1. yes 200k+ damage from swirld is normal, and you survive it by not getting hit.

i know probably no one ever told you that but bosses have abilities and the goal is to dodge them not get hit by them. i wrote and showed in videos with timestamp from retail that 200k is correct damage for his ability where he spins in a circle and that it does hit multiple times in a second. you just need to read the thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4HclawkABA @ 0:52 you can see what they do to dodge the swirl. and before you ask no this is not on warmane, i play on different server. and no i am not the hunter.
    And next time please don't watch Noobs guide xD his armor need 400g repair + he got that tank debuff hahahaha :D XD
    God bless you dude :D XD thanks for laughter. :D

2. And next time please don't watch Noobs guide xD his armor need 400g repair + he got that tank debuff hahahaha :D XD
    God bless you dude :D XD thanks for laughter. :D
    https://i.imgur.com/Whqtogu.jpg

fatboss video screenshot of druid heal getting hit by swirl(vomit thing). go read the number on his portrait.

retail link explaining it more http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10014411402#7

again, the only one who does not know anything is you.

i said go back 1-2 pages where i show everything with screenshots/links/videos, but noooo you rather show more and more that you dont know anything instead of going back and reading all the information.

but thank you too, i always get a good laugh from pserver players acting like they know things while being wrong 100%. :D
    Edited: June 21, 2016

3. https://i.imgur.com/Whqtogu.jpg

fatboss video screenshot of druid heal getting hit by swirl(vomit thing). go read the number on his portrait.

retail link to explaining it more http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10014411402#7

again, the only one who does not know anything is you.

i said go back 1-2 pages where i show everything with screenshots/links/videos, you have problems reading?
    Please see what u are linking 3 sec back like in same video and then link stuffs to people dont show random dps its sha bolt or pudding or swirl or pizza. :D
    Also small suggestion please look the dmg of next swirl(vomit). and sorry I read till screenshots/links/videos after that something went into my eyes. :(

4. Please see what u are linking 3 sec back like in same video and then link stuffs to people dont show random dps its sha bolt or pudding or swirl or pizza. :D
    Also small suggestion please look the dmg of next swirl(vomit). and sorry I read till screenshots/links/videos after that something went into my eyes. :(

the other random hunter video was just to show how you can do it on normal if you are outgearing it anway.

i raided soo on retail from day 1 to the very end with 95% of kills being on heroic i think i have a faily good grasp of how bosses should work.

i am sorry but if your only reference is warmane then i see no point in further discussing it with you since you never seen it how its supposed to be 100% anway. and also discussion on retail forums that there are 2 abilities called swirl explaining that the one in journal is not his puke/vomit and yet still you think you know it.

i say this a third and a last time, i had this discussion here in this thread already, and i explained it all. even why the second time it does not hit for 200k. go back a few pages and read the discussion.(he has a shield can be seen in buff and bcus of the blue in his lifebar)

log on retail, go into soo, get hit by immerseus and look for yourself.

200k+ (yes on heroic even more) is correct. and ability hitting like 2-3 times in 1 second is correct too.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=143412/swirl

5. the other random hunter video was just to show how you can do it on normal if you are outgearing it anway.

i raided soo on retail fromd ay 1 to the very end with 95% of kills being on heroic i think i have a faily good grasp of how bosses should work.

i am sorry but if your only reference is warmane then i see no point in further discussing it with you since you never seen it how its supposed to be 100% anway. and also discussion on retail froums that there are 2 abilities called swirld explaining that the one in journal is not his puke/vomit and yet still you think that your .

i say this a third and a last time, i had this discussion here in this thread already, and i explained it all. even why the second time it does not hit for 200k. go back a few pages and read the discussion.
    I read your discussion as well as in retail forum I was part of that discussion.
    Let me make it simple for you.
    1. Their are 2 Swirl one is blue color pud in floor and one is boss vomit its was even bug in retail.
    2. That hunter video u linked is useless as u can see yourself coz his armor need repair.
    3. What u link the image of 100k dps on that dudu u linked right but he got dps from 3 or 4 stuffs if u see again he got dps from Swirl (ground pudding), sha pudding (in same ground), sha bolt and Swirl (vomit) so you cant confirm whose dps is that thats why I told ya see next Swirl(vomit) coz its clearly shows the correct dps.
    4. I m not trying to prove u wrong I m just saying is u need to see same video till next Swirl ( Vomit).
    5.In retail discussion if u see correctly it was when boss released that time he really did 200k-300k later dps by boss was corrected. :)

