1. May 27, 2016  

Marketplace Renovation

First off,

I would like to thank the Warmane staff for offering us a marketplace, and I would like to give some suggestions on how to clean it up and enchance it for some people. As this is a suggestion, it doesn't need to be implemented if the Staff finds this suggestion unfit. This was written with an Icecrown influence, but I can see this being applied to MOP and Cata.

My suggestion is to remove all the items above ilvl 200 and to replace it with items under ilvl 200. Why? Simple, why do the content when you can get it easily just by a collection of 1000 achievement points and a click of a button? With the new marketplace, there is no more need to get into a guild or a pug to do ICC, when in just under a year (depending on Activity Rank) you can get full BiS, without doing anything at all, just a simple click of a button!

Why replace it with items under ilvl 200? It would boost twinking and even the standard population is booming like baby boomers of 1946! After numerous ICCs people may want to sit back and level a twink and maybe use some of their points to buy some gear for them. Over 45% of Warmane's current population (take or less) are twinks. (including all brakets)

That being said, I do indeed hope that this suggestion implemented, not for my sake or any other twinks, but for some 80s who want the WOTLK experience of gearing their gear progressively. As with the current marketplace allowing all items above ilvl 200, what would be the point of dungeons and raids in the WOTLK content area? (Excluding achievement runs, gold farming, lore dungeon quests, etc).
    Edited: May 27, 2016

2. May 27, 2016  
    With some parts i agree,with some i disagree.

I like the the merketplace,they should indeed add low level items,but not by removing the 264ilvl we have now.
    I heard it was on a stream or something that malaco said the low level item can be added again for points.

@girm,dude why you think they removed the low level gear? First to promote people to play 80s not twinks,and second maybe.. to make twinks to farm their own gear to become more challenging.

I agree with almost everything you said except,removing items above 200lvl,i wouldn't want them removed for reasons,and if a player wants to do icc raids and dungeons,lore,the marketplace won't stop him because of high lvl gear. My opinion,hope they add again low level items.

3. May 27, 2016  
    My suggestion is to remove all the items above ilvl 200 and to replace it with items under ilvl 200. Why? Simple, why do the content when you can get it easily just by a collection of 1000 achievement points and a click of a button? With the new marketplace, there is no more need to get into a guild or a pug to do ICC, when in just under a year (depending on Activity Rank) you can get full BiS, without doing anything at all, just a simple click of a button!
    Firstly I don't think the vote shop discourages people from raiding. Secondly heroic gear is considered BiS. Thirdly the vote shop encourages people to achievement farm which means they'll be playing the game and doing older content, which they may otherwise skip. Also remember it takes 25 - 38 days to get one t10 item, depending on how many points you get per day. The vote shop also helps PvPers not just people who play PvE to get their trinkets and weapons. And most people will just get trinkets or weapons for a lowbie alt.

Why replace it with items under ilvl 200? It would boost twinking and even the standard population is booming like baby boomers of 1946! After numerous ICCs people may want to sit back and level a twink and maybe use some of their points to buy some gear for them. Over 45% of Warmane's current population (take or less) are twinks. (including all brakets)
    Not everyone is twink dude. And where do you the 45% from be nice if you provide proof of this.

4. May 27, 2016  
    Thanks for voicing your opinions!

I personally don't mind if they remove or keep items removal of ilvl 200, I just attempted to give a suggestion that may give more activity of people playing their characters more and a more feel of earning it. I wouldn't mind farming gear currently but it's those players that have unobtainable items and that handful of poor folk don't wanna ( not going to call it donate) buy gears. But I do see your points about it boosting activity as for people doing achievements.

For the 45% of the population, that's a number I pulled out from my brain as I was a bit under the influence as well when I typed this. it may be around the 25-45% range and I'm including all realms in the census.
    Edited: May 27, 2016

5. May 27, 2016  
    This entire thing smells money. With the old vote shop people would vote for those 109 vp weapons and jump into pvp and farm from there, arena was lively back then. Now the only way to have a nice starter weapon for pvp is buying a Battered Hilt and do all the pve it requires. A very little portion of the population does that. And waiting a whole month just to get one item is not an option either.
    AVs are filled with nothing but donators, arena is the same case, and I believe it's all because of this new **** market. People just don't have the patience to wait, and no matter how you see it, giving items like death's verdict for free is not quite right. You're just baiting people to donate.

6. May 27, 2016  
    This entire thing smells money. With the old vote shop people would vote for those 109 vp weapons and jump into pvp and farm from there, arena was lively back then. Now the only way to have a nice starter weapon for pvp is buying a Battered Hilt and do all the pve it requires. A very little portion of the population does that. And waiting a whole month just to get one item is not an option either.
    AVs are filled with nothing but donators, arena is the same case, and I believe it's all because of this new **** market. People just don't have the patience to wait, and no matter how you see it, giving items like death's verdict for free is not quite right. You're just baiting people to donate.
    Did you legitly vote back then or skipped system just stealing the points like many did?

7. May 29, 2016  
    While as I do support the idea of bringing back items under ilvl 200, I don't think we should remove them but make it like the old market where ToC 25 was the max you can get with the store (Correct me if I'm wrong). But yes I, 100% support the bringing back of items just not the removal of the 80 items 100%

8. May 29, 2016  
    Please add lower level items like before. There are ppl twinking at lower levels you know.

9. May 29, 2016  
    wtb back mounts, got nothing to spend my VP on since bis...

10. May 29, 2016  
    wtb back mounts, got nothing to spend my VP on since bis...
    It was answered on the other thread the point shop will stay as it is,they won't bring the old one or adding mounts to it.