1. May 18, 2016  
    I disagree for pvp, and I've tried the major alternatives. They were even buggier than Warmane.

I know the one you're probably thinking of for Cata, and it's a good server for pve and leveling, but it's worse than Warmane for pvp. Plus, you'd have to spend a long time leveling and gearing to even try out the max level pvp there. I like being able to hit the ground running at Warmane. Cata is really a pvp expansion anyway. You see very few people who look back on Cata as a pve golden era, but I've talked to a lot of pvpers who look at Cata that way.

As far as MoP, there's one server that gets a lot of hype but is horribly buggy in my experience. And Warmane is quickly improving on MoP.
    the cata one is not buggier than warmanes, the only difference is nobody there cares for pvp. its all fine and fixed its just that only a small fraction of those players who are there are interested in pvp although the server is pvp, i got ganked only once while lvling on it with 1x xp. if the pvp population would grow so would the pvp get bigger there.

and as for mop, i am probably speaking of a different one, the one i have in mind even has full working raidfinder(not some third party scripted system, the ingame blizzard ui raidfinder) and personal loot system and started releasing parts of the legendary questline.
    Edited: May 18, 2016

2. May 18, 2016  
    the cata one is not bugier than warmanes, the only difference is nobody there cares for pvp. its all fine and fixed its just that only a small fraction of those players who are there are interested in pvp although the server is pvp, i got ganked only once while lvling on it with 1x xp. if the pvp population would grow so would the pvp get bigger there.
    I agree, but the pvp scene isn't going to grow on that server because most pvpers don't like to level. I checked it out briefly, leveled a toon to like 20 and then said "forget this, I'll just play Warmane."

That leaves Warmane as the one Cata pvp server. That's reason enough to keep it around- they don't have to write any new code if they don't want to, works ok as is for pvp. Though they would get more players if some bugs were fixed of course.

3. May 18, 2016  
    I want the same thing as you do, but not in that way.

I am extremely disappointed from Mists of Pandaria, but i disagree, let's be serious, closing Cataclysm server? You realize that they spent much time working on it right? Mists of Pandaria too, they have spent time working on them, and loosing these 3000 players on Frostwolf and 1500-2000 players on Neltharion is not really helping them to become any more popular. For god's sake they are keeping Warsong running only because of these 150 players that are still playing there.

Warmane is known by it's success on Lordaeron, but closing Mists of Pandaria & Cataclysm servers, loosing these 4500+ players? that's not helping the community to become bigger at all, and it's a great risk to take, you are basically saying, remove these 4500 players from the game, and you will earn 10,000 new players. What if they replace Mists of Pandaria & Cataclysm servers with TBC & Vanilla and they have like 500-1000 players online? - Completely loss and waste of time.

There is only one way for this server to become more popular and bigger, that way is to keep working on what they have NOW
    I know that development is expensive, keeping the servers running is expensive, website is on paid hosting, that's expensive too. I know this stuff.

The only way this server to grow even more is to hire/change staff members, new developers, more people that may have access to Warmane's changelog page, so changelog can never be late, and be posted right on time. More expanding and fixing, more designing, listening to the community. And eventually, if there is enough money, they may open a TBC or Vanilla realm, just for the hope of gaining new players. I am not hating, this is the wrong way.

They should not remove any expansion.

Wish you all the best.
    Edited: May 18, 2016 Reason: Easier to read.

4. May 18, 2016  
    Well cata and mop are both trash so i agree with op. Also we need a Trump-esque leader to MAKE WARMANE GREAT AGAIN.

5. May 19, 2016  
    I want the same thing as you do, but not in that way.

I am extremely disappointed from Mists of Pandaria, but i disagree, let's be serious, closing Cataclysm server? You realize that they spent much time working on it right? Mists of Pandaria too, they have spent time working on them, and loosing these 3000 players on Frostwolf and 1500-2000 players on Neltharion is not really helping them to become any more popular. For god's sake they are keeping Warsong running only because of these 150 players that are still playing there.

Warmane is known by it's success on Lordaeron, but closing Mists of Pandaria & Cataclysm servers, loosing these 4500+ players? that's not helping the community to become bigger at all, and it's a great risk to take, you are basically saying, remove these 4500 players from the game, and you will earn 10,000 new players. What if they replace Mists of Pandaria & Cataclysm servers with TBC & Vanilla and they have like 500-1000 players online? - Completely loss and waste of time.