6. I read your discussion as well as in retail forum I was part of that discussion.
    Let me make it simple for you.
    1. Their are 2 Swirl one is blue color pud in floor and one is boss vomit its was even bug in retail.
    2. That hunter video u linked is useless as u can see yourself coz his armor need repair.
    3. What u link the image of 100k dps on that dudu u linked right but he got dps from 3 or 4 stuffs if u see again he got dps from Swirl (ground pudding), sha pudding (in same ground), sha bolt and Swirl (vomit) so you cant confirm whose dps is that thats why I told ya see next Swirl(vomit) coz its clearly shows the correct dps.
    4. I m not trying to prove u wrong I m just saying is u need to see same video till next Swirl ( Vomit).
    5.In retail discussion if u see correctly it was when boss released that time he really did 200k-300k later dps by boss was corrected. :)

you are 100% wrong and its a fact that you are wrong, i honestly dont even care to refute any of your points anymore. you show with every sentence that you dont know how retail immerseus was or are trolling.

btw yes it was nerfed... with WoD prepatch...

/edit

one thing however i will go into it...

yea sure because armor(physical def) is so important against ability that does magical damage...

you even lack like basic knowledge.
    video is worthless true but for completely different reason.

7. you are 100% wrong and its a fact that you are wrong, i honestly dont even care to refute any of your points anymore. you show with every sentence that you know nearly nothing or are trolling.

btw yes it was nerfed... with WoD prepatch...
    nvm I wasted so much time already on you so think whatever u think, type whatever u want to type. Its best to get hit by swirl than your nonsense.

8. This is a classic "he said - she said" situation. I understand both of your points and you are both basically talking about the same thing. The problem I have is that the only links/texts/videos you posted here are from players and I couldn't find any OFFICIAL reply from a Bllizzard GM (or something similar). I is definitelly the same thing: the player on the battle.net forum posted a very detailed discription of Swirl (the wave/vomit part of the mechanic) which is the same thing I experienced here on Warmane. Basically getting shot for 200k a few times in 1 sec (his discription says it hits every 0.25 sec).
    Now I would like to know is there any way to avoid Swirl apart from the obvious "run, forest, run!" strategy? There are links suggesting it can be outranged but I tried this and it doesn't work every time. Also I saw that some personal defensive spells don't work aswell, like paladins bubble. The only thing I could find is that on retail Immerseus always spins clockwise so you just have to run the opposite way if he is facing directly on you, but here on Warmane he spins both ways so you can't predict it. My question is: is there a way to avoid Swirl (the wave/vomit part) other than running from it, but that the strategy is usable here on Warmane?

9. This is a classic "he said - she said" situation. I understand both of your points and you are both basically talking about the same thing. The problem I have is that the only links/texts/videos you posted here are from players and I couldn't find any OFFICIAL reply from a Bllizzard GM (or something similar). I is definitelly the same thing: the player on the battle.net forum posted a very detailed discription of Swirl (the wave/vomit part of the mechanic) which is the same thing I experienced here on Warmane. Basically getting shot for 200k a few times in 1 sec (his discription says it hits every 0.25 sec).
    sry his sentences are very poorly phrased, i either dont understand what he wants from me or its just wrong what he is saying. all i got from him is that he thinks the 200k are wrong, but it can be seen everywhere on all videos and even on wowhead that it is not wrong and indeed is correct.

you probably wont be able to find anything posted by a blue, since blizzard rarely does that. and its like i said not needed, it was discussed on retail forums on mmochampion and god knows where else that blizzard ****ed it up by giving both abilities the same name causing all the plebs to think the "vomit" should do 50k and not 200k.

Now I would like to know is there any way to avoid Swirl apart from the obvious "run, forest, run!" strategy? There are links suggesting it can be outranged but I tried this and it doesn't work every time. Also I saw that some personal defensive spells don't work aswell, like paladins bubble. The only thing I could find is that on retail Immerseus always spins clockwise so you just have to run the opposite way if he is facing directly on you, but here on Warmane he spins both ways so you can't predict it. My question is: is there a way to avoid Swirl (the wave/vomit part) other than running from it, but that the strategy is usable here on Warmane?
    for warmane i dont know, for the server i am on i would say outrange it if you cant outrun it, on warmane outranging is not an option as from what i have heared since all bosses are more or less either bugged to hell or not done properly where they simply are tank&spank.(seen people talking about that ingame and here on forums)

10. I think wowhead was the only place I didn't check :D That is on me. So now that we got that out of the way I guess the only way to avoid it is running before he starts casting. Oh well, it seems the current 100 wipes is actually low. Try and try again I guess.

