1. May 26, 2016  

Agony

Is it just me or did they buged damage of agony since 1.April fool when they were playing whit it ,the dmg is reduced .It should be way higher than UA , but here it does almost same damage as UA. I remember playing on retail and when u had agony on 10 stacks it did more damage than UA and corruption together. Soory for my bad english.

2. May 26, 2016  
    Feel free to check it out and report your findings.

3. May 26, 2016  
    Feel free to check it out and report your findings.
    from where did you get that agony dmg shouldnt increase from 1st to 6th stacks

4. May 26, 2016  
    from where did you get that agony dmg shouldnt increase from 1st to 6th stacks
    from where did you get that agony dmg should increase from 1st to 6th stacks

5. May 26, 2016  
    from where did you get that agony dmg should increase from 1st to 6th stacks
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=980/agony#changelog

"This damage builds up slowly at first and builds up EACH TIME it deals dmg"

so 2nd tick should do more dmg than 1st, 3rd more dmg than 2nd and so on

plus http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...n-tips-quirks/

scroll down for this at 6th part "At approximately 40k Spell Power, Agony's 10 stack will hit for about 28,000-30,000 damage. With procs, this gets even higher. For calculation purposes, let's assume 30,000 for non-crits. If you maintain a 10 stack for an entire random 10 tick duration, you'd do 30,000 x 10, or 300,000 damage. However, if you were to have let Agony fall off and had to rebuild during this same 10 tick cycle, your first tick would hit for 3,000, your 2nd for 6,000, etc"

i've just tried with 40352sp, but at 10 stacks, it deal only 18k dmg. Lel

and he even said that for example 1st tick will tick for 3k, 2nd for 6k, which obviously proves my claim, unless there is another changelog for agony that i didnt know of
    Edited: May 26, 2016

6. May 26, 2016  
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=980/agony#changelog

"This damage builds up slowly at first and builds up EACH TIME it deals dmg"

so 2nd tick should do more dmg than 1st, 3rd more dmg than 2nd
    Tooltips are all but reliable information.

7. May 26, 2016  
    Lel...really? So what about the 2nd part 40k sp should be around 28k-30k dmg per tick at 10 stacks, now its like 18k only.

He even explained how the dmg gonna build up from each stacks.

Or i guess you gonna tell me that the dude from retail that wrote that guide is lying or even retail is bugged?

8. May 26, 2016  
    Lel...really? So what about the 2nd part 40k sp should be around 28k-30k dmg per tick at 10 stacks, now its like 18k only.
    I'll leave that part to you.

Or i guess you gonna tell me that the dude from retail that wrote that guide is lying or even retail is bugged?
    Why not both?

9. May 26, 2016  

10. May 26, 2016  
    wow such professional answer..
    It has nothing to with being professional or not, Blizz has loads of bugs, they fix/break stuff and do undocumented changes. Things offten do not work the way they are described and tooltips are not updated, sometimes even whole expansion (not a day, or a month, or a patch, but expansion, same goes for bugs, some bugs haven't been fixed in years[multiple expansions]).
    Just because "its retail" it doesn't mean its bug free.

11. May 26, 2016  
    Lol blue. You keep denying him when he actually have showed some proves. But i still havent saw any from you

12. May 26, 2016  
    Tooltips are all but reliable information.
    Staff trolling the community. not funny at all. Guess this is what mop community receives.
    Hail wotlk. Love it when classes one shot each other , so balanced, so skill

13. May 26, 2016  
    Lol blue. You keep denying him when he actually have showed some proves. But i still havent saw any from you
    I haven't seen proof, just a bit of text that can be written by anyone.

Staff trolling the community. not funny at all
    Its a fact, far from trolling. If you read your class tooltips you'll find a minimum of one that is incorrect.

For the record, Agony deals 5 stacks worth of damage <=5 stacks.
    To illustrate that:
    1. 500
    2. 500
    3. 500
    4. 500
    5. 500
    6. 600
    7. 700
    8. 800
    9. 900
    10. 1000

Are you saying it should deal 100>200>x>900>1000?

14. May 26, 2016  
    It has nothing to with being professional or not, Blizz has loads of bugs, they fix/break stuff and do undocumented changes. Things offten do not work the way they are described and tooltips are not updated, sometimes even whole expansion (not a day, or a month, or a patch, but expansion, same goes for bugs, some bugs haven't been fixed in years[multiple expansions]).
    Just because "its retail" it doesn't mean its bug free.
    I thought frostwolf should be a blizzlike server, which means it should kinda try to mimic or emulate the same way it was on retail as close as possible. So i thought wrong. You're deciding yourself which one is bugged and which is one not instead of following the way it was on retail isnt it? No wonder its getting "buggier" each day.. Silly me.. and btw what's with the changelog on homepage, most of the "fixed" stuff are still buggy

15. May 26, 2016  
    Guys, if you want to report something, do so properly. So far we have one quote from a guide that says otherwise to what BlueAo has claimed. This is not enough.

In-game tooltips are NEVER enough. They are notoriously (hehe) wrong, and always have been misleading.

What you need to find is a staff post saying how Agony works from an actual developer on Blizzard. Do some research first, and then come back if you come up empty-handed and ask BlueAo for his source. I'm pretty sure they have a good source on how it works, hence why it being coded as it is.

Find an actual formula, him saying something off handed is completely useless. We can't know which boss/environment he tested this on, if haunt was up or not, if YOU'RE testing in PvP or not, many issues with this statement. Find a formula, post it here, then we can talk.

123 Last