1. May 10, 2016  

PvE content difficulty in the new core

We all know that Lordaeron has increased difficulty in PvE. Now I don't know what exactly. Is it only raid bosses or all dungeons together?

Everyone knows by now that the PvE content is actually hard to complete at this point, especially after being used to the braindead tank n spank from before.

What I'm wondering tho, is the difficulty blizzlike on DeathRag? I know we shouldn't be able to just breeze through FoS PoS by damn tanks are gettting slaughtered in few hits. Tried doing FoS on my fresh 80 with 3.3k gs. Our DPS was 4.2k or so with 20k hp, died to trash mobs in an instant.

So anyone with actual retail experience, is it supposed to be this way?

Also, are mobs supposed to chase you forever like this?

And I'm really surprised that you can't level weapons on dummies. I thought this was normal until I googled it.

The only xp I've had with wotlk before is like 2009 ****fest (which lasted until few weeks ago here) so I'm not quite used to seeing this.

2. May 11, 2016  
    I'm not really sure what you're asking.

Ragnaros and Deathwing do not use Lordaeron's content buff, they are intended to replicate the state of 3.3.5a.

You should not be able to do an ICC5 dungeon on your fresh tank at Blizzlike tuning unless you are getting carried by a geared Discipline priest to add a large amount of EHP. You will get destroyed, especially if you're not defense capped.

Mobs in dungeons never reset by running away, nor did they ever on the previous core. You could never level weapon skill on dummies on live.

3. May 11, 2016  
    Yeah, I think they buffed the dungeon/raid bosses and mobs hard enough.

We've done an Ulduar10 run with average of 6k gs people, XT-002 Deconstructor hard mode has increased its HP by 190% instead of 50%. And Yogg-Saron's add critted 6k dk dps for 47k. Which is really hard

4. May 11, 2016  

We've done an Ulduar10 run with average of 6k gs people, XT-002 Deconstructor hard mode has increased its HP by 190% instead of 50%. And Yogg-Saron's add critted 6k dk dps for 47k. Which is really hard
    If Ulduar has been buffed from live you should report it as a bug. Rag and DW are not supposed to use Lordaeron's tuned up raids.

5. May 11, 2016  

I know that the 'not-buffed' raids may be a part of the reason you're playing on dw/rag instead of lord, but come on...with 6k players you should not really complain about the hp/dmg buffs. The same XT hm has been killed by 4.2-4.4k groups on lordaeron.

6. May 11, 2016  
    I'm not really sure what you're asking.

Ragnaros and Deathwing do not use Lordaeron's content buff, they are intended to replicate the state of 3.3.5a.

You should not be able to do an ICC5 dungeon on your fresh tank at Blizzlike tuning unless you are getting carried by a geared Discipline priest to add a large amount of EHP. You will get destroyed, especially if you're not defense capped.

Mobs in dungeons never reset by running away, nor did they ever on the previous core. You could never level weapon skill on dummies on live.
    I was talking about world mobs.

So you are saying 5-6k tank getting his face smashed in 2 hits by first boss in PoS HC is the way it should be?

7. May 11, 2016  
    I think people should take it with a pinch of salt and get better at playing instead. Truth is, everything was way too easy before, but the general skill level/knowledge of the player base was very low to begin with.

Retail was something like 4.8k GS guild run getting insanity (average), 5.2-5.4k gs guild run getting lk10nm before 30%buff. Content was not easier, just player skill being better, and a stronger devotion to the cause. People would try up to 20-30 times in a pug if you were at LK.

8. May 11, 2016  
    I think people should take it with a pinch of salt and get better at playing instead. Truth is, everything was way too easy before, but the general skill level/knowledge of the player base was very low to begin with.

Retail was something like 4.8k GS guild run getting insanity (average), 5.2-5.4k gs guild run getting lk10nm before 30%buff. Content was not easier, just player skill being better, and a stronger devotion to the cause. People would try up to 20-30 times in a pug if you were at LK.
    or maybe elitists and tryhards should leave us, pple from rag and dw, alone and return to ur x1?

9. May 11, 2016  
    I was able to clear fos and pos as a fresh 80 on a 3.5kgs holy priest quite easily but I had all the rep gear and some some BoE blues so maybe if people rep farmed things would go a lot smoother instead of doing fos and pos with 2-3kgs.

10. May 11, 2016  
    Confirmed bug, affecting all content. Buffed PvE is supposed to be a LORDAERON specific feature, not present on the other realms.

https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/report/20915

11. May 11, 2016  
    or maybe elitists and tryhards should leave us, pple from rag and dw, alone and return to ur x1?
    ^ That answer was for the question OP asked about how it was like on retail, with reference to GS to note that it was just as hard, but not as impossible as OP made it sound. Your response clearly contributes greatly to this discussion.

No just piss off already since you're not helping. Just judging from your defensive response, your mentality is what makes pugging on dw/rag give people cancer.

12. May 12, 2016  
    ^ That answer was for the question OP asked about how it was like on retail, with reference to GS to note that it was just as hard, but not as impossible as OP made it sound. Your response clearly contributes greatly to this discussion.

No just piss off already since you're not helping. Just judging from your defensive response, your mentality is what makes pugging on dw/rag give people cancer.
    oke, i realised that u must be kind of telepath to make such claims out of forum posts lol. dude, if you enjoy handicapping yourself, it is u, who have "twisted/bad/******ed" mentality. chillout dude

13. May 13, 2016  
    I was talking about world mobs.

So you are saying 5-6k tank getting his face smashed in 2 hits by first boss in PoS HC is the way it should be?
    I am not sure where your tanks come from.... but I as a 5.3k tank don't have any problems at all in those dungeons. As long as you follow tactics.

14. May 13, 2016  
    I am not sure where your tanks come from.... but I as a 5.3k tank don't have any problems at all in those dungeons. As long as you follow tactics.
    to be fair it was the first day of new core on deathrag
    so it might have been tuned down

but again, when I made this post I had 20k hp ret pala in group (something like 4.3k gs) on fos normal, dude got 1 shotted second pack of mobs (after skeletons)

A lot of weird bugs are here since new core, together with Lordaeron stuff. For example, you don't heal up fully when you level up. Mobs chase you forever. Is that how its supposed to be? Still no answer.

I understand it wasn't supposed to be a 3k gs faceroll but idk about all that one shotting.

15. May 13, 2016  
    to be fair it was the first day of new core on deathrag
    so it might have been tuned down

but again, when I made this post I had 20k hp ret pala in group (something like 4.3k gs) on fos normal, dude got 1 shotted second pack of mobs (after skeletons)

A lot of weird bugs are here since new core, together with Lordaeron stuff. For example, you don't heal up fully when you level up. Mobs chase you forever. Is that how its supposed to be? Still no answer.

I understand it wasn't supposed to be a 3k gs faceroll but idk about all that one shotting.
    Mobs are supposed to follow you quite far, nothing buggy with it.
    As for the mobs, well most (if not all) hit way harder than bosses which is funny,because I could tank pos hc bosses as a ret pala,but I couldn't stand more than two mob hits... they crit 90% of the time.

12 Last