1. May 20, 2016  

Do they plan on releasing catch up dungeons?

So, I'm tempted to come play here for the experience of a fresh progression, as I never got to see all of WOTLK.

But with ToTC coming out next, I was wondering if they plan to release the 5 man dungeon with it? Personally I've always hated the catch up dungeons as it just makes missed raid experiences and turns gearing up into a boring grind of the same dungeons.

Since this is a hardcore server, I don't suppose they will be foregoing the 5 man's?

2. May 20, 2016  
    As far as I know the staff, theyll realease it but 200% buffed hp/damage, so you will need to have much much better gear to even clear the dungeon, than the loot it provides.

3. May 20, 2016  
    Well, I hope so :) Harder the better for me.

4. May 20, 2016  
    Personally i wish they will never implement Forge of Souls, Pit of Saron and Halls of Reflection.

Because everyone who has been playing on this server since Vanilla and fighting each expansion to get the best gear etc will feel like they got punched in the f@cking face.

FoS, PoS and HoR is pure bull**** because it's like saying "We know you didn't fight your way to the top but here have some free awesome gear so you can just instantly join ICC."
    And if Lordaeron is supposed to be a hardcore server where you have to fight for your gear it shouldn't be implemented at all.

5. May 20, 2016  
    Thank you! I might post this as an official suggestion...

6. May 22, 2016  
    Personally i wish they will never implement Forge of Souls, Pit of Saron and Halls of Reflection.

Because everyone who has been playing on this server since Vanilla and fighting each expansion to get the best gear etc will feel like they got punched in the f@cking face.

FoS, PoS and HoR is pure bull**** because it's like saying "We know you didn't fight your way to the top but here have some free awesome gear so you can just instantly join ICC."
    And if Lordaeron is supposed to be a hardcore server where you have to fight for your gear it shouldn't be implemented at all.
    If the said dungeons work correctly , there won't be an issue .

7. May 22, 2016  
    I'm fine with them either not releasing them, or super buffing them requiring you to be raid geared to beat them. Gear catch ups suck

8. May 22, 2016  
    Regardless, you have a LONG time before ToC comes out, Ulduar was released about a month ago, no one has even killed Algalon or Yogg +0 +1, 2 or 3. My guild is just moving on to Vezax next week.

9. May 22, 2016  
    Even though the catch up dungeons might suck for someone, if they don't exist, they completely remove the incentive for new players to join here. Let's be real here, no one is going to come here in a year when ICC is released just to start grinding it out from Naxx to get geared.

10. May 22, 2016  
    Even though the catch up dungeons might suck for someone, if they don't exist, they completely remove the incentive for new players to join here. Let's be real here, no one is going to come here in a year when ICC is released just to start grinding it out from Naxx to get geared.
    Isn't that what the game is about?

11. May 22, 2016  
    Isn't that what the game is about?
    It is lol, just like it was in vanilla for example. Raid through progression is fun, not spamming ****ing catch-up dungeons.

12. May 22, 2016  
    This is completely false. My guild is just starting out here, and we're more than excited to start doing Naxxramas, despite current content being Ulduar, and it would of been the same regardless if it was ICC or not. The last time we rolled on a Wotlk server we were bummed that we couldn't even do Naxx or Uld, because the gear catch up dungeons completely removed the need to even do those raids. No one wanted to do them, so we couldn't even get a guild that wanted to farm them, or progress normally without touching catch up dungeons.

On top of that, look at the demand for Vanilla and TBC content. TBC offered isle of Quel Danas and badges, but even then, you didn't by pass Kara, and go straight into SWP. You still raided from the start, all the way to the end. Players STILL started at Kara, and moved up through content, while Black Temple and Mount Hyjal was on farm, and players were content with it, because it was still new to them, they were just starting out.

Catch ups DO NOT remove incentive for new players to start here. If anything, they hurt the population, and quality of players. Gear catch ups handed anyone an epic, and allowed them to skip raid content. They opened up raiding to players that had absolutely no raid awareness, it was like a flood gate of idiocy opened when stuff like this started popping up, especially coupled with Gearscore. You couldn't distinguish who was a seasoned raider anymore, or who just sat in those dungeons for loot, because someone out of Ulduar, or someone in catch up loot, were on par gear wise. Which is where a lot of people felt GS ruined the game, because you would literally either be inviting a complete ***** to the group, or a good player. You never knew. You almost literally never knew what you were getting. Before these catch up dungeons, when I saw someone walking around Dalaran decked in Ulduar raid gear, I at least knew the player was good, because not every guild is willing to drag dead weight through content and drop gear on them. It happened, but it didn't happen a lot.

