1. May 27, 2016  

(Arena-Tournament) Blackrock s8 Gear & Title Removal [Discussion]

First of all Hi.

People Usually know me as NeoN from old AT forum as Graphic Designer and hardcore wannaber1 AT addict.

I'd like to express my opinion on this hilarious statement from Malaco and few others who are still in charge of ex AT's realm named ''Blackrcok''

Pretty much I logged on AT (i just call it AT, Blackrock is awful name for a realm) few days a go and saw Malaco talking about removing gear and titles, i was pretty shocked that he is willing to do that on already dead server (compared to AT back then). I think that's a mistake and i highly doubt that anyone will grind s8 gear again (like we used to do back in 2012).

Maybe I'm wrong but i see this as a leap of faith (jk) to restore the already gone population on server. Not to mention server was decent before they screwed the Transmogs (Transmogs is what players like and no one can't deny that) therefore you can get them for money!

I don't know what you're trying to do, maybe they are going on ''if you don't wanna grind for 3 months, just buy it with paypal'' or something like that.

Notice : This thread means no hard towards Molten STAFF or AT STAFF.

Notice : Purpose of this thread is to start a discussion with old/new AT players (if there's any, i'm glad you're still with us).

Please share your opinion if you have one, and if you actually care about this. I'm eager to read what other people have to say about this.

Notice : I really don't want some PVE heroes from molten (no offence) to troll or start a fight/negative discussion on this thread, so let's be polite and positive!

P.S Hisue still has an ugly cat :D

EDIT : Your website and forum section is awful i need to push my eyes to read something. Brown and gray? Really? :giggle:
    Edited: May 27, 2016 Reason: jk

2. May 27, 2016  
    I think the gear grind works out on a 3k or 4k pop realm, not a 1k pop one, and I don`t really see the change jacking it up to a 3k realm again, but then again the IC merge hype was real

3. May 27, 2016  
    This same old complaints make me think of one thing and one thing only;

Have you played on Retail?

Because if you actually did play on retail, you would know that you would reach the BiS status for that season and you would see another season being launched with new gear to grind for in a short ammount of time. Did you make one of this threads every single time a new season of PvP was introduced in Retail?

What's the issue of farming for Wrathful when you already start with a huge advantage by having the Relentless gear? It consumes a little bit of your patience? Sure. Does it kill you? Hell no. The only rant that I can understand is related to the titles since they can be a pain to get. Other than that, as gear purposes go, I really don't understand what's the pain of grinding from Relentless to Wrathful when that can be quite easy.
    Edited: May 27, 2016

4. May 27, 2016  
    Yes i do play WOD retail Outland EU (warlord season 2 & season 3 gear) and yes i did obtain it, but you can't possible be comparing Legit Retail with Private server.

And also I was able to obtain 3 (daggers & hands) of Warlord s3 gear within a day. Since they only cost honor or conquest points and they do not require rating.

So i find your comment invalid and pointless. On retail if you wanna get gear you spam BG's all day long and open reward boxes (which can also drop bis gear).

But we're talking about server that has daily activity of 350 players. Downgrading the gear,deleting titles and making it hard to get isn't really something interesting to me.

I wouldn't say a thing if this realm had the old population with all the popular streamers and r1 players. But 90% of them don't play anymore. And i don't think they'll be coming back just to waste 5 weeks on gearing a single class character.

5. May 27, 2016  
    Yes i do play WOD retail Outland EU (warlord season 2 & season 3 gear) and yes i did obtain it, but you can't possible be comparing Legit Retail with Private server.

And also I was able to obtain 3 (daggers & hands) of Warlord s3 gear within a day. Since they only cost honor or conquest points and they do not require rating.

So i find your comment invalid and pointless. On retail if you wanna get gear you spam BG's all day long and open reward boxes (which can also drop bis gear).
    No, I'm comparing BC / WOTLK Live times to this specific situations. You're comparing a WoW for dummies expansion to this situation; At least be honest and pull the tape back enough to talk about facts.

I'll requote myself since you want to neglect my valid question:

What's the issue of farming for Wrathful when you already start with a huge advantage by having the Relentless gear? It consumes a little bit of your patience? Sure. Does it kill you? Hell no. The only rant that I can understand is related to the titles since they can be a pain to get. Other than that, as gear purposes go, I really don't understand what's the pain of grinding from Relentless to Wrathful when that can be quite easy.
    You know what? Step in Icecrown where I'll be amused to see you bothered about how you have to farm from Furious to Wrathful.

But we're talking about server that has daily activity of 350 players. Downgrading the gear,deleting titles and making it hard to get isn't really something interesting to me.
    That goes from opinion to opinion. Personally if I was playing in such a low population server I would rather have a new imposed challenge - Specially in PvP situation. But that changes from individual to individual and I won't judge you for that.

6. May 27, 2016  
    You know what? Step in Icecrown where I'll be amused to see you bothered about how you have to farm from Furious to Wrathful.
    I already have farmed wrathful gear on my Hpaladin on Icecrown but that's just because i was playing PVE (for lols) and once i get saved in all the raids all i can do is play PVP for lols.

