1. May 15, 2016  

Murder of crows

so should i drop crows and fervor for thrill and blink now that we're on 5.4.8? or is crows doing more dmg then those still even without the retail bug of crows proccing our mastery? or is it still proccing our mastery here?

2. May 15, 2016  
    If you need to use murder of crows as a hunter, I think you probably should play another class.

Spoiler: Show
    I use Lynx Rush

3. May 15, 2016  
    I would go for Thrill of the hunt, i see Fervor like more of a situational talent although Fervor was more appealing when we still had readiness... and thrill of the hunt has a fairly high proc rate which helps with the focus starvation

Murder of crows i have not toched this talent here on warmane but played a little with in on retail and yeah its a fairly nice talent (except for classess with immunities ) but what turned me down on it was the focus cost and cooldown... while blink is instant damage and gets your pet on the target asap ( good for bm ) or to apply some sort of cc to a target when needed

but thats my opinion i would say try playing around with the talents and see what fits your needs best

4. May 15, 2016  
    as Duran said i use thrill of the hunt too because i have enough haste and then idk what to do with focus which is all time on 120 :) and procing on this talent is really good so try it

5. May 15, 2016  
    u guys don't seem to understand. pre 5.4.8, murder of crows was the best talent of it's tier because it [unintentionally, both here and retail] proc'd our mastery, causing overall increase in dmg. i played a lil today, first time in several months, and as expected in 5.4.8, the bug is gone [it was gone in 5.4.8 on retail too]. however, due to random warmane bugs, i was asking if either of the 2 talents are bugged in some way. fervor was taken to make up for the op focus cost, not generally taken unless using crows.

oo n btw, i only pvp

6. May 15, 2016  
    U personally use Fervor in PvE and Thrill of the Hunt in PvP. This is mainly because I play Survival in PvP and the 40 focus multishot is too much sometimes. Even if I play MM in PvP the constant preasure you can do with Arcane only costing 10 focus is great. In PvE as you don't have to move that much you focus more on your rotation andnthe 50 instant focus you get for an extra Aimed shot i priceless. But as someone already mentioned - try everything yourself and choose what best fits your gameplay.

7. May 16, 2016  
    I used Crows because it's added pressure. I set up serpent sting. And the reduced healing sting then pop all my Cds and crows and I kill any healer. I like thrill of the hunt because the arcane shot increases damage with the 4 set for pvp. It's nice to fire off a few quick arcane shots the a steady then chimera and repeat

8. May 16, 2016  
    I play MM and go for TotH and Blink Strikes in PvP.

Crows and Blink Strikes don't deal vastly different damage in 30s after the Wild Quiver proc fix (checked at 522 ilvl 2 weeks before). Before fix, Crows was clearly better in damage but that was a bug. For MM, Blink Strikes is better because it lets you CC properly (if you macro petfollow with breakable CCs). Crows break your Scatter and Traps even with Solace glyph. Not sure, but I believe Lynx Rush does the same. Hence I go for Blink Strikes. You might have to fiddle with macros a bit more if you're going Blink Strikes, however it wont slow you down once familiarized.

In TotH vs Fervor, TotH is better as it gives you more flexibility like killing shaman totems. If you prioritize your rotation around TotH proccs, it can even outperform Fervor in damage. Also, you won't need to worry about keeping the set bonus buff up (since it always will be), and it's one less keybind to press. Add to this that Fervor is only really useful when used with Crows and you should get why TotH is preferred.

The advantage of TotH & BS over Fervor & Crows becomes more apparent in arena and duels where control is supreme to MM. In casual BGs, either talent set can perform well. Good luck, hunter!

9. May 16, 2016  
    finally someone else aware of the retail crows bug :P i'm actually a multiclasser, priest on retail though. but yea i was just wondering how the talents were fairing specifically on warmane nowadays, i already know their applications :)

10. May 17, 2016  
    Then you should be aware that they fixed TotH now and it procs on cast instead on hit, because before you could basically spam multishot and always have procs of TotH. Now you need to use the procs more carefully.