1. May 11, 2016  

Best weapon for Shadow Priest with vote points

Hello, I recently made 30 vote points on my account, and I want to get a weapon for my shadow priest with them. I'm not really sure which one is the best though. This is the first time I'm playing a shadow priest. My main goal is playing PvP.

I see that Archus, Greatstaff of Antonidas is the most expensive one, but I'm not sure it's the best, since I've inspected many full wrathful priests and I've never seen it so far.

My options in the store are limited (e.g. no wrathfuls can be bought with vote points).

As far as I can see Archus, Greatstaff of Antonidas, Nibelung and Dying Light seem to be my best options.

Thanks in advance.

2. May 12, 2016  
    Hi, staffs are not what you want as a shadow priest. There are some that serve a decent function as you are gearing in pve but endgame bis for spriests of pve or pvp spec is a one-hander and an off-hand. The Royal Scepter of Terenas is almost always the choice for pvp(it is bis for pve) although it's not unheard of to see someone take the 277 wrathful 1h. Vote that in and go with the furious OH to start.

3. May 12, 2016  
    Archus will give you the most bang for the buck tho, however it`s what Dongwise said. Crit is a very poor spriest pvp stat, tho

4. May 13, 2016  
    Thanks a lot for the information. I will go for The Royal Scepter and the OH.

5. June 1, 2016  
    I spent a lot of time pouring over gear lists and playing with different items in various slots when WoTLK was still the current expansion back in 2010. Sadly the only time a staff was viable in WoTLK was during Ulduar before the release of ToC. Dongwise is correct in regards to the Royal Scepter as the best weapon you can obtain for shadow priests through vote point.

With this in mind, be aware that you'll likely end up quickly replacing that weapon if you can obtain a heroic Frozen Bonespike (2nd BiS weapon) from Marrowgar in ICC 25.

6. June 4, 2016