1. June 3, 2016  

Ignite

I think you're all aware of ignite not stacking. Ignite stands for the one of the main sources of dps and does not only influence combustion damage but overall damage drastically. I'm pretty confused as i couldn't find anything related to an ignite bug @ bug tracker( on site) or forum. I guess that's because staff members don't take that bug tracker thing seriously. I say that because there are some bugs pending for months, some way too obvious bugs.

I'm truly concerned by that fire spec issue as i initially came on this server with some friend ONLY to have fun playing fire mage in cataclysm again as the server i had been playing for 2 years got an expansion update straight to 5.4.8 and i dislike it. Now imagine my disappointment, after 3 days of leveling, finding out that fire is not working properly.

I even heard things like fire would be intentionally nerfed due to some alysrazor 'exploit' from some mages on the server. I doubt this is true, but i would like to know if this spec will be fixed soon. I hope someone will eventually make these clear for me.
    Edited: June 4, 2016

2. This has been intentionally nerfed for a while now, and admins are oblivious to how game breaking this is in pvp for us, im not sure this is gonna be reconsidered anytime tho as any inquiry regarding this issue has been quickly dismissed, we got screwed big time :)

3. Well it's a game-changer in pve too, every mage is playing arcane now, and that's only 1 button aoe and 1 button single target. I can't stand that, why'd they nerf it on purpose ? I heard that they've done so because of alysrazor 'bug'. But you must know that this 'bug' is working on RETAIL aswell and it's completely LEGIT. I wouldn't even call that a bug. Anyway, nerfing the whole spec instead nerfing the boss ? Its 378/391 gear. Come on now, hope some staff member will eventually say a word there.

4. Well it's a game-changer in pve too, every mage is playing arcane now, and that's only 1 button aoe and 1 button single target. I can't stand that, why'd they nerf it on purpose ? I heard that they've done so because of alysrazor 'bug'. But you must know that this 'bug' is working on RETAIL aswell and it's completely LEGIT. I wouldn't even call that a bug. Anyway, nerfing the whole spec instead nerfing the boss ? Its 378/391 gear. Come on now, hope some staff member will eventually say a word there.
    actually i heard it was more of a DS boss fight. some ppl were soloing a boss there.

5. actually i heard it was more of a DS boss fight. some ppl were soloing a boss there.
    Well that certainly has nothing to do with the spec particularly. As far as im concerned, only yor and hagara take more damage in different phases of the encounter, and that's 150% at it's most, which would provide a 1.5kk combustion and not higher than 100k impact if you get extremely lucky, which is not even close to soloing a ds boss. Anyway, the server is in a miserable state right now, lots of bugs everywhere and that's cause there's certainly no staff interested in doing something, this thread's been going for 1 month now and not a reply yet, not to mention again the bug tracker. AS much as would like cataclysm, this server is currently unplayable and if you log in you could see a lot of players trying to sell their account on global, no one likes it as it is right now.

6. July 1, 2016  
    Well that certainly has nothing to do with the spec particularly. As far as im concerned, only yor and hagara take more damage in different phases of the encounter, and that's 150% at it's most, which would provide a 1.5kk combustion and not higher than 100k impact if you get extremely lucky, which is not even close to soloing a ds boss. Anyway, the server is in a miserable state right now, lots of bugs everywhere and that's cause there's certainly no staff interested in doing something, this thread's been going for 1 month now and not a reply yet, not to mention again the bug tracker. AS much as would like cataclysm, this server is currently unplayable and if you log in you could see a lot of players trying to sell their account on global, no one likes it as it is right now.
    We tried bro... We tried

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=323173

7. July 3, 2016  
    399 ilvl and doing only 25k dps at 3m ..... so sad

8. July 3, 2016  

9. They deleted it from the bug tracker... Again... I just reached LVL 85 and found it curious why no one is playing the most popular PVE spec ever for mages. Imagine my surprise and disappointment when I checked the forums and 2 threads popped up (even in google search) with no response from the staff.

I can understand that they are overwhelmed by the sheer amount of issues that need taking care of, but actively silencing initiatives of reporting a bug is disrespectful to the gaming community supporting them and shameful altogether.

10. how do work the updated ignite ? doest it stack ??

11. Sounds like a L2P issue.

Especially when Fire Mages are still doing 40k-50k dps (Funny those are also the guys that know how to play fire).

12. Sounds like a L2P issue.

Especially when Fire Mages are still doing 40k-50k dps (Funny those are also the guys that know how to play fire).
    Yeh I can still pull that much, but that's not the max we can do.... I mean I cant say much atm since I moved out of playable ping zone, and don't have anything to show, but I have confidence that I know how to handle a pve fire mage in raids as I have done so with Pinnacle back in Sargeras. But really 40-50k dps on a fire mage that knows how to play is... mediocre, and it would require immense effort at catching a nice ignite.

Right now my dps tests on dummies (self buffed only) are around 30k, I pull 26-28k spamming fireball and pyro procs. Prior to "Nerf" I could pull 40k+

13. Yeh I can still pull that much, but that's not the max we can do.... I mean I cant say much atm since I moved out of playable ping zone, and don't have anything to show, but I have confidence that I know how to handle a pve fire mage in raids as I have done so with Pinnacle back in Sargeras. But really 40-50k dps on a fire mage that knows how to play is... mediocre, and it would require immense effort at catching a nice ignite.

Right now my dps tests on dummies (self buffed only) are around 30k, I pull 26-28k spamming fireball and pyro procs. Prior to "Nerf" I could pull 40k+
    Mfw top fire mages on retail could only pull 50k-55k max >.>

14. so how to get the best ignite ?
    Edited: August 14, 2016

123 Last