1. May 26, 2016  

Don't fall for the C.O.D scammers !

I saw a post recently of a guy that got scammed for 2500 gold.I know 99% people are not that naive to fall for a C.O.D scam,but for those 1%,that don't even know about these types of scams,here is a way of recognizing a C.O.D scam :

Here is what you are going to see when you open your mailbox :

It clearly shows C.O.D over the item icon,you can't miss it.

If you move your mouse pointer over the icon,it will show this :

It will show you what item it is and the amount of money you are going to pay for the item,if you take it.

And last,when you open the mail,there are a lot of spelling errors :

And last but not least,WARMANE ADMINS ARE NEVER EVER GOING TO GIVE YOU GOLD ! Do not be a fool and think that anyone will give you 2500 gold for nothing,especially on lordaeron server.There is no return policy so if you get scammed,you are bent.You are not getting your gold back.
    Edited: May 26, 2016

2. May 26, 2016  
    Chances are those who`d fall to a scam like that are also the guys who don`t read the forum, .. well not `till its too late anyways

3. May 27, 2016  
    I wonder if the really bad english is something that the scammers added when they though "wait, this is too easy for us, we need to give them some room to spot us more easily".

Or maybe they're just completely ******ed ?

4. May 27, 2016  
    Nice thread, screenshots should help the newbies a lot. Just to add, you forgot to mention people should press the RETURN button instead of anything else and report the player who is performing the scam immediately to GM's through in-game ticket. Stay aware Lordaeron community!
    Edited: May 27, 2016

5. May 27, 2016  
    Warmane could block the use of "warmane" or "gamemaster" in all character names - that way it would lessen the probability of someone falling for this.

6. May 27, 2016  
    Well, after seeing the huge banwave today, I'm positive that they are doing their best to counter all the goldsellers/scammers/botters etc.

7. May 27, 2016  
    Real balkan scan should be "Ko stava give gold eba maikata", not this fake gentle english.

8. May 28, 2016  
    The only way he can scam you and get your gold,is if you take the bag? So you click on the mail you click "return" or report as spam,does that relly help?

9. May 28, 2016  
    Its the Molten equivalent of the big Nigerian prince email scam (which has been subject to scientific research before), the contents are just so ****ing unbelievable that 99 out of 100 will not even come close to falling to it, but the payouts are usually big enough (compared to the risk/costs), that even with one out of a hundred falling for a cheap scam like this they`ll way more than break even, and if you do that to half of the server its still quite an amount of cash.

10. Its the Molten equivalent of the big Nigerian prince email scam (which has been subject to scientific research before), the contents are just so ****ing unbelievable that 99 out of 100 will not even come close to falling to it, but the payouts are usually big enough (compared to the risk/costs), that even with one out of a hundred falling for a cheap scam like this they`ll way more than break even, and if you do that to half of the server its still quite an amount of cash.
    It started on icecrown aswell lol so many mail scams,kek

11. In order to avoid this,report spam it,it will delete the mail and the scammer wont get anything from you,just dont take the item off the mail. And you should be safe.

12. I just got such mail, guy COD mailed me a brown leather bag for 500g and I'm wondering if that's reportable. I snapped a screenshot and will send the GMs a scam report.

Turns out the guy is using a separate account,since his scammer toon is a lv 1 priest. I despise scammers for their audacity and will report any I see because they're scum.
    Edited: September 18, 2018

13. I just got such mail, guy COD mailed me a brown leather bag for 500g and I'm wondering if that's reportable. I snapped a screenshot and will send the GMs a scam report.

Turns out the guy is using a separate account,since his scammer toon is a lv 1 priest. I despise scammers for their audacity and will report any I see because they're scum.
    Very few scammers in Lordaeron, so I think I know this guy. PM me the name of this lvl 1 toon and maybe I can deal with him finally.

14. Its the Molten equivalent of the big Nigerian prince email scam (which has been subject to scientific research before), the contents are just so ****ing unbelievable that 99 out of 100 will not even come close to falling to it, but the payouts are usually big enough (compared to the risk/costs), that even with one out of a hundred falling for a cheap scam like this they`ll way more than break even, and if you do that to half of the server its still quite an amount of cash.
    Even if its rude i personally believe that both for the Nigerian prince and this scam the ones falling for only have them self to blame.

Honestly if some stranger out of the blue contacts you and say something along "if you give me a fairly big sum of money/gold then i give you something even better" and you fall for that. you only have yourself to blame :)