1. May 10, 2016  

Can we get Alterac Valley off the bg que cycle?

I am guessing that I am not the only one here who absolutely hates Alterac Valley, at least if you look at the amount of people instantly leaving and afking in there. Yet, it seems to be the most "popular" battleground that pops up.

Would it be possible to do one of the following:

1. Ban Alterac Valley for good.

2. Reduce the chance of Alterac Valleys comming up

3. Insert a feature, where people could ban one battleground of their choosing.

To show your support comment here and tell us which of the choices you would prefer and why, or suggest another solution.

Lets hope that if we get enough comments, Warmane would do something about this. (And that they wont delete this post instantly)

Izlul (Lulzi)

2. May 10, 2016  
    +

People who dont like AV could queue for specific bg but it seems thats not working so everyone is forced to queue randombg and get into AV 90% of the time :D

3. May 10, 2016  
    I personally think all three of these requests are ridiculous. I personally want to ban my cell phone bill every month or reduce the chance it has of costing more than $0.00. Alterac valley is very important part of the game, and it's not going anywhere anytime soon. My solution for you would be to que a specific battleground or read the article here and que accordingly. I don't believe warmane would just up and disable AV because a few people don't find it as enjoyable as another BG like WSG or EotS. also there is a feather called a 'poll' in which you can select answers and other people can vote on each idea, that would be much more effective than asking for replies of which choice people would rather have.

4. May 10, 2016  
    And if you que for specific BG you wont get the daily bonus. I don't have any issues on going to AV every now and then, but right now, it seems to be the only BG comming up. Couple days ago I somehow got WSG and remembered that playing battlegrounds can actually be enjoyable. Well still praying for another one to pop up.

5. May 10, 2016  
    Well than my advice to you would be to click the link in my last post and que for BG that way. Good think AV is my favorite BG, Huh?

6. May 10, 2016  
    The thing is, that because Alterac Valley is somehow comming more often than the other battlegrounds, even if there wouldn't be enough people for it. And because people often leave from it, those macros wont help you. Also, because Alterac Valley is often the only battleground that is up, you don't have a chance of getting any other battleground.

7. May 10, 2016  
    I am with you. Or at least they should make it so once AV pop up it wont pop up again for 1 or 2 hours. make a CD for it. Because getting that BG 3+ times in a row is a pain.

I don't believe warmane would just up and disable AV because a few people don't find it as enjoyable as another BG like WSG or EotS.
    They banned RDF because a few people dont find it enjoyable. The PVP community could use a bit of attetion too.

8. May 10, 2016  
    I am with you. Or at least they should make it so once AV pop up it wont pop up again for 1 or 2 hours. make a CD for it. Because getting that BG 3+ times in a row is a pain.

They banned RDF because a few people dont find it enjoyable. The PVP community could use a bit of attetion too.
    Why are you spewing nonsense about rdf? It wasn't even in wotlk until later. I made many friends back in retail long before rdf because we had find people manually, organize and get to the dungeon together.
    Rdf made it a one-click button botter/zombie-fest. When I played on DW people didn't say a single thing most of the time when using RDF, often they randomly left too bugging the daily reward which meant the rest of the players had to abandon the whole dungeon which sucked if we were saved to it and needed badges.
    If you want RDF so badly go play on Icecrown when it's out, or one of the crap expansions.

9. May 10, 2016  
    i'm not even 80 yet and quite often atleast from 5/5/16----5/9/16 they are in alterac velly very,VERY, often and optimisticly complain about it.

There are certain achievements you can only do from doing all the BG's, so i'd very much like to do some of those. This is also one of the few private server that ACTUALLY RUNS A.V. so that's an accomplishment on dev team level. STILL. it pops far too often and yes, people have afk'd in there on retail and many other servers because there is a relatively safe place to do so.

10. May 10, 2016  
    Why are you spewing nonsense about rdf? It wasn't even in wotlk until later. I made many friends back in retail long before rdf because we had find people manually, organize and get to the dungeon together.
    Rdf made it a one-click button botter/zombie-fest. When I played on DW people didn't say a single thing most of the time when using RDF, often they randomly left too bugging the daily reward which meant the rest of the players had to abandon the whole dungeon which sucked if we were saved to it and needed badges.
    If you want RDF so badly go play on Icecrown when it's out, or one of the crap expansions.
    This isn't about RDF, its about AV. I was just telling that person that if they banned RDF for PvE players they could also do something about PvP and make it more "enjoyable". Anyways, if you are playing on a realm with RDF enabled you are NOT forced to use it, you can make your own group and travel there you know? Chill.

11. May 10, 2016  
    I understand that people want to do achievements, and they should be able to do so. The issue is that most people want to play other battlegrounds as well and at the moment, Alterac Valley is popping way too often.

As they have it working, maybe banning it completly wouldn't be the solution, but cooldown on it, reducing the chance on it comming or the option of banning battlegrounds could be a solution.

12. May 10, 2016  
    This isn't about RDF, its about AV. I was just telling that person that if they banned RDF for PvE players they could also do something about PvP and make it more "enjoyable". Anyways, if you are playing on a realm with RDF enabled you are NOT forced to use it, you can make your own group and travel there you know? Chill.
    I am sorry that I have to drop a message about RDF on this. If you are playing a realm with RDF enabled you will BE forced to use it. Yes you can make your own group and travel, but even tho many people don't want it, there will always be such a huge part that will make others again to use it.
    Also having RDF enabled, will make some people get a lot more exp, gold and tokens than others.

But back to topic. I think it would be a great idea to atleast lower the chance to get AV. I don't think we should fully remove it, since there will be still people that enjoy that BG too. I do not know how difficult it will be to do anything like this, but it would be great in my opinion.

Maybe not a good idea, but what about doing as WG? Have a CD just as that, but shorter? Maybe one hour?

And to the people that say "just queue a specific BG". Then we will lose the bonus honor/arena points.

13. May 11, 2016  
    I agree, it's horrible and not a lot of people understand how to play it and it just ends in getting dominated as no one seems to listen and when you do try and inform people what to do, all you get is trash talked. it's the most toxic bg in the que system. I'd be okay with just removing it.

14. May 11, 2016  
    NO, NO NO AND NO.

I love A.V., in fact is my favourite bg, and it shouldn't be disabled just because a bunch of criers don't like it.

15. May 11, 2016  
    Well, as we have talked about, the solution wouldn't necessarily be disabling Alterac Valley completly, but something should be done.

Best solutions in my opinion would either be having a cooldown on it or letting people ban battlegrounds they don't want to play.

12 Last