1. May 26, 2016  

Best PVE Professions

For an arcane troll mage, looking to min/max.

2. May 26, 2016  

3. May 26, 2016  
    I agree Eng Tailor is the best,

But if you play DFO and CTS, at BIS gear Eng trinket on gloves loose efficiency, so play JC + Tailor can be most efficient.

Tiny.

4. May 26, 2016  
    Not really, a Haste CD is a Haste CD and your baseline AB/MBAM cast time post 2t10 shouldnt drop below 1.4 or you`d be losing out on DPS during BL at which time its better off to regem SP

Also Nitro Boosts

5. May 26, 2016  
    Not really, a Haste CD is a Haste CD and your baseline AB/MBAM cast time post 2t10 shouldnt drop below 1.4 or you`d be losing out on DPS during BL at which time its better off to regem SP

Also Nitro Boosts
    Sure,
    But, idk if you have ever played a arcane mage with BIS gear because even full gems SP he is around 1350 haste (if you play BIS gear with CTS and DFO) and with this hast score Hero + Totem + Retpaly + [a +20% haste casting, like Icy Veins or Berserk or Disc Power Infusion] you have a cast Time around 0.95 sec, so if you have a good connection you have to don't use Eng Glove on Hero and you have to don't use it if you use 2 +20% haste casting and Glove at same Time,
    so idk if JC is better but to my mind test will be good, JC can bring a better sustained dps an can be most convinient.

but Eng is clearly better in fire spec so if the mage would play fire some times or haven't a BIS gear Eng is the best.

Tiny.

PS : for me Nitroboost give yes 12more crit point which is interesting in a spec which no need more hit, but possibility to use Saronite Bombs, and the goblin nuc Bomb (I haven't the name in english) should be a better arguement.
    Edited: May 26, 2016

6. May 26, 2016  
    You will need all your Haste CDs (Gloves, IV and Pot) to cap your casting speed without BL, so yeah, they`re good

7. May 26, 2016  
    You will need all your Haste CDs (Gloves, IV and Pot) to cap your casting speed without BL, so yeah, they`re good
    you are skeptical so I have done the maths
    gloves give 240 haste every minutes during 12 sec, so it bring 48 haste. JC gems give (39-23)x3 = 48 SP. Usually we do prefer Eng because Nitro boot give 12 additionnal crit points (compare to the ice Walker enchant (12sp 12hit) ) and Saronite Bomb who give minimum 3500 additionnal damages each minutes (if you are goblin engenier remplace a 3500 every 4 minutes by a 6500 approximatly) so engenier is better then JC
    but in a fight of 5 minutes (300 sec) you loose the opportunity of using gloves during 40sec they loose 13,33% of their efficiency that means the contribution of the gloves is only 41,6 haste (and 12 crit)which have to compare with 48SP of JC, so to my mind à player who don't use Saronites Bombs may prefer JC to Eng.

Tiny.

PS: the minimum reduction of efficiency is 13,33/2 = 6,66% (44,8 haste)for a fight which is 9min59 long. But you have to note that in general fight in icc are around 6 minutes long maximum, except sindy, and Lk but LK is a more then 10 minute fight so Hero is use 2 times and that reduce the gloves efficiency.

PS: I just wanna tell you a different approach, this is not to denigrate Engenier, I love it and use it (Saronite Bombs is funny an bring one more element to manage in your fight).

8. May 26, 2016  
    Gloves are 340 haste and average out at 63 Haste which is just on par given that you`re forfeiting the 28 SP glove enchant but you can`t exactly just use these averages in your calculations (they`re useful for a rough ballpark but thats about it) for a burst heavy spec like Arcane

Also the point of Nitro Boosts is the extreme burst mobility (kinda redundant with Blink, but is still very potent)

9. May 26, 2016  
    Gloves are 340 haste and average out at 63 Haste which is just on par given that you`re forfeiting the 28 SP glove enchant but you can`t exactly just use these averages in your calculations (they`re useful for a rough ballpark but thats about it) for a burst heavy spec like Arcane

Also the point of Nitro Boosts is the extreme burst mobility (kinda redundant with Blink, but is still very potent)
    my bad for the haste given by Glove, all my reasonning falling down because of this points.
    For the part "Arcane his a heavy burst spec" yes sure but a burst at 1sec casting time with 48 more SP hit harder.
    I deliberatly have skip the burst mobility of the nitro boost because an arcane mage is not suppose to moove (and even no more then a blink) except with the red ooze on him, or on Lk or halion (which are clearly not a bosses for an arcane mage)

So my bad Eng may be more usefull then JC even in arcane. (even if I keep thinking that if you benefit of all hast boost like power infusion and berserk it can be better to choose SP with JC)

Tiny.

10. May 27, 2016  
    arcane mage with BIS gear because even full gems SP he is around 1350 haste
    Going to stop you there. What is this 1350 haste bis set you're speaking of?

11. May 27, 2016  
    Going to stop you there. What is this 1350 haste bis set you're speaking of?
    [Crushing Coldwraith Belt], [Ring of Rapid Ascent], [Plaguebringer's Stained Pants], [Dislodged Foreign Object], [Shadow Silk Spindle], [Blood Queen's Crimson Choker], [Corpse-Impaling Spike], [Bloodsurge, Kel'Thuzad's Blade of Agony], [Cloak of Burning Dusk], [Bracers of Fiery Night], [Charred Twilight Scale], [Sanctified Bloodmage Hood], [Sanctified Bloodmage Shoulderpads], [Sanctified Bloodmage Robe], [Sanctified Bloodmage Gloves]

but this way you have 237 hit so you would need some hit gems and haste is around 1380

12. May 27, 2016  
    [Crushing Coldwraith Belt], [Ring of Rapid Ascent], [Plaguebringer's Stained Pants], [Dislodged Foreign Object], [Shadow Silk Spindle], [Blood Queen's Crimson Choker], [Corpse-Impaling Spike], [Bloodsurge, Kel'Thuzad's Blade of Agony], [Cloak of Burning Dusk], [Bracers of Fiery Night], [Charred Twilight Scale], [Sanctified Bloodmage Hood], [Sanctified Bloodmage Shoulderpads], [Sanctified Bloodmage Robe], [Sanctified Bloodmage Gloves]

but this way you have 237 hit so you would need some hit gems and haste is around 1380
    I recommend filling in that empty ring slot with the Ashen Band, you even go over 1400 (closer to 1450) haste.
    PS: 237 hit is 9.03%, that means you're 1% over cap in a raid without the Draenei racial.
    Edited: May 27, 2016

13. May 27, 2016  
    I recommend filling in that empty ring slot with the Ashen Band, you even go over 1400 (closer to 1450) haste.
    PS: 237 hit is 9.03%, that means you're 1% over cap in a raid without the Draenei racial.
    And so what ?
    I just say that maybe arcan mage don't need more hast CD, the fact he have at BIS gear 1400 and not 1350 like I say just increase the phenomenom

Tiny.

14. May 27, 2016  
    And so what ?
    I just say that maybe arcan mage don't need more hast CD, the fact he have at BIS gear 1400 and not 1350 like I say just increase the phenomenom

Tiny.
    I pointed out that there's no need for more hit and that an item was missing from the mentioned set. What are you trying to go on about? If you find me pointing out the obvious flaws offensive then maybe you should take a break, from the internet in general.
    Edited: May 27, 2016

15. May 27, 2016  
    And so what ?

Tiny.
    Why gem for more hit if it isn't needed? Is 1400+ haste not worth having if you can obtain it without hurting SP and crit?

12 Last