1. May 17, 2016  

Siege of Orgrimmar - strategy and community

So yesterday we tried to pass the first boss in SoO and failed miserably. The main problem we encountered is Swirl damage that basically one-shots anyone that comes in contact with but also the insane amount of damage that mobs who reach the centre do to the entire raid. We tried some tactics that we saw being discussed here on Warmane servers and the countless retail versions you can find online. After getting wiped by Swirl to many times we just decided to call it a day and try some other time. I then went online again trying to find anything that may help us next time. One of the guild members said that he saw a video on youtube from some alliance guild killing the first boss. Apparently they were all stacked throughout the fight and killed him with no problems whatsoever. I tried to find the video but I guess that they took it down because I could only find videos of 2. and 3. boss online with a bug report video of Immerseus from Paradigm guild. There are two explanations I could think of: either the guild took the video down so no one else could "steal" their tactic or Warmane told them to remove it - killing Immerseus while being stacked i nmy oppinion has to be some kind of exploit because stacking on this boss is something you should never do (if everything is working as it should).
    That got me thinking: I don't recall that I ever read a boss strategy here. There was one reply on some topic just after SoO was released with some tips on Immerseus and that is it. There are some videos online of ToT, ToT HC and as I mentioned before 2. and 3. SoO bosses. I know that writing strategies can be a pain in the *** and not everyone has the time or the will to do it. I am just wondering if this is due to people just not carring to write strategies on forums or are guilds deliberately keeping strategies to themselves? I actually don't really see the point for the last thing - especially after the realm first achivements are already gone.
    I don't want to point fingers at anyone and everyone has a right to do as they please. I just think that by sharing experiences we can strenghten the community a little bit more as we can clearly see that the numbers are slowly declining.

2. May 17, 2016  
    Yeah as of now unless you have crap tons of warlock in raid you cant kill it :D atleast thats how our guild does it. The adds ( Sha and contaminated puddle) moves too fast for other class to kill it..not to mention swirl one shotting anything that moves which cannot be predicted.. you prolly need some sacrifice to rng gods :D ..but yea...i know a couple of guilds have killed it flawlessly >.> + you need to have a good co-ordinated group and fully geared TOT normal or hc gears
    Edited: May 17, 2016

3. May 17, 2016  
    That tact of stacking could work 1week ago, when puddles didnt had correct ammount of hp. Its corrected now for both healing and dmging ones.. We in Vatican dont use any exploit nor we know for it we simply kill them. Trick is u assign ppl around a room for their "platform" to kill adds, however you need to explain ppl not to tunnel vision and if on their side there is 1 puddle while on other guys 6 which u will have hard time killing if u are not frost dk/hunter, its better to guy from platform that had 1 add run to help other guy cuz 1 puddle wont kill you but 3+ will. It can be chaos for sure since swirl can start on random positions. We deal with that having tank standin on like 9 o'clock from, raid at 6 and 1-2 melees on 3.. That way you have a chance to get on them and not ppl that are stacked. Other big issue, those purplish orbs on ground before he starts with castin swirl if u stand on them can give you debuff from swirl even if swirl is on opposite side of room. To remove it u need instead of runing forward go back to get debuff removed(to place where you got a debuff) and than cont forward. Debuff also can be cleaned my mage ice block,bubble.
    About a puddles. Remember you can use slows, snair like dk's howling blast and stuff,, but you cant use stuns,freezes cuz with using that boss will calculate like you killed a adds and will dmg you. From all this times we killed him we came to conclusion best dpsers for puddles are : Shadow priests, hunter with barrage, frost dk's,ele shamans and monks.. Mage's from our expirience are a bit trash there. Warlocks are good if on his platform puddles are stacked so u can rof and incinirate them all. Ill try to fraps this week this fight and share it to you.. Fights is quite challanging but fun in my way as long as ppl dont tunnelvision like horses, than fights become hard.. so 5 is bigger than 1 remmber that ;)

4. May 17, 2016  
    If you would've searched the forums a bit you would've found this post of mine. Anyways you meed very good dps, preferably ranged and people with good AoE, second you need very strong healers to overheal the swirl damage. This is usually how we do it. The stacking is easier for healer to heal everyone and you can basically overheal it, keep in mind you ofc dont stack right on top of each other but keep spread like 4-5 yards in one quadron of the room and move to next one when there's too much puddles on the ground.