On top of that, since you skipped TWO whole raid tiers and jumped into these dungeons, you effectively cut out half the end game PvE content, and half of what was there to do. So yeah, you can skip everything and go to ICC.. And youre done. I don't know about you, but if I just cleared current content, im' not about to start over on another toon and do it again. I'd literally get bored and quit. Starting at Naxx and working up to ICC would prolong a players stay here. Why would they quit after Naxx, if they had 3 more raid tiers of content after it?

Plenty of people will start at the bottom in a year, and ENJOY IT. This game isn't about how many corners you can cut, its about the journey, and for many, the journey starts at end game content. What kind of journey are you going on, when you literally bypass all of it, to do the final raid? You miss out on a lot. You should never be able to start a new account, and go straight to the "final boss" in a game like this, in a matter of weeks. If you think thats GOOD game play, than you're the reason we have Warlords of Draenor.

There is a reason a lot of players felt late Wrath was where World of Warcraft started to decline. That however, is a different discussion, and i'll just leave it at that.

13. May 22, 2016  
    This is completely false. My guild is just starting out here, and we're more than excited to start doing Naxxramas, despite current content being Ulduar, and it would of been the same regardless if it was ICC or not. The last time we rolled on a Wotlk server we were bummed that we couldn't even do Naxx or Uld, because the gear catch up dungeons completely removed the need to even do those raids. No one wanted to do them, so we couldn't even get a guild that wanted to farm them, or progress normally without touching catch up dungeons.

On top of that, look at the demand for Vanilla and TBC content. TBC offered isle of Quel Danas and badges, but even then, you didn't by pass Kara, and go straight into SWP. You still raided from the start, all the way to the end. Players STILL started at Kara, and moved up through content, while Black Temple and Mount Hyjal was on farm, and players were content with it, because it was still new to them, they were just starting out.

Catch ups DO NOT remove incentive for new players to start here. If anything, they hurt the population, and quality of players. Gear catch ups handed anyone an epic, and allowed them to skip raid content. They opened up raiding to players that had absolutely no raid awareness, it was like a flood gate of idiocy opened when stuff like this started popping up, especially coupled with Gearscore. You couldn't distinguish who was a seasoned raider anymore, or who just sat in those dungeons for loot, because someone out of Ulduar, or someone in catch up loot, were on par gear wise. Which is where a lot of people felt GS ruined the game, because you would literally either be inviting a complete ***** to the group, or a good player. You never knew. You almost literally never knew what you were getting. Before these catch up dungeons, when I saw someone walking around Dalaran decked in Ulduar raid gear, I at least knew the player was good, because not every guild is willing to drag dead weight through content and drop gear on them. It happened, but it didn't happen a lot.

On top of that, since you skipped TWO whole raid tiers and jumped into these dungeons, you effectively cut out half the end game PvE content, and half of what was there to do. So yeah, you can skip everything and go to ICC.. And youre done. I don't know about you, but if I just cleared current content, im' not about to start over on another toon and do it again. I'd literally get bored and quit. Starting at Naxx and working up to ICC would prolong a players stay here. Why would they quit after Naxx, if they had 3 more raid tiers of content after it?

Plenty of people will start at the bottom in a year, and ENJOY IT. This game isn't about how many corners you can cut, its about the journey, and for many, the journey starts at end game content. What kind of journey are you going on, when you literally bypass all of it, to do the final raid? You miss out on a lot. You should never be able to start a new account, and go straight to the "final boss" in a game like this, in a matter of weeks. If you think thats GOOD game play, than you're the reason we have Warlords of Draenor.

There is a reason a lot of players felt late Wrath was where World of Warcraft started to decline. That however, is a different discussion, and i'll just leave it at that.

I FULLY agree with you... Wouldn't change one frikin word... /clap
    Edited: May 22, 2016

14. May 22, 2016  

the thing is what you wrote would be right; but not here. If someone starts up when icc is live here none will be willing to take him to this buffed nax to gear up and the only window of opurtunity for this player would be to find a guild thats willing to boost him in icc or toc. Tbh in two months i dont think il have the patience to boost more people through naxx.. Its boring and its overbuffed in a way that you wont have the patience to boost people in it in a month or two(considering your guild is already doing it for new recruits...)

15. May 22, 2016  
    I'm leaning towards buffing those dungeons up rather than complete removal. Sure I might not be able to taste these dungeons in the end due to being new and being dedicated to a non-raiding guild, but at least give me a glimpse of hope to at least gain the teeny tiny lore it offers.

12 Last