But Icecrown has 12.000 people online, 88% of them play PVE and 12% play PVP (arenas-bgs) with mixed PVE.

7. May 27, 2016  
    I already have farmed wrathful gear on my Hpaladin on Icecrown but that's just because i was playing PVE (for lols) and once i get saved in all the raids all i can do is play PVP for lols.

But Icecrown has 12.000 people online, 88% of them play PVE and 12% play PVP (arenas-bgs) with mixed PVE.
    Then if you actually have the time of farming from 0 to Wrathful what's the issue of doing it from Relentless to Wrahtful in a realm that is done just for PvP? Because others might not like the idea of having to farm a little bit when it can be done really quick? I really don't follow your logic behind that point and the only rant that you made that I can actually understand is related to the titles since, like I stated, they can actually be hard to get. But, then again, wiping them also brings a new challenge since people will race for them. I wish they would do the same for some PvE and PvP titles in Icecrown actually, however, this are my two cents.

EDIT: To finish my presence here I'll just point out this; Instead of taking things with such a negative approach (while pointing out several indirect bashes) propose a proper idea with a constructed criticism behind it. Remember that Blackrock, as it is, probably doesn't even pay the whole realm cost. The server is up thanks to the good will of the staff 'cause they're actually following a code of honor and keeping their word; You should take all of this side points in consideration as well.

8. May 27, 2016  
    Then if you actually have the time of farming from 0 to Wrathful what's the issue of doing it from Relentless to Wrahtful in a realm that is done just for PvP? Because others might not like the idea of having to farm a little bit when it can be done really quick? I really don't follow your logic behind that point and the only rant that you made that I can actually understand is related to the titles since, like I stated, they can actually be hard to get. But, then again, wiping them also brings a new challenge since people will race for them. I wish they would do the same for some PvE and PvP titles in Icecrown actually, however, this are my two cents.
    As i said, i obtained wrath gear by having nothing to do. But anyway we're talking about populated server (12.000) and counting.

The Blackrock has average population of 350/550 players on daily basis. 50% of them are random newbs that know nothing of pvp beside battleground rush.

Blackrock has 0 competition, population is so low that even queue time want's you to alt f4 the game.

Out of current Blackrock population 50% can't pass 1.700 raiting in 2s, which means they'll eventually quit since they can't get the gear nor have money to buy it.

EDIT: If you're willing to grind gear then you might as well play Lord, Ice, but for me a PVP player who only plays PVP blackrock is gold, since i can log in play couple of arenas, stream, and then go off.

Days of tryharding on AT are over

[Hand Quote]The server is up thanks to the good will of the staff 'cause they're actually following a code of honor and keeping their word; You should take all of this side points in consideration as well[Hand Quote]

The server that dc's more than 10 times a day and has lag spikes ''ddos'' yeah right. We really should be thankful because they keep 350 people populated server alive? They might as well close the Blackrock.

Single piece is 23 coins = 10$ (or more) and that's a monthly subscription on retail.

9. May 27, 2016  
    As i said, i obtained wrath gear by having nothing to do. But anyway we're talking about populated server (12.000) and counting.

The Blackrock has average population of 350/550 players on daily basis. 50% of them are random newbs that know nothing of pvp beside battleground rush.

Blackrock has 0 competition, population is so low that even queue time want's you to alt f4 the game.

Out of current Blackrock population 50% can't pass 1.700 raiting in 2s, which means they'll eventually quit since they can't get the gear nor have money to buy it.

EDIT: If you're willing to grind gear then you might as well play Lord, Ice, but for me a PVP player who only plays PVP blackrock is gold, since i can log in play couple of arenas, stream, and then go off.

Days of tryharding on AT are over

[Hand Quote]The server is up thanks to the good will of the staff 'cause they're actually following a code of honor and keeping their word; You should take all of this side points in consideration as well[Hand Quote]

The server that dc's more than 10 times a day and has lag spikes ''ddos'' yeah right. We really should be thankful because they keep 350 people populated server alive? They might as well close the Blackrock.

Single piece is 23 coins = 10$ (or more) and that's a monthly subscription on retail.
    23 coins is definitely not $10, try closer to $30.

10. May 27, 2016  

11. May 27, 2016  
    cannot compare a 100% pvp realm with no other content whatsoever or even hostile NPC's to a retail server, on retail you can do a million things meanwhile you wait for the arena point flush. Here i might aswell log off and come back a week later considering its not easy to meet up with your partner that youre basicly bound to for an entire week in order to collect points. this cant possibly increase activity, sorry

12. May 27, 2016  
    I personally play AT BG's only for fun as the hackers/scripters have absolutely ruined Arena. Even skirmish has scripters in it... wtf?

I will not attempt to grind gear via this garbage Arena state for BG's only. I don't think i'm the only one feeling that way either.

I suggest giving more effort in banning hackers/scripters than wiping realm.

13. May 27, 2016  
    Discussion ? Tell me why would i farm gear on 1k population realm instead on a 10k one ?
    Started playing on AT before wotlk release but it seems everything is over now.

14. May 27, 2016  
    Because on 1k population server there is still more arena activity than on 12k population server. That´s why

15. May 28, 2016  
    arena activity ? you are 4 years back in the time.

12 Last