1. June 1, 2016  

Warrior or Paladin? (Lordaeron)

Hello there,

Starting a character on Lordaeron and I'm still undecided on which class to play.
    According to you, which is most fun to play? Paladin or Warrior?

I'm planning on leveling as DPS then switching to Tank around level 60ish.

2. June 1, 2016  
    Hello there,

Starting a character on Lordaeron and I'm still undecided on which class to play.

For me it has always been warrior, especially prot - I LOVE that mobility. I also like the class fantasy - crushing stuff with two giant weapons or using your shield to slam your enemies into pieces.

I strongly recommend against starting with ret talents. (ret gets two main/strongest dmg abilities @50 and @60 respectively) It's much better to start as prot imho. I also like leveling with prot war better, but its not that big difference compared to pally.

3. June 1, 2016  
    For me it has always been warrior, especially prot - I LOVE that mobility. I also like the class fantasy - crushing stuff with two giant weapons or using your shield to slam your enemies into pieces.

I strongly recommend against starting with ret talents. (ret gets two main/strongest dmg abilities @50 and @60 respectively) It's much better to start as prot imho. I also like leveling with prot war better, but its not that big difference compared to pally.
    Thanks mate! Plus I've always played paladin before, it's a chance to start over with something new!

4. June 2, 2016  
    If you choose Paladin: Retribution is the most efficient levelling spec.
    If you choose Warrior: Protection is the most efficient levelling spec.

5. June 2, 2016  
    If you choose Paladin: Retribution is the most efficient levelling spec.
    While this might be true I was always bored to death leveling ret until 50 - you basically just taunt, use judgement and afk for 10s. (Yes I exagerate a bit, but lack of abilities is why I start as prot and get ret spec @50)

6. June 7, 2016  
    Hello there,

Man, i recommens you war if u want fun!
    In 2007 i started playing war...and since then....never rolled another class then an alt druid (even tho i played them both)
    So back to your question. Well choose war. Great in pvp, like the all around-iest. The mobility is great, the dmg output is great (even as a Tank) and the versatility of specs as well.
    One con of a warrior would be the lack of sirvability, not geared with a pair of off heals as a paladin is. But nvm that. You have to know that warrior is a wrecking bomb topping the dps (fury) and gr8 tank tools.
    PS: rage!

Now for paladin...played it aswell... well for paladin, i'd like to say that it is fun...until a point. Or so was it for me in pvp...lacking the mobility (even tho u have freedom and three judgments...still) and the lack of an intrerrupt...was killing me. U have heals tho and shields and... wings and more light...and everything ends with Light...wtf is this? Am electrician? Lmao play paladin, but play it as a heal.
    But tanking is kinda ok and dps...dude u have to count on autoattacks since u have like 4 or 5 dmging spells...

PS: warrior has a high skillcap due the vast macros...and stance dancing but it rewards u with tons of pun.Haha

7. The mobility is great, the dmg output is great (even as a Tank) and the versatility of specs as well.
    One con of a warrior would be the lack of sirvability, not geared with a pair of off heals as a paladin is
    I cant say about 80, but during leveling prot easily outdamages fury and arms as long as mobs hit you. Revenge does insane dmg - I had over 700 crits at 27 level, and that hits 2 targets. In about dozen dungeons Ive ran, in every single one I was top dps as tank and often dealt twice as much dmg as 2d place.

Survivability is also huge. I pulled 7-8 mobs at once at below 30 and lived through with healthy chunk of health. 1-2 mobs cant even scratch you before you 2shot them. Watched a guy streaming Fury leveling today. That spec looked soo much weaker
    Edited: June 10, 2016

8. Ive played paladins for 8 years. I made a warrior 1 year ago.
    If you want immediate fun, play a paladin.
    If you want fun for a good period of time roll a warrior.
    The problem with the paladin is that the skillcap is very low. So there isnt much room for your mind and gaming skills to accomodate inside the paladin class. The warrior on the other hand cant get skillcapped: you have millions of possible mistakes and the gameplay overall is both reactive and proactive.
    This is pvp wise, since the others mainly commented the pve part. PvE is very similar though to what i mentioned in terms of PvP.
    Needless to say, this is my opinion.

9. For pvp roll war as it is much better and fun to play whereas if u want to go for pve dpsing then roll pala cuz pala can easily outdps warrior. I don't know how it worked on retail but in this server pala has always outdpsed warrior if they both have same level of gear and for pve tank prot pala is also better than prot war as prot war is broken in this server.
    Edited: June 22, 2016

10. For pvp roll war as it is much better and fun to play whereas if u want to go for pve dpsing then roll pala cuz pala can easily outdps warrior. I don't know how it worked on retail but in this server pala has always outdpsed warrior if they both have same level of gear and for pve tank prot pala is also better than prot war as prot war is broken in this server.
    When was the last time you played retri paladin? They got nerfed to death and warriors are way better than them atm.

11. More like when was the last time he played on Warmane, if you ask me...
    For pvp roll war as it is much better and fun to play
    Warrior - the class that gets constantly kited and dies 1v1 vs quite literally any class in the game, unless you put maximum effort.
    whereas if u want to go for pve dpsing then roll pala cuz pala can easily outdps warrior.
    No. Two years ago, maybe.
    I don't know how it worked on retail
    Warrior is the top PvE DPS on WotLK, together with TTW Mage.
    but in this server pala has always outdpsed warrior if they both have same level of gear
    Nope.
    and for pve tank prot pala is also better than prot war as prot war is broken in this server.
    Prot warriors got fixed years ago.