1. May 21, 2016  

Explanation of unbuffed raid bosses / Choosing Exp rates

I've been looking into the new Icecrown realm and I've found out there are a few differences between this and Lordaeron, it seems to me Icecrown is a more retail experience aside from the fast leveling rates.

But something I'm unsure on, is what it means by un-buffed and buffed raid bosses. According to another thread Lordearon has buffed bosses where as this Icecrown realm has un-buffed bosses. What exactly does this mean? Does un-buffed mean normal default like the retail version? Or made weaker than default retail?

Also while i'm here, would there be any chance of having the option to choose leveling rates? Icecrown seems to be about the closest thing to a pure retail like version so far. Maybe we could choose x1 experience rates or as x7. Having the option would be great in my opinion.

Loredaran is great but might be too hardcore for some people, so maybe having Icecrown with more options might be a good thing. I'm not sure if this has been decided upon yet but any insight would be interesting.

Thanks, Grant.

2. May 21, 2016  
    It means normal, default retail version of a boss on both heroic and normal. And icecrown is the version of retail (late wotlk- almost begining of cata) where the dungeon finder and aswell as teleports where implemented.
    Lordareon is more of a early version of wotlk but also in the last Patch. 3.3.5
    PS: both realms are great. Icecrown might experience a little issues since the merge but i am 100% sure that by the next upcoming maintenance everything will be fine. Icecrown in my opinion is a more dynamic server than lordareon and gives u the oportunity to play on a qualitative server, and experience end game quallity really quick, as far as on lord u gotta get tru the burden of lvling and than much more... so for a part time guy like me icecrown is the best.
    Hope i helped u a bit.
    Cheers, Caddy!

3. May 21, 2016  
    Also while i'm here, would there be any chance of having the option to choose leveling rates? Icecrown seems to be about the closest thing to a pure retail like version so far. Maybe we could choose x1 experience rates or as x7. Having the option would be great in my opinion.
    No u can not.

4. May 21, 2016  
    It means normal, default retail version of a boss on both heroic and normal. And icecrown is the version of retail (late wotlk- almost begining of cata) where the dungeon finder and aswell as teleports where implemented.
    Lordareon is more of a early version of wotlk but also in the last Patch. 3.3.5
    PS: both realms are great. Icecrown might experience a little issues since the merge but i am 100% sure that by the next upcoming maintenance everything will be fine. Icecrown in my opinion is a more dynamic server than lordareon and gives u the oportunity to play on a qualitative server, and experience end game quallity really quick, as far as on lord u gotta get tru the burden of lvling and than much more... so for a part time guy like me icecrown is the best.
    Hope i helped u a bit.
    Cheers, Caddy!
    I see, that's clear now then. Thanks a lot. And in regard to choosing experience rates do you think they'll implement it in the future as a choice or maybe as a separate realm?

5. May 22, 2016  
    No i highly doubt that. That was never a thing on molten, and i bet it wont be a thing on warmane aswell.
    Cheers Caddy, maybe i see ya around.

6. May 22, 2016  
    I see, that's clear now then. Thanks a lot. And in regard to choosing experience rates do you think they'll implement it in the future as a choice or maybe as a separate realm?
    you should throw the idea at the suggestions subforum and see what sticks

7. May 22, 2016  
    I support your idea, put it in suggestions please. So it would be nice if we have option to choose 1x, 3x, 5x or 7x experience rate when we make a new char. For example a NPC standing in starting area where you can choose rate

8. May 22, 2016  
    Why would you care so much about something as trifling as the experience rate?

9. May 22, 2016  
    Why would you care so much about something as trifling as the experience rate?
    from the posts hes been making he seems to enjoy the questing experience but doesn't want to play on lordaeron because the bosses are buffed

10. May 22, 2016  
    Make a toon on Lord, level it up to 80, sell it via the Trading feature, use coins to buy an insta 80 on IC

11. May 22, 2016  
    No i highly doubt that. That was never a thing on molten, and i bet it wont be a thing on warmane aswell.
    Cheers Caddy, maybe i see ya around.
    Okay thanks for your opinion.

12. May 22, 2016  
    from the posts hes been making he seems to enjoy the questing experience but doesn't want to play on lordaeron because the bosses are buffed
    That is correct.

13. May 22, 2016  
    I support your idea, put it in suggestions please. So it would be nice if we have option to choose 1x, 3x, 5x or 7x experience rate when we make a new char. For example a NPC standing in starting area where you can choose rate
    Thanks and i'll get onto that soon.