1. May 27, 2016  

Community briefing | May 27, 2016

Greetings Warmane community,

You will find below a collection of questions and answers we have gathered from the past week, we hope that this will provide answers to any questions any community members have. Additional questions in the thread itself will be collected and also put into this post. It is in our plans to create more of these threads in the future, so stay tuned for more Questions & Answers sessions.

Wrath of the Lich King

Q: The botters are being banned for low durations. Can you increase it?
    A: The duration is only for first offenders and it's spread all over the accounts. Next offense results in a much longer duration and the termination of the account. Best way to deal with bots is to report them, our GM team will surely monitor and execute the bans as soon as evidence is gathered or even provided in the ticket. We have also went ahead and made the initial duration much more harsh in order to combat the waves of bots.

Q: RDF and heirlooms ever will be a thing of consideration? (Lordaeron)
    A: Right now, we're pretty sure in our decision not to enable and implement any of them for reasons we have stated many times before. We have other realms that have the feature enabled.

Q: Transmog?
    A: It is something we have considered and if we ever implement it would be entirely optional and not turned on by default or visible to players that don't want it to be enabled. However, nothing has been yet confirmed on intentions of doing so.

Q: Players are sitting AFK in the login screen and filling up our spots, what to do about it?
    A: There's a cooldown and a kick timer implemented for this, right now it's a reasonable amount.

Q: Brutal / Vengeful gear?
    A: Vendors simply need to be re-imported, has been a low priority as gear was available through different means.

Q: Faster respawn of mobs and objects?
    A: We have a dynamic respawn system that lowers the respawn cooldown of NPCs/objects to lower amounts when the area is crowded. We however will not lower it more under any blizzlike.

Q: Server-wide announcement for BGs to promote them?
    A: We never felt this like a necessary thing as BGs are active on it's own and no promotion is needed.

Q: We love events! Can we expect events to be run on Lordaeron soon?
    A: Not anytime soon, so far it has been only for special circumstances and it will probably stay that way.

Cataclysm

Q: With all the WOTLK hype we feel left out. Do we have developers that are dedicated to Cataclysm expansion?
    A: Yes, we have dedicated development for the cataclysm expansion.

Q: We miss the old point shop or at least the feature it had. Can we expect some changes soon for the current one?
    A: No plans on having it returned to an older version or making any changes to it right now.

Q: We are waiting anxiously for the old raids from TBC, WOLTK etc. What is the progress on that?
    A: A huge portion of old content is going under internal testing right now. Most of the issues have been ironed out and only minor problems are left and we're expecting to release a major old content update within few weeks if not sooner. We already tried releasing it today but due to issues with underlying systems we had to delay and put more work into it.

Q: Will it be possible to set your own price for your character on the website?
    A: Due to various reasons, explained elsewhere, the minimum price will be dictated by the website for the foreseeable future.

Q: We believe class fixes are very important for the gameplay, can the developers focus on that?
    A: According to what resources we have, we prioritize fixes, we understand the importance of these update and we're working on it however these issues also require larger dedication and attention (formulas, calculations and et cetera) so updates are coming out slow in this regard.

Q: What is the Status on the Throne of four winds and Nefarian?
    A: Not currently of highest priority, but will be provided some attention after the old content update.

Q: Is there going to be a Merge between Neltharion and Warsong realms?
    A: It is something under-going consideration as we feel it would benefit the Warsong realm community greatly, however we will have to be careful around limitations for the realm transfers.

Mists of Pandaria

Q: What is the status of the anti-cheat feature on Frostwolf?
    A: It has been added to Frostwolf however it's not completely active as it's pending several fixes.

Q: Will character trading without the coins currency will ever be enabled?
    A: No current plans for this.

Q: Will Siege of orgrimmar be realeased on LFR before full release of the raid?
    A: LFR will be added after, likewise to how it was done on official release on retail.

Q: We are also very axiously waiting for Isle of Thunder, what are the plans?
    A: We are working on it, slow and steady.