11. Hey. Im expecting to get a bit hate for the things I will say but so be it. Im not going into is that correct dmg of swirl or it's not i never been developer or tester or anyone who spents so much time searching for something useless like that. Here is bigger issue that ppl can not move in time from swirl. If this is a wotlk/cata i would be fine with that and probably would throw a poison arrow to them, but this is MoP. Every single class/spec have some burst of movements speed/blink/hard imunity for blocking spell. So lets start:
    Druids- Can give symbiosis to mage and get Ice Block in return. Quite op thing. After that they can spec into displacer beast(which they should for most of fights anyway)
    Priest- Dispersion, Feathers, Shield into Shield(disc with Insight), Pain Suppresion. But lets be honest feather is all they need.
    Warlock-Demonic Gateway for ur 5friends, Ur own teleport, Burning Rush, Dark Bargin or even better Sacrif. Pet.
    Warrior-Leap of faith to Narnia
    Monk- Transcendance or w/e is ability called like i dont play one so idk correct names. But teleport thingy. Also roll.
    Shaman- Ghost wolf and wave to wave ;)
    Mage- Blink. Ice block.
    Paladin- Someone wrote up bubble not work. Ur wrong. Bubble as Divine Shield works, but HoP not. So u spec into Unbrekable Spirit. Also first talent tree you have 2 choice that fits u quite good for that fight.
    Rogue- Sprint+cloak. those mother****ers should never get hitted not even with 5swirls in row.
    Dk- AMS can just chill and enjoy ur free 100 rune for 3sec.
    Hunter- Disengage towards to one side, and now idk is detterance works since im no playing one.

So what we can see from above is that everyone but everyone have some escape. But i think the people make mistake cuz they dont understeand mechanic of a wave. It was quite hard few updates ago when purpulish debuff was giving you permanent debuff so you need to care a lot where to move. Now when that is fixed after Corrosive blast you can get closer to melee range of boss cuz he soons cast swirl after that. When you see he just stood and watch in one place you have THREE(3) big secounds to move. SO just pick a side and start runing. If wave goes to opposite side, cool you just stop runing continue dmging boss. If boss goes ur side that u picked just run in melee range of boss and even with 100% speed he can't get you in time. The further ur from melee range the wave easier catch you. Its psyhics and its like that in sport(200m sprint, 400m sprint what you think best time of runers are at number 4-5).
    Overall in this state in which boss is now, he is easly killable and yes its harder than retail for sure, but with you stepping up ur game u gain lot of skill to storm some other bosses. And also since its last raid of expansion you don't wanna it to be like some dummy in rdf but to be a bit challanging else u get bored of it.
    In my opinion he is best boss in game now to test trials in your guild where you can see their fast reaction, swithing on adds and movement.
    To all raid leaders be sure to explaing ppl that they can run now in melee and you will kill him in no time. Only thing you need to watch after split phase when he come up to not be close to tank cuz soon after he is up he will cast Corrosive. Enjoy and good luck :)

12. Ok, everything you wrote stands and you are right. Now after the confirmation that the spell really does 200k every 0.4 sec there is really nothing to do but run like hell. I guess the "only" bugs at the moment are him going both ways while casting Swirl (instead of going only clockwise), bugging out on split phase if killed during Swirl (not every time, but it happens), blue torrents not showing while casting Swirl (I guess visual bug), not being able to stun/fear/root/ect. mobs in split phase. Uf, long night ahead I think.

13. not being able to stun/fear/root/ect.
    Slows work, chillbane,warrs thingy and all those slows.. Just bring one lock and he can take one side solo with manoraths fury

14. This is a classic "he said - she said" situation. I understand both of your points and you are both basically talking about the same thing. The problem I have is that the only links/texts/videos you posted here are from players and I couldn't find any OFFICIAL reply from a Bllizzard GM (or something similar). I is definitelly the same thing: the player on the battle.net forum posted a very detailed discription of Swirl (the wave/vomit part of the mechanic) which is the same thing I experienced here on Warmane. Basically getting shot for 200k a few times in 1 sec (his discription says it hits every 0.25 sec).
    Check Wowhead for dps check and also check fatboss full video swirl(vomit) dps you ll know.
    As your question using DBM tells you when u need to run. When swirl is close never face boss try to stack back or side of him so u can run, that what we used to do and it took 3-4 wipes to clear boss.

First ... 3456 Last