Just some quick writing, hope it helps out, this is atleast how we did it <Evil Gummybears> and found the best way to encounter all the bugs. Also sorry for the bad english in advance :D Also too bad our recorder hasn't been with us on our kills but hopefully we'll have some videos soon up which will make things easier :)

During Active phase be fairly stacked up, move every 5 seconds from puddles spawning under you. After 3rd puddle boss will cast Swirl, pray to the RNG gods its not on the raid, else just keep running to either nipple or star depending on where he is casting it on. Move as a group during active phase.

Split phase, assign each and every player to one place of the room red/blue ones and healers evenly green ones. At the beginning boss will cast alot of black puddles that you need to kill asap. No stuns allowed or any form of CC’s on the blobs during this phase or boss will bug out and you need to go out and reset instance. Warrior charge, slows, freeze, roots, mind flay from priests and more abilities that has some kind of CC in it do not use it. The adds die in 1-2 hits so better nuke them down instead rather than CC’ing. After you are done with split phase stack back at your original point and just rinse and repeat.

Keep in mind 1st active phase boss should only cast 1 swirl use hero here and burst but DO NOT KILL BOSS WHILE HE IS CASTING SWIRL or he will bug out. Stop dps’ing once he is casting swirl and continue after it. At 2nd active phase boss will cast 2 swirls same here do not kill him while he is casting let him finish. At 3rd active phase slow down your dps because boss will have low hp and he will die during swirl cast and nuke it after he is done with swirl. At 4th active phase he will have around 20% HP just nuke him down before he starts casting swirl. 5th phase same as 4th and boss should be dead. The fight only gets easier after you finish 1-2 active phases which are the hardest ones.

Tell the raid to remove everything that has some kind of CC ability in it. As long as everyone keeps moving every 5 sec you are fine and if you manage to get permanent swirl debuff you can use an immunity to remove it, bubble, ice block etc.

Raid comp: 1 tank, ranged dps, 3 healers.

Edit: this is a an old post when he was even more bugged, even if they fixed some things it's basically the same strategy we use.
    Edited: May 17, 2016

5. May 17, 2016  
    I forgot about SoO. It isn't the same before official release, huh.

The first guy before and probably after release of soo was a major pain, we did practice runs months ago too, but over time we got better at beating this guy. Make example of snorkan's chart and make sure you have some GOOD geared people in the team.

6. May 17, 2016  
    @snorkan
    I mentioned you in my post but we tried your tactic and it didn't really work. I am not saying that the tactic is wrong I am just saying it didn't work for us. Also I was using the example of your post as the only post I have found on Immerseus tactics.
    Thanks to everyone for their posts. I hope this topic only becomes bigger with more contributions.

Today I tried soloing with my hunter. I didn't expect to get far but I wanted to check some things out without having to ask 9 more people just to stand there and take damage. Anyway I can confirm the post from Pigglerino that the blue/purple puddles that form just before he starts casting Swirl do damage (cca 70k dmg) but they become invisible when he starts casting. You need to basically remember where they formed and try not to run into them.
    Also I can confirm that you can deflect Corrosive Blast with hunters Deterance. I don't know if this is a bug or not so I apologise in advance if I am posting some kind of abuse. Maybe a stupid thing to add but you can't interupt or silence him while casting Corrosive Blast although it shows as an "interuptible casting bar". When we were doing the full SoO raid I managed to survive the puddles entering the centre by using Deterence so I guess all similar spells work aswell. The last thing is the Swirl damage - I basically let the boss kill me with Swirl a few times and every time it did somewhere between 150k and 180k damage.
    That's what I have for now. The next thing is to assamble a patient team to try and kill the fu**** :) A big thanks to everyone one more time.

7. May 17, 2016  
    Snorkan's guide is outdated since Immerseus and the other 3 bosses got updated a few days back and I'd suggest reading Piggly's post for more information.
    Let me explain.

The main thing that's incorrect in Snorkan's post is about 1-2 hitting adds. Don't depend on it since their health pools got corrected to around 200-300k if I'm not mistaken. Also, like Piggly said, the adds can be slowed, rooted, etc. but they can't be stunned, otherwise the add will automatically die and act as if the boss soaked it (meaning everyone gets damaged by 70-80k).

The other thing you should look out for is the stacking and healing. It's hard to do unless you have holy paladins or discipline priests to shield people up before Immerseus casts Swirl. The "easier" way of doing Swirl is just always look at where Swirl is being cast and move away from it (e.g. Swirl is being cast on your right side means you move left) but if Swirl is being cast directly on you just use immunities or Nitro Boosts/other speed boosts and try to outrun it. Though, be careful not to get the permanent damaging debuff by stepping on the purple circles. You just have to react extremely quickly. Preferably get someone to call out where Swirl is being targeted at. Side note - the bug about killing Immerseus while he's casting Swirl has also been fixed so no need to worry about that.

