far as I know, no other private server has a working two-factor authentication method. And the DW+Ragna merge is insanely awesome. Not to mention the creation, development and evolution of Lordaeron. Lordaeron is, at the moment, the best WOTLK realm running, as well as the closest to 'blizzlike'. One year and a few months ago, Warmane (Molten at that time) lost everything, and in this one year & few months we have a server that is a lot better than Molten ever was. The progress is, indeed, amazing.

First 1234 Last