There is only one way for this server to become more popular and bigger, that way is to keep working on what they have NOW
    I know that development is expensive, keeping the servers running is expensive, website is on paid hosting, that's expensive too. I know this stuff.

The only way this server to grow even more is to hire/change staff members, new developers, more people that may have access to Warmane's changelog page, so changelog can never be late, and be posted right on time. More expanding and fixing, more designing, listening to the community. And eventually, if there is enough money, they may open a TBC or Vanilla realm, just for the hope of gaining new players. I am not hating, this is the wrong way.

They should not remove any expansion.

Wish you all the best.
    You're pretty naive if you think molten would lose people for closing the cata and mop realms. They would bring in 3 times the amount of people that play on those realms if they opened a Vanilla and TBC realm, Nostalrius alone had over 150k ACTIVE users and that's just 1 VANILLA PRIVATE SERVER, there's also MANY other vanilla realms, all of which have players that would undoubtedly come play here if given the option and don't even get me started on a TBC realm, People have been waiting years for a solid x1 TBC server to launch.

TLDR: If they were to launch a x1 Vanilla and TBC server tomorrow i guarantee you that within a few days those servers would be filled to the cap.

6. May 19, 2016  
    You're pretty naive if you think molten would lose people for closing the cata and mop realms. They would bring in 3 times the amount of people that play on those realms if they opened a Vanilla and TBC realm, Nostalrius alone had over 150k ACTIVE users and that's just 1 VANILLA PRIVATE SERVER, there's also MANY other vanilla realms, all of which have players that would undoubtedly come play here if given the option and don't even get me started on a TBC realm, People have been waiting years for a solid x1 TBC server to launch.

TLDR: If they were to launch a x1 Vanilla and TBC server tomorrow i guarantee you that within a few days those servers would be filled to the cap.
    Total agree with you, you said everything.

7. May 19, 2016  

You cannot be sure at all, and you can't compare. Nostalrius had no shop, was famous even on Youtube, nobody really said anything bad about it, and not so many haters, and everything was working. Molten has many haters, some people saying really bad things about our server, and there will for sure be people that just cancelled joining, because of hater's thoughts and sayings. Like it or not, Warmane is not going to close Mists of Pandaria & Cataclysm servers. Naive
    Edited: May 19, 2016

8. May 19, 2016  
    If u guys want to play vanilla or tbc simply go play somewhere else

9. May 19, 2016  
    Is there really so many people that havent done everything in those ancient expansions? Maybe im just old.

10. May 19, 2016  
    If u guys want to play vanilla or tbc simply go play somewhere else
    I agree.

Is there really so many people that havent done everything in those ancient expansions? Maybe im just old.
    I have never experienced Vanilla, but i did experience TBC, Cata, MoP and WoD, now i am experiencing WotLK and i think it's gonna be my favorite.

I want Warmane to open Vanilla & TBC servers, but not by closing Mists of Pandaria & Cataclysm.

11. May 19, 2016  
    its not about having done everything, its about the flair these expansions have and that they are build on the premise that nothing of substance/importance can be achieved alone, you could call them "true mmorpgs" with wotlk it started evolving in a glorified facebook game with lots bling bling alot of "whooosch" sounds you could say like something you hold in front of babys to attract their atention so they keep quiet.... no substance.

personally i believe one of the big points why lordaeron is so popular and big is the lack of rdf. it forces people to play the game instead of clicking a button and waiting to get stuff handed to them.

people always talk so bad about "elitism" in games, but THAT is the major drive factor because people want what they cant have and will put themselfs behind it, if you see that every schmuck and his dog can get more or less the same items as you by simply clicking a button and waiting wheres the motivation to do anything at all? and dont start "uh hurr durr play the game for fun" yes fun, wanting to achieve something that is not simply handed to you is part of the fun, as in working on your car, working on your home, working on whatever hobby you have, the same is true for working on your char.

its a game sure sure so blah blah it should not be "work" yes it god damn should be work. gaming is no less of a hobby than cars, mail stamps or whatever else there is. you work to have something even in your leisure time while occupiying your time with a hobby.

Though they would get more players if some bugs were fixed of course.
    they would probably get like 1/3 or 1/2 of every other mop/cata server out there if they would put as much effort into those expansions as they do with lordaeron. even though these expansions are not so liked by ignorant people that bash those constantly, these expansions have a massive following probably would get warmane 2 more servers with several thousands of players.
    Edited: May 19, 2016

First 12