1. May 17, 2016  

About DDoS Attacks...

"LORDAERON UNDER ATTACK (May 17, 2016): Lordaeron is under DDoS attack. It may take multiple login attempts to successfully connect to the realm. In the meantime we are also working to mitigate the effect and keep servers and services online."

First of all, i know what DDoS is... It's just that i don't know from where it came, or why... (And excuse my english, it's not my native language)

Is there someone to blame about this? Someone that is actually "Attacking" this private server for a reason?
    Is it from other "Competitors" servers? From Blizzard itself? From a stupid Troll?
    Or just the realm actually colapsing after some time working with 12000 Online Players + 2000 Queue?

By the way, i'm not criticizing Warmane Staff or something, they deserve some respect after all they've done (Maintaining this Realms and Community after Molten's Disaster) , i just want to know more about this.

2. May 17, 2016  
    "LORDAERON UNDER ATTACK (May 17, 2016): Lordaeron is under DDoS attack. It may take multiple login attempts to successfully connect to the realm. In the meantime we are also working to mitigate the effect and keep servers and services online."

First of all, i know what DDoS is... It's just that i don't know from where it came, or why... (And excuse my english, it's not my native language)

Is there someone to blame about this? Someone that is actually "Attacking" this private server for a reason?
    Is it from other "Competitors" servers? From Blizzard itself? From a stupid Troll?
    Or just the realm actually colapsing after some time working with 12000 Online Players + 2000 Queue?

By the way, i'm not criticizing Warmane Staff or something, they deserve some respect after all they've done (Maintaining this Realms and Community after Molten's Disaster) , i just want to know more about this.
    Wont' be from blizzard since company of that size can't afford to break any laws and get caught later for the sake of one private server.

Competition? Likely. There are plenty of popular wotlk servers that might have motive to hurt warmane.

As for trolling.. I don't get the motive for a random player to attack a server which he plays on. It's just stupid no matter how much you think about it. You'd just block yourself from logging in.

And this is not the first time loradaeron gets attacked and unfortunately its likely not the last time either. Popularity brings hate in many cases.

3. May 18, 2016  
    Also to answer the OP's last question. No this is not caused by the realm having a said number of players. DDoS comes from an external source, where someone tries to crash the server on purpose.

4. May 18, 2016  
    a 3 month experienced scripter can crash most servers with DDoS solo and not using a botnet. This server seems to be the best in terms of DDoS protection though some servers got ript in the last month from non stop DdoS and them not having the money to fight against it.

5. May 18, 2016  
    IF you were already loged in you prolly didnt even understand it. I saw on page ddos and i was like what? i had no lag whatsoever. But some people got dced and they couldnt log in after. Anyway lord currently has very good ddos protectioon and you have to thank the stuff fro that

6. May 18, 2016  

As for trolling.. I don't get the motive for a random player to attack a server which he plays on. It's just stupid no matter how much you think about it. You'd just block yourself from logging in.

And this is not the first time loradaeron gets attacked and unfortunately its likely not the last time either. Popularity brings hate in many cases.
    For "Troll" i meant any ******* who wanted to hurt this server just for the simply joy of doing it. Not exactly a player from this realm or server, just an stupid guy who learned a thing or two about whatever you need to attack a WoW Realm.

7. May 19, 2016  
    Usually they are competitors or someone who got banned

8. May 23, 2016  
    Usually they are competitors or someone who got banned
    No proof but this was a nice opinion .

9. May 23, 2016  

Same reason people gank lowbies.

I haven't had time to dive into it, but typically the login server and the actual server are 2 different things. The login server can be overloaded by fraudulent logins or requests. I assume that the actual server uses some kind of encryption once you are past the login server so it just drops everyone that didn't get authorized by the login server. Which is why you only see login issues and not gameplay issues.
    Edited: May 23, 2016