1. May 14, 2016  

BG queue healers balancing doesnt work?

Can anyone please explain me, whats the actual purpose of Tank, heal, dps selection on BG queue?

Because from like last 50BGS i can see that alliance allways has like 3-4 healers, while horde has 1 max 2 in most case, for example now i just started and finished fresh BG where Horde had ZERO Healers, i inspected players one by one, they where all DPS!

Isnt queue system supposed to balance things out?I mean thats the whole purpuse of Spec selection.

Something is definitely wrong here.

EDIT:
    Everyone please read the BLUE quote from this blizzard post

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/18300187427#2

The matchmaking system is supposed arange players according to which spec player curently uses at the moment on pressing accept on bg QUEUE

So if you queued as DPS and Heal, and you press ACCEPT while in Heal spec, you should be sorted as healer, same thing as if you where in DPS spec...

I think this is the part thats not properly implemented on this server and causes this unbalancing all the time, read the part where it says "The goal isn't necessarily to ensure that every single game has 3 healers, it's just to make sure that it doesn't match a team with 4 healers up against a team who only has 1.

This is exactly what happens on this server, plenty of times theres 4 healers vs 1 on other team..
    Edited: May 14, 2016

2. May 14, 2016  
    You know this doesnt actually work on retail like this either?

I've gotten into plenty BGs where we have no healer and they have 5 or the other way around.

Take this for instance.. we had 2 healers.. they had 4.
    Spoiler: Show

or how about 1healer vs 5 healers.
    Spoiler: Show

Point is the system doesnt even work on retail, even less so on warmane where there are limited people in que, and more premades.

3. May 14, 2016  
    Since when DKs and Hunters count as healers(spec) or How do you know which ones from that pic are healers?For example I just finished BG, as horde, and was at TOP healers list, and im Retribution paladin lol, and that happens quite often, and that doesnt make me healers, it just proves the point if DPS is top healer, means there are no actual healers(spec) in BG on that side.

4. May 14, 2016  
    Since when DKs and Hunters count as healers(spec) or How do you know which ones from that pic are healers?For example I just finished BG, as horde, and was at TOP healers list, and im Retribution paladin lol, and that happens quite often, and that doesnt make me healers, it just proves the point if DPS is top healer, means there are no actual healers(spec) in BG on that side.
    Do you even understand how to 1: Read an actual scoreboard, you know Damage DONE as a healer is going to be a lot lower generally than their healing output, 2: Look at the HPS on my Recount (Right Window). 3: Look at BG targets addon for enemy team specs. Which goes off their actual spec they are currently.

OK let me give you a list of the healer in each screenshot to save you the effort.
    1:
    Friendly: Exile, Prophetess
    Enemy: Deneran, Lumaraa, Hafar, Drudd

2:
    Friendly: Sherazi
    Enemy: Celeb, Eibhilin, Kawnflex, Taea, Ajica

/facepalm

5. May 14, 2016  
    Well, it might happen* even on retail, but here is absurd man, its way off, dont see whats wrong if gets tweaked/adjusted, maybe its not even properly implemented?

6. May 14, 2016  
    LOl where on 2nd pic you see 5 healers?Are you crazy man?Lets assume IM complete ***** and Please name those 5 healers in pic
    On the right side of the picture, you see 5 people marked as healer. Perhaps its bugged, so one way to check would be to look for those names on the scoreboard. First we count how many alliance players are on the scoreboard, there are 10.

The 5 missing players on the scoreboard are those exact 5 people.

Finally, notice that the scoreboard is sorted by damage.

It isn't 100% proof that there were 5 healers, but the evidence is pretty damning indeed.

7. May 14, 2016  
    On the right side of the picture, you see 5 people marked as healer. Perhaps its bugged, so one way to check would be to look for those names on the scoreboard. First we count how many alliance players are on the scoreboard, there are 10.

The 5 missing players on the scoreboard are those exact 5 people.

Finally, notice that the scoreboard is sorted by damage.

It isn't 100% proof that there were 5 healers, but the evidence is pretty damning indeed.
    Yea, i edit my posts, i actualy had TV window exactly on point where hes pic with healers was so i didint see it :)

Sorry about that one.

8. May 14, 2016  
    Yea, i edit my posts, i actualy had TV window exactly on point where hes pic with healers was so i didint see it :)

Sorry about that one.
    No need to apologize, we all make mistakes :)

On topic, it's tough when there are too few healers on your team, but the only way to fix that is to find healers on global and make a premade with 2-3 healers. This way you guarantee yourself a good game :)

9. May 14, 2016  
    Because; you can respec during prep phase.

10. May 15, 2016  
    It just comes down to one thing really, horde just have a lot less healers queuing bgs than allys, of course sometimes we have more (very occasionally) but mostly ally always have at least one usually 2-3 and often ive seen upto 4 5 or 6, most horde random bgs we are lucky to have one or two and as pointed out already often there will be none.

11. May 15, 2016  
    Hahaha. Dont come up with excuses like this please. A smart matchmaker will never happen because you guys cant get your head out of the "blizzlike" policy.
    Even IF they can respec during the warmup it would be a HUGE improvement to BGs quality.

12. May 15, 2016  
    Now that u mentioned it, you should be NOT able to switch spec unless you selected that one for queue, i remeber this even when i played on retail.If you select only Damage for queue, your unable to swap to healer or tank even during preparation phase .On our server you can switch to anything regardless of selection ..
    As one user also explains also here as a proof..
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...the_countdown/

Not to mention later even Blizzard in later patches even added forced spec switching, so if your even currently in DPS spec, but you queued in DPS and Heal, game will switch you to heal and u wont be able to switch back.This just proves how important healer balancing for BG is on retail.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20352585178
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...n-entering-bgs

Tho i dont even think that the switching part matters much , i doubt anyone even switches on this server due instant queues and all, but still BG queue system is a bit unbalanced and i hope it can be improved a bit/adjusted to this private server.
    Edited: May 15, 2016

13. May 15, 2016  
    Very good point. you should copy paste this to suggestions as this does look BLIZZLIKE. lol

edit: nevermind, looks like a WOD feature... 1 year old thread.
    Edited: May 15, 2016

14. May 15, 2016  
    Yes, its WOD feature, as i said, its just to point out how healer balacing is important, even if we are not running WOD, admins could adjust things to better suit this private server, some compromises needs to be done, you cant run everything as on Retail when this is not Retail server..

15. May 15, 2016  
    as already said, anything not blizzlike is ditched into the bin without even thinking about it.

12 Last