Q: Do you perhaps have any plans to motivate players to play the 3v3 bracket?
    A: Right now, we're more focused on fixing class related issues, not going to provide incentive for playing the bracket until we have a more concrete state of PvP on the realm.

Q: Char trading - account bound mounts, what happening to them?
    A: The mounts don't transfer over, they're account bound after all.

Q: Can we get some information regarding Justice to Honor exchange system?
    A: Fix is coming on it's way, it was disabled before due to an exploit related to it.

Q: Charge pathing bugs out sometimes, is pathing the system being worked on?
    A: It is something we want to work further on, but right now we need to shift a few priorities before we can get on it.

Q: Conquest cap is bugged and is a big concern to us. Are the developers working on it?
    A: It's constantly being reworked, for some odd reason it tends to bug out. We are aware of it and working on having it completely fixed.

Q: Deepwind Gorge battleground, is that being worked on right now?
    A: Like all content, it is on the roster to being applied, however it is not high priority at the moment.

Q: We are waiting anxiously for the old raids from TBC, WOLTK etc. What is the progress on that?
    A: We're currently testing out ported functionality and raids on Cataclysm, depending on how it goes there, we can probably a high influx of content to MoP.

Regards,
    Warmane

2. May 27, 2016  
    Q: Is there going to be a Merge between Neltharion and Warsong realms?
    A: It is something under-going consideration as we feel it would benefit the Warsong realm community greatly, however we will have to be careful around limitations for the realm transfers
    I do not know what is your problem with AT Cata core but once implemented you can ignore Warsong, 99% of spell/talent will work fine and you do not even need to add old content becuase AT core has a xmog system based on Arena rating.
    So, as I said, once you make the effort to implement it no devs will ever need to spend his own time on Warsong again.

Please, reconsider it.

3. May 27, 2016  
    I do not know what is your problem with AT Cata core but once implemented you can ignore Warsong, 99% of spell/talent will work fine and you do not even need to add old content becuase AT core has a xmog system based on Arena rating.
    So, as I said, once you make the effort to implement it no devs will ever need to spend his own time on Warsong again.

Please, reconsider it.
    It is something, under going consideration, not anything close to being an actual decision. We just want to let you know, that it is in our heads and more importantly our minds. Not yet going anywhere with it.

I do want to mention, that the myth of 99% of all working is not true. The developers who worked on the core are not certain themselves if the change would be good. Adding another core that we need to maintain and support would be a big stretch. As we told before, it's currently on our shelf as the last time we tried putting it on, we ran into multiple issues like classes ending up with wrong spells and et cetera.

The idea itself with everything being correct and utopia existing is not true unfortunately, the other core also has issues that we cannot ignore. That is why it's a low priority.
    Edited: May 27, 2016 Reason: Spelling

4. May 27, 2016  
    its been over a year since you promised at core on warsong now get with it, or is the dev still on "vacation"

5. May 27, 2016  
    Big question : i'm getting quite tired of playing with the bugtracker opened 24/7, torn between not knowing if the quest i'm doing has a crap droprate or is simply broken .. and i'd like to have more news concerning what's getting fixed concerning said broken quests.

6. May 27, 2016  
    its been over a year since you promised at core on warsong now get with it, or is the dev still on "vacation"
    The initial ETA was not correct. After all, it is merely an 'estimated time of arrival'. The estimation can be incorrect. You can read my previous reply to get more information on the 'why' and 'how' aspects.

Big question : i'm getting quite tired of playing with the bugtracker opened 24/7, torn between not knowing if the quest i'm doing has a crap droprate or is simply broken .. and i'd like to have more news concerning what's getting fixed concerning said broken quests.
    We are currently internally testing the entirety of all quests to get a better overview. We are still working on quests, of course and the goal is always, and has always been, to get them all right. From a few seconds of looking at the development progress, we can say that some highly demanding quests (that currently have high priority on BugTracker) are being delivered next.
    Edited: May 27, 2016

