1. Or for once work instead of gaming to earn money to donate once
    Nah, beg for more slots instead of working and after that beg in Ogrimmar for gold...

2. Cant really understand how there is such a big que when the 2 end game bosses have been broken for over a month and end game guilds are going inactive left and right.A big influx of casual ppl maybe ?
    Summer makes people go away, but it can also bring many younger people (meaning cus of school holidays) in.

3. Increase in the ICECROWN player cap

Most players that are not donors will agree that the que to get into ICECROWN is a real pain in the behind region.
    Now before I get replies from donors saying just donate then you can skip the que, I would like to state that the idea behind this post is to explore the pros and cons behind increasing the player cap and how it would affect ALL players.

Topics to be discussed.

1) Increase in player cap? Is this a good things for all players or would it lead to server crowding.

Since the merge is is clear that there are ALOT more players in all regions. This provides more pvp collisions between factions which is either good or bad depending on whether you a pve or pvp player. Would increasing the cap lead to more of these fated collisions. Will more players on at a time make materials harder to get than they are now?

For end game, more players means more raids/battle grounds but could also mean more noobs (myself included).

2) Performance issues that could occur if the cap is increased.

I would like to know your thoughts on how an increase in cap will affect Lag etc.

3) Actual hardware/software limitations for player cap. ( More for the Dev's )

I understand there has to be some limitations caused by hardware and/or software, else there would be no ques at all. How ever i have no idea on what the limitations could be and what would be required to bypass them. If some Dev could kindly explain.

4) If cap is increased, by what value should it be increased?

Please understand that I am curious to find out what your guys thoughts are for donors and non-donors. An increase will impact all players in one way or another.

Sorry about the long post. I unfortunately do not have a potato. If someone could be kind enough to post one for me.

4. Or just prohibit multiboxing of 4 chars or more. I said before that after merge multi-boxing will become a big problem for people trying to get into server since multi-boxers take up too much space on servers. It has now come true.

5. Most players that are not donors will agree that the que to get into ICECROWN is a real pain in the behind region.
    Now before I get replies from donors saying just donate then you can skip the que, I would like to state that the idea behind this post is to explore the pros and cons behind increasing the player cap and how it would affect ALL players.

Topics to be discussed.

1) Increase in player cap? Is this a good things for all players or would it lead to server crowding.

Since the merge is is clear that there are ALOT more players in all regions. This provides more pvp collisions between factions which is either good or bad depending on whether you a pve or pvp player. Would increasing the cap lead to more of these fated collisions. Will more players on at a time make materials harder to get than they are now?

For end game, more players means more raids/battle grounds but could also mean more noobs (myself included).

I would like to know your thoughts on how an increase in cap will affect Lag etc.

I understand there has to be some limitations caused by hardware and/or software, else there would be no ques at all. How ever i have no idea on what the limitations could be and what would be required to bypass them. If some Dev could kindly explain.

Please understand that I am curious to find out what your guys thoughts are for donors and non-donors. An increase will impact all players in one way or another.

Sorry about the long post. I unfortunately do not have a potato. If someone could be kind enough to post one for me.
    I dont think they will increase the cap, but if they will, then increase it by 1000 instead of 2000, 1k queue is not that bad tbh. Your best bet is to donate if you can, or check out my queue survival guide.

6. I'm not sure about your other questions/concerns, but I would actually reduce cap to 10.5k-11k. While at peak (afternoon in EU) server is obviously stressed, and lag almost doubles (with occasional lagspikes). When there are roughly 8-9k online (in the mornings CET) server has next to zero delay. Going from 40ms to 120-150ms isn't fun at all..

7. Most players that are not donors will agree that the que to get into ICECROWN is a real pain in the behind region.

Topics to be discussed.

All of this has been discussed in other threads.
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=331054
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=333550

1) Bad idea, and not because of server crowding, but because of performance issues. Although also because of respawns. Also, client stability issues might occur, they already had to decrease vision range to avoid that
    2) Server already crashes at times, increasing the cap would question server's overall stability and increase lag.
    3) As far as I know, the limitation is created by basic settings, scripts and the rest filled with players. To increase the cap they need to make more compact scripts, which is why they aren't increasing the cap atm.
    4) As said earlier, it depends on by how much they will be able to compact the scripts.

8. I'm not sure about your other questions/concerns, but I would actually reduce cap to 10.5k-11k. While at peak (afternoon in EU) server is obviously stressed, and lag almost doubles (with occasional lagspikes). When there are roughly 8-9k online (in the mornings CET) server has next to zero delay. Going from 40ms to 120-150ms isn't fun at all..
    I am from India and I play with 240ms with no lag spike.

9. Or just prohibit multiboxing of 4 chars or more. I said before that after merge multi-boxing will become a big problem for people trying to get into server since multi-boxers take up too much space on servers. It has now come true.
    Players that stay afk in character selection screen is a big problem not multiboxers... Use brain, on server we have maybe 10-20 multiboxers and ingame i saw that in horde was max (ststistic, cuz one man have 25 char team)25 chars of players who multiboxing and que is 2-3k not 25 man

10. July 1, 2016  
    Players that stay afk in character selection screen is a big problem not multiboxers... Use brain, on server we have maybe 10-20 multiboxers and ingame i saw that in horde was max (ststistic, cuz one man have 25 char team)25 chars of players who multiboxing and que is 2-3k not 25 man
    I agree. We have a lot of ppl afk for hours and don't get kicked from server, so even though the queue is 1k+ it takes 4 hours to get in.
    They should at least reduce the time that you can be afk without getting kicked to mitigate this problem.

11. July 1, 2016  
    I agree. We have a lot of ppl afk for hours and don't get kicked from server, so even though the queue is 1k+ it takes 4 hours to get in.
    They should at least reduce the time that you can be afk without getting kicked to mitigate this problem.
    Would an increase in cap not reduce this aswell and stop people feel like they need to log in into load screen and stay there instead of joining the que again.
    After reading the replies i have to say that it seems like the best solution is to just donate. It seems that there is no alternative solution to the que problem other than donating.

I have to admit that it does suck to come home and find that you in a que that will take you till the next day just to get through.

12. July 1, 2016  
    Came here to play a private server because they are free, and this one appears to be "pay2play" as you can't play without "donating". (Icecrown)

Might want to fix your character selection screen kick methods because there aren't that many people online.
    Edited: July 1, 2016

13. July 1, 2016  
    I really don't mind the queue, but the worst possible ****ing thing to happen:

>Get home from work, log right in and see a 1500 queue.
    >Noproblem.jpeg
    >Does something else, then comes back after a few hours.
    >"You have been DC'ed from the server"
    >Tries anxiously to relog,
    >Position 2300.

On top of everything, the queue barely moves. Because some ***** once said "Just donate man it will clear the problem up", not a **** ton of people donated and surprize! You're standing in a queue that virtually doesn't move! GG!

14. July 1, 2016  
    Thats how the server is making money mostly with queues, good for them!:)

15. July 1, 2016  
    It would be nice if they fix the content too .

First 12345 ... Last