1. May 22, 2016  

Warmane's attention.

Hello everyone, i have a important suggestion that may help this community to grow much faster. All you have to know, is the basics and to pay a little attention to Warmane's Youtube channel.

Warmane should make more videos and upload them to Youtube, even development videos, like, before and after the updates, etc. This will make the community appreciate your work even more, it will help you gain much more players, viewers & subscribers and eventually more donations, it will help even Warmane's Twitch channel to grow faster.

I know you that you guys have to work on 3 different expansions, and we saw the result, you've got one of the best Wrath of the Lich King servers, and the new population record of 31,000 players online is really fantastic, congratulations. But, you have to find more community managers that can take care of Warmane's Youtube channel, the information, videos, music and the quality. Finding it, won't be that hard. It seems that having 3 community managers is not enough.

Warmane is one of the best private servers, with really high population, i can't imagine it like that, such private server must have a good Youtube channel full of videos, newly content, updates, nice talks, everything Warmane related, and let's not forget the developer videos made in-game, posted in Youtube.

Consider my suggestion, with this population, i believe this is a great opportunity for one step forward. Also, have in mind that there are many, many players like me, that make videos for the fun, we may be able to help with this, we may be useful. Also, keep in mind that there are people, who don't want to bother checking how the servers are in-game, they may want to see a video and it's views. Without having to change realm list, making a character and write in forums or in-game asking players about the current state of the server. Do you see my point? - Having a good Youtube channel can only help.

I am aware of this thread, this is how my suggestion come to my mind, by watching this thread of yours, saying "As you probably know we have our own official Warmane Youtube channel and so far it's been of great use for us, however we would like to do more"

I started to think, how much more players Warmane can get, by making nice videos of their great work, all they have to do is find a guy who knows the very basics, getting the softwares is easy, working with them may require small tutorial, after that, it's all good.

2. May 22, 2016  
    Blizzard cannot do anything, and Blizzard know about Warmane, they have lots of threads in their forums about us, so it does not matter, they cannot reach us simply because Warmane servers are hosted in Russia.

Blizzard knew about Warmane, even before Nostalrius.
    Yes, they have already received requests from blizzard to close, but they were ignored.

However, to say blizzard can do nothing is ignorant.

Remember: blizzard can shut down Warmane if they wanted to. Why don't they? Because of money. Blizzard deems that shutting down Warmane would not be cost effective. Here's why:

You are correct in assuming Russia don't care about Warmane, or anything outside Russian law. But, if they were offered money to force close down that server, then Warmane would be forced to close down its server, or locate else where.

Blizzard hasn't done this because Russia will want some arbitrary amount of money - which would exceed any monetary value they would gain if they did close down Warmane..

Ultimately, we are still here because Blizzard don't want to spend a number of their funds to close down Warmane, which may not be cost effective upon closure.

3. May 22, 2016  
    that notice that got sent to nost is routine. it's the bare minimum blizzard has to do to 'protect their intellectual property & rights', so it's as far as they ever go. The people who ran nost wanted to back out of their obligations as they were hurting for money, making no profit, and probably saw the inevitable fact of what was to come sooner or later, so they put the blame squarely on blizz and gracefully left without everyone being angry with them.

They could have kept the server up and added in-game incentives to donate which again... would have made everyone angry with them. Really what they did was the best possible move they could have made

And just FYI, Warmane gets sent the same Cease & Desist that nostalrius got all the time. In fact, most private servers do.

Baleroc has some good points but the fact is, Blizz is not cracking down on private servers, they didn't take down Nostalrius.

Something else would happen instead if Blizz started deciding they wanted to do something about private servers: They would grant limited license to continue running but require a cut of the money they make.

It's a win-win, not only are people playing a version of WoW and making them cash, but Blizz doesn't even need to invest a dime in terms of server upkeep or development/advertising/staff/etc to keep it running. They can also avoid any more of these PR disasters that came with the overwhelming public sentiment that they were the reason Nostalrius went down; they seriously don't want any more of that.

On top of that, Warmane, despite having to fork over some of their earnings to Blizzard-Activision, can now be sure of the legality of their operation and the sense of job security for everyone involved with Warmane would go way up.

Blizzard is a business, businesses do what makes the most financial sense, and they know damn well taking down a private server isn't going to make many of the people who played there crawl back to their game and resub.

Edited: May 22, 2016

4. May 23, 2016  
    Hello everyone, i have a important suggestion that may help this community to grow much faster. All you have to know, is the basics and to pay a little attention to Warmane's Youtube channel.

Warmane should make more videos and upload them to Youtube, even development videos, like, before and after the updates, etc. This will make the community appreciate your work even more, it will help you gain much more players, viewers & subscribers and eventually more donations, it will help even Warmane's Twitch channel to grow faster.

I know you that you guys have to work on 3 different expansions, and we saw the result, you've got one of the best Wrath of the Lich King servers, and the new population record of 31,000 players online is really fantastic, congratulations. But, you have to find more community managers that can take care of Warmane's Youtube channel, the information, videos, music and the quality. Finding it, won't be that hard. It seems that having 3 community managers is not enough.

Warmane is one of the best private servers, with really high population, i can't imagine it like that, such private server must have a good Youtube channel full of videos, newly content, updates, nice talks, everything Warmane related, and let's not forget the developer videos made in-game, posted in Youtube.

Consider my suggestion, with this population, i believe this is a great opportunity for one step forward. Also, have in mind that there are many, many players like me, that make videos for the fun, we may be able to help with this, we may be useful. Also, keep in mind that there are people, who don't want to bother checking how the servers are in-game, they may want to see a video and it's views. Without having to change realm list, making a character and write in forums or in-game asking players about the current state of the server. Do you see my point? - Having a good Youtube channel can only help.

I am aware of this thread, this is how my suggestion come to my mind, by watching this thread of yours, saying "As you probably know we have our own official Warmane Youtube channel and so far it's been of great use for us, however we would like to do more"

I started to think, how much more players Warmane can get, by making nice videos of their great work, all they have to do is find a guy who knows the very basics, getting the softwares is easy, working with them may require small tutorial, after that, it's all good.
    I support this.
    +1
    They can upload events for example any kind of events,1v1 events single elimination would be fun since stream kinda is bad,all old streams get deleted lol..

5. May 23, 2016  
    I support this.
    +1
    They can upload events for example any kind of events,1v1 events single elimination would be fun since stream kinda is bad,all old streams get deleted lol..
    Why are they getting deleted?

6. May 23, 2016  
    Why are they getting deleted?
    Don't know man... but i cant rewatch old videos on their stream :/

7. May 23, 2016  
    I mean stream=twitch... you got it anyway.