7. May 27, 2016  
    We are currently internally testing the entirety of all quests to get a better overview. We are still working on quests, of course and the goal is always, and has always been, to get them all right. From a few seconds of looking at the development progress, we can say that some highly demanding quests (that currently have high priority on BugTracker) are being delivered next.
    i hope this means we will see a fix to words of power and Ned Lord of Rhinos at some point on Lordaeron among others i mean Words of power has been broken for like 3 months and has over 18 reports and the highest voted is 182 in priority

8. May 27, 2016  
    ye, say 99% of spell/Talent works might not be true, you are right but my point is that the amount of spell/talent fixes on that core is enough to not add new fixes ( expect some huge break-gaming come out suddenly).
    As we told before, it's currently on our shelf as the last time we tried putting it on, we ran into multiple issues like classes ending up with wrong spells and et cetera.
    well, it is kind of weird, I palyer for 2 years and was running fine... whatever, I am not a Dev but in case you are telling the truth and this is the reason you haven't implemente yet then why do not just telling us?

Just to make a recap about what happened on Warsong.
    "hey we have decided to make some new change we haven't forget about you guys" - August 2015
    "ok we decided to implemente AT Core, ETA 25 Augustt" - August 2015
    "ok we will add the core after TBC content is fulyl working on Lordaeron" - October

Then nothing, no news or post about the AT core. just to be clear if you have decided to not implement anymore I am fine, it is just that you guys could say " well we tried but some issue came out so we will not be able to bring the Core anymore, sorry".

the issue you mentioned before is the first post a staff member do about At Core after 8 months

9. May 27, 2016  
    Q: Players are sitting AFK in the login screen and filling up our spots, what to do about it?
    A: There's a cooldown and a kick timer implemented for this, right now it's a reasonable amount.

Q: Server-wide announcement for BGs to promote them?
    A: We never felt this like a necessary thing as BGs are active on it's own and no promotion is needed.
    I asked both of these questions in game. About a week and a half ago, I forgot to close WoW when I went to lectures and came back (6 hours) and my account was logged in to the character screen still. Surely this is not a sufficient AFK time period if any exists.

I can assure you, on Lordaeron, battlegrounds apart from 10-19 and 80 do happen but they are 3v4, 4v5 encounters or at best 6v6. This is not what I constitute as active battlegrounds. Many people have told me they would switch to their alternate characters if a server-wide battleground announcer was implemented if say they were levelling their main and this would be a great opportunity for more people to discover PvP (many people don't know what warsong gulch is at lower levels).

10. May 27, 2016  
    Q: Deepwind Gorge battleground, is that being worked on right now?
    A: Like all content, it is on the roster to being applied, however it is not high priority at the moment.

A: We're currently testing out ported functionality and raids on Cataclysm, depending on how it goes there, we can probably a high influx of content to MoP.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :(((

11. May 27, 2016  
    Are you going to nerf TBC raids on Icecrown? Since most pugs can't clear it, and it's literally killing twink community.

12. May 27, 2016  
    Is there ever going to be an option in point shop for realm transfer for characters? Ex: From Neltharion(Cata) to Frostwolf(MoP).

13. May 27, 2016  
    Well if transfers do happen of Warsong to Nelth, my Shadow Priest will surely love it.

14. May 27, 2016  
    I don't know how this question was missed, but the majority of MOP are awaiting low level content, dungeons, tbc raids, etc. Any word on this because, for instance, Sunwell information had been swept under the rug and we were told in February that it will be released soon.

Another thing is will we have Strands and AV once again? Some were able to get into those BGs on MOP but it was bugged, hence why it was disabled once again.

15. May 27, 2016  
    I don't know how this question was missed, but the majority of MOP are awaiting low level content, dungeons, tbc raids, etc. Any word on this because, for instance, Sunwell information had been swept under the rug and we were told in February that it will be released soon.

Another thing is will we have Strands and AV once again? Some were able to get into those BGs on MOP but it was bugged, hence why it was disabled once again.
    The answer is in the original post.

Is there ever going to be an option in point shop for realm transfer for characters? Ex: From Neltharion(Cata) to Frostwolf(MoP).
    It is technically possible, but we don't want the transfers to be a downgrade in any sense of the word in terms of playing experience.

123 ... Last