1. June 2, 2016  
    There was probably still a GCD because otherwise it would be possible to one shot opponents.
    Just make a macro which execute Devouring Plague multiple times and spam the macro.
    The inexistence of GCD means that u can global opponents.
    They only did it in ICC as far as I know...but they'd spam it way too fast for there to have been a gcd, I never bothered asking what they were using, doubt they woulda told me anyway.

2. June 2, 2016  
    Just going to sit back and laugh while all the cheat experts talk about how things work.

3. June 2, 2016  
    Just going to sit back and laugh while all the cheat experts talk about how things work.
    legit/insider cheat user itt?))

4. June 2, 2016  
    More like myself and Sixtyninee both happen to know someone who's managed to fully reverse engineer the Warden module and learn about the undocumented and unused functionality. It was also rather enlightening in terms of how it works, what it scans for, how it does its checks.

Also it's worth noting there's yet to have been a private server that's ever fully utilized Warden's functionality other than whatever comes with a standard MaNGOS or TC build.
    Edited: June 2, 2016

5. June 2, 2016  
    More like myself and Sixtyninee both happen to know someone who's managed to fully reverse engineer the Warden module and learn about the undocumented and unused functionality. It was also rather enlightening in terms of how it works, what it scans for, how it does its checks.

Also it's worth noting there's yet to have been a private server that's ever fully utilized Warden's functionality other than whatever comes with a standard MaNGOS or TC build.
    Maybe that person can explain to me why when they first released it on this server, several years ago, I got banned 4 times for sitting on a bench afk in Silvermoon. The whole thing still really confuses me...especially since I haven't changed anything on my WoW client or computer since then, except that I stopped going to Silvermoon. But as soon as I stopped going to Silvermoon, I stopped getting banned.

6. June 2, 2016  

7. June 2, 2016  
    Maybe that person can explain to me why when they first released it on this server, several years ago, I got banned 4 times for sitting on a bench afk in Silvermoon. The whole thing still really confuses me...especially since I haven't changed anything on my WoW client or computer since then, except that I stopped going to Silvermoon. But as soon as I stopped going to Silvermoon, I stopped getting banned.
    First released? I'll clarify: the Warden module is Blizzard's baby. It's still active and present today even on WoD in retail. The difference is retail Warden is maintained and the private server one is not.

I never said no one ever tried to mess with it on private servers, only that I've yet to see a private server tune it correctly. Sounds like something that was poorly configured in Warden if it kept banning you.

Warden can be turned off but it's always on and present by default no matter what kind of WoW emulation core or expansion you're playing on.

8. June 2, 2016  
    To add to what Kasumii said, I also spent some time doing my own work in the area. Computer security is what I enjoy doing. I figure if a person made it then a person can break it, most of the time it ends in a challenge but I enjoy the learning experience. I'm not interested in wow itself, I just enjoy poking at things and seeing what's possible.

Can I write some of the hacks being listed on this thread? Most likely.
    Am I using them? Nope.
    Do I know how they actually work? Yep.
    Am I going to write any? If I hear of something that actually causes major issues, like jumps causing render issues and major lag/crashes to everyone in view, then I'll reinvent it and send the devs some info on how to reproduce it.
    So what do I do? I poke at things, similarly to how a kid would poke a dead thing with a stick.

Nearly 12 years ago I started reversing PS2 games and modding the living crap out of them, can't wait to see where I am in another 12.

9. June 2, 2016  
    Am I going to write any? If I hear of something that actually causes major issues, like jumps causing render issues and major lag/crashes to everyone in view, then I'll reinvent it and send the devs some info on how to reproduce it.
    I'll take the opportunity here to add that in the case of new hacks that are released: the best way to safeguard a server would be for someone to reverse engineer the hack being used to understand how it works and how it's evading Warden scans.

Once this is discovered, the appropriate changes can be made to Warden to expand it's ability to detect the hack and act accordingly. Very few people actually do this and I can't think of any private server that actually goes this far to defend their projects against new hack releases. (I've seen some newly launched projects claim they have, but their anti-cheat still ends up getting evaded a week or two after release)

Poorly written hacks that are reusing old techniques can sometimes be countered just by trial and error tuning which is how some projects overcome them but even this is becoming rather rare nowadays.

10. June 2, 2016  

11. June 2, 2016  
    First released? I'll clarify: the Warden module is Blizzard's baby. It's still active and present today even on WoD in retail. The difference is retail Warden is maintained and the private server one is not.

I never said no one ever tried to mess with it on private servers, only that I've yet to see a private server tune it correctly. Sounds like something that was poorly configured in Warden if it kept banning you.

Warden can be turned off but it's always on and present by default no matter what kind of WoW emulation core or expansion you're playing on.
    I remember way before Molten existed, my old server tried using Warden...it banned literally everybody, including the owner of the server. Was hilarious to see.

12. June 2, 2016  
    I remember way before Molten existed, my old server tried using Warden...it banned literally everybody, including the owner of the server. Was hilarious to see.
    That's impressively bad, and awesome lol

13. June 5, 2016  
    I've seen quite a few people in my old pre wipe guild who used it as a shadow priest to spam devouring plague as fast as their finger could move...sadly, getting those people banned was near impossible though.
    That preist from Insanity is still doing it.... 100+ scores per bg using gcd with dev spam.

14. June 5, 2016  
    That preist from Insanity is still doing it.... 100+ scores per bg using gcd with dev spam.
    I know who you're talking about. That child has been using that cheat since back in the old Lordaeron days. The only solution is a permanent ban, he got a ban once from what I know but it was only for 30 days.

15. June 5, 2016  
    Staff needs to do something against that guy i was just in bg where everyone who he targeted instant died.......it wouldn't be annoying if that guy would make 1bg per day but he plays like that 24/7 .
    Edited: June 5, 2016

First 1234 Last