1. May 22, 2016  

Is Icecrown's server going to be upgraded to a Lordaeron-level one?

As many have probably noticed, Icecrown currently feels like the old Molten Ragnaros, being pretty laggy and making the experience unpleasant. Lordaeron seems to be handling the same population way better, with way less lag. So the question is, is Icecrown's server going to be upgraded to prevent latency issues?

2. May 22, 2016  
    I think they will be doing some more optimizations so it should normalize. Honestly, I have high ping but literally no lag. Just have some patience man, the staff really do work on things like this and aren't just money grubbers.

3. May 23, 2016  
    Lordaeron seems to be handling the same population way better, with way less lag.
    Don't forget that on Lordaeron, there are still far more people leveling, so the people are spread out. On Icecrown, most of the people are in Dalaran for example. But I'm sure staff will work on it. Today it already seemed better than 2 days ago.
    Edited: May 23, 2016 Reason: noob in quoting

4. May 23, 2016  
    What densi77 said is indeed an issue which we are working on. You may have noticed that on Saturday, while we didn't even hit the cap, we had much worse performance than on Sunday. We worked through the night to make sure that wont happen again on Sunday, and implemented several optimizations and improvements on Sunday morning. Our team managed to literally half the server diff, which already made it much, much more enjoyable to play.

The issue is that Icecrown and Lordaeron thanks to their different rates and setup are quite different in terms of player density in cities, which is a major performance drop for Icecrown. We can see that Dalaran, Orgrimmar and Stormwind are often so packed, even the best PCs have problems with FPS. Thanks to our completely new visibility system we could reduce the visibility range in those cities (at least temporarily) to improve the FPS for players. Our core by now is already extremely optimized and tweaked, otherwise we wouldn't even be able to hold 2.000 players, but our focus now is to continue optimizations and step-by-step improve performance. However, at this point there is no magical solution that will improve performance by huge percentages. A lot of smaller modifications will need to be made to see an impact.

5. May 23, 2016  
    What densi77 said is indeed an issue which we are working on. You may have noticed that on Saturday, while we didn't even hit the cap, we had much worse performance than on Sunday. We worked through the night to make sure that wont happen again on Sunday, and implemented several optimizations and improvements on Sunday morning. Our team managed to literally half the server diff, which already made it much, much more enjoyable to play.

The issue is that Icecrown and Lordaeron thanks to their different rates and setup are quite different in terms of player density in cities, which is a major performance drop for Icecrown. We can see that Dalaran, Orgrimmar and Stormwind are often so packed, even the best PCs have problems with FPS. Thanks to our completely new visibility system we could reduce the visibility range in those cities (at least temporarily) to improve the FPS for players. Our core by now is already extremely optimized and tweaked, otherwise we wouldn't even be able to hold 2.000 players, but our focus now is to continue optimizations and step-by-step improve performance. However, at this point there is no magical solution that will improve performance by huge percentages. A lot of smaller modifications will need to be made to see an impact.
    I wish we got such thorough staff replies in every topic. Thanks for clearing it up, i guess the players stacking thing does make sense

6. May 23, 2016  
    Hopefully this will never happen , I like the queue system and I like a stable realm to play on .

7. May 24, 2016  
    Thanks to our completely new visibility system we could reduce the visibility range in those cities (at least temporarily)
    I would love a cap 2k lower with the visibility system reverted. (or same cap if thats possible)
    I hope it is possible to get shiney visibility back or atleast a bit more than now :)

Appreciate the effort for making less lag and more fps though.

8. May 24, 2016  
    Fps problem is not really a problem, real problem is 0,3sec delay on every global when realm reach cap. Is it going to be like this 4ever?

9. May 24, 2016  
    Fps problem is not really a problem, real problem is 0,3sec delay on every global when realm reach cap. Is it going to be like this 4ever?
    ye, dude, enjoy new core with 12kpop 4evar

10. May 24, 2016  
    For most people (I believe) it is not, but for some people it might have been a problem in dalaran. So that way, appreciated that they care about those people. Even though I absolutely dislike the way they "solved" it.

11. May 24, 2016  
    For most people (I believe) it is not, but for some people it might have been a problem in dalaran. So that way, appreciated that they care about those people. Even though I absolutely dislike the way they "solved" it.
    Yes but you dont have sit in Dalaran.. You can go other cities if you have fps issues and I think fixing lag is priority

12. May 24, 2016  
    I have lower fps in Azeroth and spikes but I didnt have them in Az/Outland/North on Lordaeron and DW. (New models) :/

And Im not in populated areas.