After that it's like both Piggly and Snorkan said - just assign each person to their part of the platform to heal/damage their respective adds so they don't reach the boss. Also like Piggly said the best classes for killing the adds would be Shadow Priests (SW:P them, then Cascade and then Mind Sear, preferably save up Mind Spike procs or 3 Shadow Orbs), Frost DKs (spam howling blasts, spread diseases) and Hunters (Multi Shot the center one of your pack then Barrage and continue spamming Multi Shot, preferably save up Bestial Wrath for extra burst).

As for healing the adds, the best classes would probably be Restoration Druids and Restoration Shamans, since they can heal multiple adds at once and for large chunks of health.

I would honestly like to write detailed guides for each boss in both ToT HC and SoO but seeing as how most of them are buggy and change every week, I don't see the point in doing that and besides that, you also have videos and Piggly and Snorkan writing on the forums about how to do Immerseus already.

8. May 20, 2016  
    So I am preparing a guild run next week. I wanted to ask if the damage/heal buff when you kill/heal the adds works? If it does I guess when they spawn everyone should try and stay close to them to get the buff and just run to the middle together with the adds. Assuming we do everything good and only full healed adds reach the center they do 30 000 damage per add. Is the damage managable with defensive cooldowns or do healers need to use their healeing cooldowns?
    My idea is that the raid should do the first and second adds with defensive cooldowns and then the rest with healing cooldowns. This is because the less corruption the boss has more Contaminated Puddles he spawns and less Sha Puddles (for every 4 points he has he spawns a Sha Puddle, for every 4 points he looses he spawns a Contaminated Puddle). This means that assuming we kill all the Sha Puddles we will still take 30 000 damage from every fully healed Contaminated Puddle (Purified Puddle) that reaches the centre - and at the "last phase run" that can potentially be deadly.
    So basically I am trying to figure out what is the best timing to use defensive/healing cooldowns.
    Also I know that some defensive AoE and self spells work for the add damage - I can always survive with deterence for example and I take almost no damage.

Regarding the purple circles - do they move like on retail, because here you only see them just before he casts Swirl. After that they become invisible. On retail they look like some kind of black water seeping in the air and it moves a little bit arounf the room. Do they move here?
    And if I understood correctly to remove the debuff you need to go back where you got the debuff? Are Ice Block and Bubble only spells that remove the debuff?

9. May 21, 2016  
    From what I know, both the damage and healing buffs work, so it's definitely worth soaking them to help deal with the adds, especially since the damaging add movement speed is so fast.

Cooldown usage is really dependant on your dps. If you can kill enough black adds, you probably won't need the defensive cd's and you'll just be able to save them for later split phases but if you can't kill enough in time (4+ make it through), then you should 100% use some defensives in the first and/or second split phase. And the 30k damage from healing adds isn't really that big in the later split phases. Once you've killed all the big ones, just stack up somewhere near your starting point (where you start the fight) and maybe use a raid-wide defensive or just ask for some heals. The healing adds move at irregular speeds, meaning they'll reach the boss at seperate times, meaning you can just heal through it most of the time.

And about the purple circles, I honestly have no idea how they move but I speculate that they just circle around their original spawn point so just try to remember where they originally spawned and you should be fine. And about removing the debuff, uhhh, well, just use an immunity like Ice Block or bubble, I don't think you can remove them by going to the spot you get the debuff from.

10. May 21, 2016  
    so Immerseus still not fixed? lel gg warmane. i wonder what Spark is doing
    Edited: May 21, 2016

11. May 22, 2016  
    He is not fixed but it is doable. You just need to find the right strategy. You have to combine the retail strategy and add some of your own that adapts to the bugged situations. Some ToT bosses are still bugged like Durumu but with the help of the community and patience everyone can do it.

12. May 23, 2016  
    so Immerseus still not fixed? lel gg warmane. i wonder what Spark is doing
    Fear not... :D

Big bugfix patch is coming this week along with Galakras, possibly.

13. May 24, 2016  

14. May 25, 2016  
    this week mean more 2 weeks!! xD pardon me but thus warmane do the things..

15. May 25, 2016  
    Fear not... :D

Big bugfix patch is coming this week along with Galakras, possibly.
    mehh we dont really need big bugfix patch that gonna take weeks, (assuming warmane style - 1 week warmane= 1 month irl), just fix Immerseus first plz, then up to you guys when you wanna fix other things

and owh yea, fix SoO trinkets too plz

123 ... Last